Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• @Jack said: as far as I know everything should be online.

Apparently based on the dude telling you.

• Ok good. Just to make it clear then to other readers then, nothing came back up ever, and AvanteHosting is still a scam.

• @netomx said: Can we stop this now?

Apparently there are many current and/or former customers (mostly), and other folks here who have a bone to pick with Chris. I think it's mostly due to his bad attitude, comments, and his wild attacks on other providers.

My observations and comments were strictly based on what I've read in this thread. I have not experienced their services at all, and my message was very simple: that @ChrisK should take care of his customers and apologize to those that he offended.

The occasional joke is normal on a public forum, and considering how much controversy surrounds Avante Hosting at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if all the negative publicity will turn around at some point and work in Avante's favor. After all, there is no such thing as bad publicity as long as people hear about you.

And in case that he can't help or refund his customers, then at least Chris could offer them a little something to keep them happy:

smile-wire

Thanked by 1luxor
  • After the first 8 days outage last month my VPS came up for 2 weeks, and then after they moved to Dallas it never got online again, 3 weeks offline now.

I was pretty happy with it until then and their KVM-128 configuration and performance matched my budget and needs perfectly.

Despite having a canadian IP when was announced as an US VPS and many times poor disk access performance that for my use I didn't care much about and being my first VPS was enjoying it very much.

I wanted the lowest end and smallest VPS but with very good uptime at the absolute minimal cost.

The IPv6 was not included at the time but was officially offered later which was very interesting for me to do not need to setup a tunnel. The IPv6 never worked because the router announcement was bogus.

ChrisK is now publicly offering refunds in the lowendbox thread to those "having issues", but they keep automaticly closing my support tickets after 72h without reply for the past weeks.

The lack of info about what is going on and what to expect in this mess have ruined the whole experience.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

I think a moderator will come and close this thread when it's "time" to stop. Otherwise, hell with it. Nothing wrong with giving hard criticism :) (border-line criticism :P)

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited October 2012

Guys, plz staph attacking his family by saying things like gold extraction daddy.

It makes you guys WORSE than AvanteHosting and you should feel bad about it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @GIANT_CRAB said: Guys, plz staph attacking his family by saying things like gold extraction daddy.

It makes you guys WORSE than AvanteHosting and you should feel bad about it.

• @GIANT_CRAB You're absolutely right, and that's why it is called speculation :D

• @GIANT_CRAB said: WORSE than AvanteHosting

O_O

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • eastoncheastonch Member
    edited October 2012

@Giant_Crab

Stahp being a Chris Crocker...

Thanked by 1marcm
  • LEAVE CHRIS ALONE!

• @ChrisK is now ironically responding on MinecraftForums, I guess he thought he was "invincible", but after ignoring tons of people, he got what he deserved.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Why you are agains avantehost?

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited October 2012

@DewlanceVPS Nobody is against Avante.

Thanked by 1luxor
  • Control panel intermittent, and server always down.

No route to host.

Thanked by 1luxor
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited October 2012

Here is a link to that thread on MC Forums, seems there is some upset customers over there too. Look at the last several pages for current posts.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/677679-avante-hosting-minecraft-servers-instant-setup-usa-starting-at-400month-512mb-ram-bukkit-ssd-self-operated-network-1-year-dallas-tx/

• I think that people are having to much fun with this. Give the guy a break, he's only 16. I vote that we get him this:

and this

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

Sue the person in charge? honestly this guy deserves to be bashed because he is making no effort to get things done properly. so you people can live with it OR sue them.

• They got an A -? wtf

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy It is because because no one filed a complaint with a BBB against them yet. This is not unusual, I have seen it before with other companies like cell phone providers, car dealerships and so on. Many people prefer to just not bother and move on with their lives.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: I have no problem with Avante Hosting or Chris, I am just going by what I am reading in this thread. All humor aside, it his his own fault that everyone is speculating and making fun of him. I don't understand why he doesn't come out and makes a public statement - on his own website for example - and says something like: "Dear customers, we are x - y - z issues and these are the solutions that we can provide you with. We are very sorry for any inconveniences that you are having." - and also, if people where wrong about his age, he could clear that up as well by saying "I am not 16 years of age like everyone believes, I am however over 21!". I mean, it's this simple and all of this would go away in a heartbeat.

• @marcm Doesn't matter if you file a complaint, since they BBB is a private organization, all they do is send a letter with the complaint. They also ask you for money so that you become a member with them ( Quite odd, isn't it? After their sending of a complaint via mail, they want you to become a member. )

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

@mnpeep That's not true. You don't have to pay anything to file a complaint. I have filed plenty of them against cell phone providers, one big hosting provider and so on. Basically against huge companies where I couldn't get through to customer service. Why are you spreading bad information like this?

They will do more than just send a letter out. If enough of them pile up the DA's office is notified of the district where that business is located in.

• @marcm said: You don't have to pay anything to file a complaint.

I think there is some miscommunication here, the business will be solicited to join the BBB.

• @miTgiB said: I think there is some miscommunication here, the business will be solicited to join the BBB.

That is correct, but as a consumer you are not required to pay anything the BBB. Businesses who want to get accredited have to fulfill certain requirements and pay some fees. Thank you for clarifying :)

• @marcm said: fulfill certain requirements and pay some fees

The only requirement is to pay the fee ;)

• @marcm Just curious, what's the point of becoming accredited with the BBB? I really don't feel like the BBB should even exist.

• @mnpeep It's organization that keeps track of the reputation of various business. It might not be perfect, but it sure helps if you can contact someone when you are dealing with a large company like Verizon or Comcast for example. Folks around here where curious what they could do about their situation, and I've seen @Randy mentioning something about suing the person in charge and that's a bit to much in my opinion, not to mention to complicated. Writing the BBB would be the best route to go for disgruntled customers. Of course, it's just my two cents.

• I don't want to upset anyone, but with Halloween coming up in just two days...