Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• TazTaz Member

So, my man Roel talks about someone's family and only threatens to publish publicly available info in an organized form and he gets instant ban, while peoples are openly publishing Chris's family info and nothing happens.

@Liam double standard sir? Or that proves my theory ones again?

• @nunim 1119 packages? What are you installing, full desktop?

Thanked by 1seraphkz
  • @Taz said: So, my man Roel talks about someone's family and only threatens to publish publicly available info in an organized form and he gets instant ban, while peoples are openly publishing Chris's family info and nothing happens.

Something stuck up your butt?

• TazTaz Member

@Spencer excuse me?

• @Taz said: @Spencer excuse me?

Your excused, we aren't at dinner.

• @nunim said: Debian netinstall for 5 hours

Why bother?

• Install her? I hardly knew her!

Knee slapper joke right there.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited October 2012

@Taz said: So, my man Roel talks about someone's family and only threatens to publish publicly available info in an organized form and he gets instant ban, while peoples are openly publishing Chris's family info and nothing happens.

see

@CVPS_Chris said: Like everyone else has said and you conveniently ignored, ChrisK is not the owner of the company, his DAD is. Posting that information is legitimate and in my eyes nothing wrong with it.

If it were the other way around and ChrisK was the owner and his father just gave him the money ( No VC used ) then posting that information would be wrong.

(emphasis mine)

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited October 2012

@nunim, @spencer liars, my vps is still down! =-(

• @cosmicgate said: @nunim, @spencer liars, my vps is still down! =-(

@CVPS_Chris

• @randy. Thanks but i already have a yearly vps at cvps.

• :( , If this host is providing crappy service, why stay with them? get your money back and spend on another vps that is much more worth it.

• @randy. I am already a customer to almost 70% of the providers in here who has already advertised on LEB/LET before. Where the f can i go to when i already have most of the vps in here?

• @cosmicgate said: Where the f can i go to when i already have most of the vps in here?

HostBluff? At least they're upfront about their downtime policies.

Thanked by 2NateN34 netomx
  • well, if that is the case go ahead and get your money back and keep it. don't give this kid.

• @Randy Given that you were in a similar situation to 'that kid' not too long, I'd have thought you might be a little more forgiving.

• @Nekki,

While I am not defending @Randy, but he was shunned just like @ChrisK here is for what he did, didn't do, and everything wrong. To still be here in a community full of very harsh and opinionated people takes courage and a lot of growing up to be had.

While @Randy may not have fully grown up from a summer host, he certainly took responsibility to move on to the side-lines and look from a former host perspective and see what he did wrong with his first attempt. He has/had a bad rep and may eventually work hard enough by learning and carrying on like he is trying to erase that.

Now @ChrisK is a kid and legally cannot own the company in every sense. What can he and the rest of LET learn from this? Don't screw around. Running a business is serious and one bad mark is a bad mark forever.

Thanked by 4Randy Nick_A lbft Patrick
  • @jshinkle said: While I am not defending @Randy, but he was shunned just like @ChrisK here is for what he did, didn't do, and everything wrong. To still be here in a community full of very harsh and opinionated people takes courage and a lot of growing up to be had.

This is exactly why I would have thought he'd be a bit more forgiving. Right now he's just repeatedly sticking the boot in.

@ChrisK appears to be taking a bit of responsibility, answering all the questions posed to him, and getting his services back up and running (whether it's a genuine turnaround or just a last ditch attempt to keep going, time will tell), so it seems needless for the kicking to continue for now.

• Yes, what about me? at least i give a damm and refunded my customers, and what did this guy do? providing crappy service, giving bullshit reasons about his service and the worst of all kept avoiding our questions, i think anyone can tell that this guy wants money and that is all he care. i certainly think that Chicagovps is so much better than this guy.

Yes, i may have a been in a deadpool in the past, at least i am being honest and gladly refunded everyone. unlike this guy over here, he does nothing to correct the situation.

and how is that a similar situation? this situation is worst compared to mine, do keep in mind that, why would a summer host refund everyone?

it was certainly not a summer host but a unexpected closure of the company

• @Randy I'm not going to create another drama stream, if you think your situation was completely different then that's fine mate. It just might be nice if you let the guy go about his business without constantly telling his customers to move elsewhere, was really my point.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Right, i guess it would make sense and they would decide on their own.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • As of yesterday, my VPS on AvanteHosting no longer exists.
    SolusVM reports: No Virtual Servers Found

• Mine is still the same as 20 days ago. Down.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@Dave8128
    Please PM me for refund..thanks

• @averell @Dave8128 He has said he will take care of you. Submit a ticket on his site and provide him the ticket number in a pm at @ChrisK

Thanked by 1ChrisK
  • ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@averell
    Please PM me for refund...thanks

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

@rds100 said: @nunim 1119 packages? What are you installing, full desktop?

Yeah, I hit the wrong button while installing and figured it would be quicker to proceed then go back since it took me a few hours to get to that point, but boy was I wrong, my install is STILL GOING! It's been 26 hours now...

@ChirsK I'd take one of those refunds as it's obvious this VPS will be of no use, why did the IO tank when moving nodes? Or is this the only KVM node in Dallas that's working?

• @nunim
    Please PM me...thanks

• So i tried changing my OS from Debian to FreeBSD, but the bootloader of FreeBSD hangs after i select 1. Boot to FreeBSD[Enter]. So i just reinstalled Debian but it's taking ages. Is this normal? As I'm currently writing this, I'm still at 60% of base installation, I started 5-6hrs ago.

• Looks like @Chief resolved the @ChrisK problem with the banned tag!