Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• This is not good.alot of us is private messaging him to get our refunds.please unban him.

Thanked by 1SimpleNode
  • Maybe contact him via helpdesk at https://clients.avantehosting.net/submitticket.php

does he not respond to tickets?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited October 2012

@cosmicgate said: This is not good.alot of us is private messaging him to get our refunds.please unban him.

I guess its not really @Chief 's problem, AvanteHosting shouldn't be relying on a forum to support their end users and the same goes for you too, you shouldn't have to use a forum to get a response from your provider :(

Its clearly been required in this case, though.

• Besides, the refund was probably as imminent as the server coming back up.

• If any provider feels so inclined to attempt to threaten us legally this is precisely what happens to their account, and the account of any other representatives connected to that provider. We will not respond directly to such legal threats, we will however suspend the account and any future correspondence will come via our legal counsel. Let this be a fine example for any host that in a post report decides to tell us a post will be "subject to legal process" if you don't get your way.

If you decide to engage us through this medium we hope your attorney offers you both a good rate and a good cup of coffee.

• @ChrisK The comment I made about sharktank was in reference to how this thread was turning into a debate about venture capitalists and was not directed at you in any way... You ask how you screwed the masses??? Have you not googled your company name? I along with many people have been screwed by your so-called support staff (which seems like 1 person using multiple names) where they just decide to ignore the ticket and close them when they realize they have been caught in a lie. You are telling people to PM you for a refund... Check your paypal account! I opened a claim against you a week ago and have since escalated it due to you ignoring it. I am sure I am not the only person with a claim open with paypal. Playing dumb like you don't know whats going on is not doing you any good since most adults can smell bulls--t a mile away. Ignoring people isn't just going to make them go away either! EDIT: Looks like I am too late in my reply :-(

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • The avante site is down, VPS control panel is down, and my VPS is down.

:(

That sucks, I sort of hoped he was going to pull his VPS airplane out of the screaming nosedive and fly right.

• It's interesting to see how the information posted here and the information on their Twitter differs

• @CVPS_Chris should be tagging all those users with his refugee offer on twitter

• Tim. what a smart idea!!

• It's crazy how many clients this kid got.

• I presume most of his client base is Minecraft, he got in at the right time

• This. It's amazing how many crap hosts got big during the Minecraft bubble, and how hard it is now, even with quality gear.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@lele0108 said: This. It's amazing how many crap hosts got big during the Minecraft bubble, and how hard it is now, even with quality gear.

Exactly. Once Minecraft popped out, I thought it would be a waste of time to target that industry, as it was a "not going to be successful" product in my eyes... What a big mistake.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

@Jeffrey said: It's crazy how many clients this kid got.

Because of this.

Edit: Bought twitter followers as well.... :P

• I love how they show that they are on the website "bestminecrafthosts.com" and that they recieved some award.

But they actually never did and have never been listed on that website..

• I believe he did, but the "BestMinecraftHosts" is just $$ eyes.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Dionysus said: I wonder when the Minecraft bubble is going to burst.

It's pretty much dying now.

Thanked by 2SimpleNode eastonch
  • I feel like I am the only person who hates minecraft with a passion, am I the only one?

• @Nexus said: I feel like I am the only person who hates minecraft with a passion, am I the only one?

Definitely not the only one.

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • @Dionysus said: I wonder when the Minecraft bubble is going to burst.

Already happened.

• @Nexus said: I feel like I am the only person who hates minecraft with a passion, am I the only one?

Why waste the energy to hate an inanimate game? Just find something else for your time.

Thanked by 1mojeda
  • JTRJTR Member

@NateN34

Someone should register "betterthanbestminecrafthosts.com", then brag about being listed on it. It would be just as reputable as the original domain.

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • flyfly Member

minecraft is fun. the problem is with a subset of younger users.

• I have been following this thread for a while, and just when I thought it will stop at around ~550 comments it's at nearly 600 and climbing. I think that it has a pretty good chance of hitting 1000 comments before it ends or people just loose interest in it.

@Chief said: If you decide to engage us through this medium we hope your attorney offers you both a good rate and a good cup of coffee.

According to the information in this thread @ChrisK is from Canada, and the server that LET is hosted on is in the United States of America, so it falls under US jurisdiction. Any decent lawyer that's worth his salt, either from Canada or from the US, will tell him that his claims don't have a leg to stand on because according to US law the provider of a public forum or website that is made of user generated content is not responsible for said content. But since I am not a lawyer or qualified to give legal advice to anyone, I am not about to paste here the laws that cover this or the cases that have set the precedent for such laws to exist. Instead I believe that @ChrisK should follow @Chief's advice and find legal council that offers him a good rate and a good cup of coffee.

Then again, instead of wasting money while trying to make a point, maybe @ChrisK should put his money to better use and get some better servers, hire some professionals to take care of his equipment and customers, or maybe use that money to refund his angry customers. Just my two cents of course.

@hiphopsmurf filing a PayPal dispute and elevating it to a claim is not enough. Because PayPal won't cover non-tangible goods you will get your claim most likely denied. However if you call PayPal and explain your situation then they will most likely decide in your favor. Above all, if a merchant gets enough disputes filed against them then PayPal will suspend their account and decide the disputes and/or claims in favor of the customers regardless of the product that the merchant sold to them (tangible or non-tangible).

@ChrisK among the many ugly comments that you have posted in this thread, unwarranted attacks on other providers like @Nick_A from RamNode, you have also posted this:

@ChrisK said: Unbelievable! …..more slanderous attacks on me and now you bring in my family! My competition still posts most of the comments on this thread, trying to “ deadpool” Avante. Sorry to disappoint you but we are still here! I admit we had our fair share of hiccups in our move to Dallas but we never scammed anyone. I don’t need to. Of the thousands of clients at Avante, a very small group are making the most noise, egged on by other hosting sites. Moving over 100 servers, installing new routers, switches, connecting networks, etc was a big job. Most if not all the problems have been solved. Over the next month or so, our clients will see many improvements and we are sorry to those who experienced problems.

First, the other providers here are not your competition (maybe you compete against them in your mind, but I can assure you with absolute certainty that no one here competes against you). Some of them like @miTgiB have been involved in the web hosting industry for longer than you have been alive and operate businesses with a solid reputation and a long and proven track record. Picking on @Nick_A and accusing him of overselling while trying to bully an entire community is a poor attempt to deflect attention away from your own problems. He wasn't the only provider that you have insulted, but because he stands out trough his product line and good reputation you have made a target out of him and the first thing that went trough your mind and came out of your fingers was:

@ChrisK said: I can't wait for our new SSD VPS, not only 1/2 price of Ramnode's KVM they are 2x the disk i/o speed and run on E5-1620's!

This is a poor attempt to one-up one of the top providers here while your own servers are still down. The fact that your only strategy to compete in the web hosting business is to offer everything at lower prices than anyone else doesn't only show that you have made a target out of this community, but also that you are an inexperienced businessman. If your only strategy is price-cutting then I am sorry to tell you, but you will be at some point out of business, sooner rather than later. Have you never heard of the saying: "If You Live By Price, You'll Die By Price" ?
    I believe that your family doesn't really know what you are up to, and maybe someone should pick up the phone or write an email to your father to let him know that you are wasting his money - literally wasting it in an attempt to play "cheap hosting provider". I thought that the goal of any business was to make money. Who knows, maybe he will stumble upon this thread and see for himself what you have been up to.
    Also the majority of comments where not posted by "the competition", but by disgruntled customers and outside observers. Looking over the comments I have seen that many of your customers have actually demonstrated great patience with you, many of them waiting for over 20 days for you to bring your servers back online. You are really lucky that you have / had such patient and understanding customers... wow.

Then you had to write this:

Of the thousands of clients at Avante, a very small group are making the most noise, egged on by other hosting sites.

I am sorry that you think of your customers that way. I have not seen a single hosting provider here that posted anything on his website about Avante Hosting, good or bad. But now that you mentioned it, I guess that we could help you out by tweeting and re-tweeting it a couple of times. Since that portion of your comment is only 117 characters long (spaces included) it will fit nicely inside a tweet. And again, since many of us are in the United States or have servers located in the United States, under US law something that is true (like a comment for example) and is reproduced in the media or on the Internet is not considered slander or libel. Welcome to America, The Land of The Free and The Home of The Brave!

@ChrisK I can tell you that I might have had a rough start in this community, but there are some awesome people here, and instead of walking over everyone in your attempt to prove your superiority you could have asked for help or guidance here, and I'm pretty sure that you would have been helped. Two things are obvious: one, you don't know exactly what you are doing, and two, you are definitively lying to your family and to your customers about what you are really doing.

The community here, the providers that you have insulted here, but most of all your customers deserve a heart felt apology at the very least. Since @Chief has banned you I guess you could post it in another public place, like your website for example. Please be mature about it. I hope that you change and adjust your attitude for the good of your hosting business, because first and foremost you have an obligation to your own customers.

After some searching I have found where they supposedly operate out of (just a joke I presume):

Avante Hosting HQ

Looks like it's got air conditioning for the server room and a propane tank for the backup generator. I guess that this is what angry customers will do when there is nothing else that they can do...

• Holy lol's. +Thanked

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

After watching four seasons of Shark Tank on Hulu, I would gladly walk in there, present my business idea to the sharks, and do a deal for 50% of my company. I mean when someone risks 100% of their money for 50% of your company then it's just fair game that they get half. If you guys read about a dozen comments (or more) back you will see very quickly what I mean...