Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• @juan As per the latest post of @ChrisK on LEB he assures that "VPS refunds have been made and will continue to be honoured to anyone requesting it."

I asked again for it a week ago but the ticket still is "In Progress" since then. :(

• @luxor
    It appears you cannot send a Paypal refund after 60 day. I tried to refund your $6 but I am unable to do so. Please PM me your Paypal email and I will gladly send your money back.

• @ChrisK I don't want a refund but can't you at least put my VPS back online, It's been offline for not sure how many months now and no one in support is replying!!

• @LAKid said: their vps has been down for a month.

their vps has been down for MANY months, and no reply.
    Is it still alive?

• @huluwa said: their vps has been down for MANY months, and no reply.

Is it still alive?

I can still access solusvm even thought it's extremely slow, but for some reason I'm not able to put the VPS online.. it will even allow you to reinstall the OS but the VPS is always offline!!

• Beating dead horse. How wonderful. At least they didn't dead pool and I hope they will another ipxcore stunt :)

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited December 2012

Unfortunately, technical issues and abusers have effected a few of our low end VPS servers over the past few months. We apologize to those who have been affected. The amount of time and energy we spend on VPS tickets for little revenue is disproportionate to our other divisions which operate relatively trouble free. Consequently, we have made the business decision to discontinue this low end program but will offer enhanced VPS in the near future. Refunds have and will continue to be honoured. Please send me an email if you are having problems, thanks

• @ChrisK said: spend

*sent

@ChrisK, some people expect so much support for so little money ;-)

• @ChrisK said: we have made the business decision to discontinue this low end program

Voluntary deadpool

• @miTgiB said: Voluntary deadpool

Clearly a result of his "superior infrastructure"

• @ChrisK said: Unfortunately, technical issues and abusers have effected a few of our low end VPS servers over the past few months. We apologize to those who have been affected. The amount of time and energy we spend on VPS tickets for little revenue is disproportionate to our other divisions which operate relatively trouble free. Consequently, we have made the business decision to discontinue this low end program but will offer enhanced VPS in the near future. Refunds have and will continue to be honoured. Please send me an email if you are having problems, thanks

Just make sure you are ready to match high end clientele with high end service. Weeks of downtime will not be tolerated and could be a nail in the coffin.

Genuinely wishing you the best of luck

• Thanks for the encouragement. I admit we've had our share of problems and made mistakes but i cannot understand why posters on LET become so vindictive. Dont you find it strange someone who has paid 3 bucks ends up posting nasty comments 20 - 30 times? These people need to get a life, get your money back and move on. Would they complain online about Walmart if they we unhappy with a $3 item?

• @ChrisK said: Thanks for the encouragement. I admit we've had our share of problems and made mistakes but i cannot understand why posters on LET become so vindictive. Dont you find it strange someone who has paid 3 bucks ends up posting nasty comments 20 - 30 times? These people need to get a life, get your money back and move on. Would they complain online about Walmart if they we unhappy with a $3 item?

Sad nature of this "community"

• ajitajit Member
    edited December 2012

@ChrisK Can I get my money back? I had a 6 month service and has been down for months now. This is the first comment I have made about the poor service except in the unanswered support tickets.

It is hardly a surprise that you got responses that you do not like. What else did you expect for such a shoddy service?

I have $12/year VPS with Edis and I have nothing but great things to say about them. It is not about money. It is about what you promised and what you delivered. It is important that your customers do not feel neglected or cheated.

• WunderbarWunderbar Member
    edited December 2012

@ChrisK said: Dont you find it strange someone who has paid 3 bucks ends up posting nasty comments 20 - 30 times? These people need to get a life, get your money back and move on.

You can set the price on your services. No matter if the price is high or low, you should deliver the service as advertised. A lot of providers seem to be able to do it just fine, maybe you can't but that's not our problem. This particular community is geared towards the lower end market (hence the name), you shouldn't be here if you don't want us as clients.

Would they complain online about Walmart if they we unhappy with a $3 item?

If they're condoms and they all fail, yes, yes I will.

• @ChrisK said: Would they complain online about Walmart if they we unhappy with a $3 item?

No, because WalMart will refund your money, something that seems to be a task here.

@ChrisK said: i cannot understand why posters on LET become so vindictive.

Most has to do with your holier than thou attitude. Please don't claim I am jealous, you are the one that left the market unable to provide what you sold.

• Thanks for your comment. For the record, when we first started low end VPS, it went quite well until we started to attract the attention from a number of abusers, DDOS attacks and technical issues. We were a victim of our own success. This should have been our signal to scale back, correct the problems or abandon the sector. I regret we didn't move quickly enough.

I disagree with your view we should not be surprised at the responses. Many of them are abusive, repeatedly posted by the same individuals, in one case over 20 times. As posted by someone earlier, it is the sad nature of this community.

We have and will continue to honour any refunds requested. Any allegations we do not is simply not true. The amounts are tiny. Low end VPS represents less than 2% of our business and really didn't work for us. Future VPS sales will be geared towards the mid-tier market. .

• WOW! Can't believe I actually sat here on Christmas night and read this whole thread.

@ChrisK at the beginning, you were indeed pretty disrespectful towards both your clients, contributors and other providers and while I do not agree with your attitude, however, being a provider myself, I can understand what you have been going through and the great thing is, you actually made through the disaster unlike others who might have called quit after what happened. It also looks like you have toned down a lot and actually trying to help and for this reason, Kudos to you, my young padawan.

To Avante's clients, since Avante hosting is actually alive and you can still contact them, don't you think that right now, it would be better if you use their support protocol and come up with a resolution instead of beating dead horse?

To others (including me) who were not affected by this Avante situation, I think and it is my personal opinion that, we should forget the stormy past and look towards a nice sunny day :). Atleast this guy is trying to clean up the mess and that is a great professional attitude, don't you think so :).

Any way, Merry Christmas to everyone and may Santa bring a nice happy future for Avante hosting and its clients.

• @NHRoel U high bro?

• @Jeffrey Pardon?

• He is trying to suggest you are abusing drugs since you came to your own conclusion and not the easily available "community" position/conclusion/shoe to kick the dead horse

• @bamn

@NHRoel said: I think and it is my personal opinion that, we should forget the stormy past and look towards a nice sunny day :)

• @NHRoel What's the point? lol. We've already given @ChrisK many chances as a community. There's no point really when his reputation is already ruined.

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

@Jeffrey I was talking about beating dead horse not giving him another chance to comeback here (and from his recent comments, he doesn't intend to anyway). I guess my post got misrepresented. This is completely my personal opinion and nothing above or beyond that :)

• @Jeffrey said: We've already given @ChrisK many chances as a community. There's no point really when his reputation is already ruined.

Best of luck to your OVH project and when it goes down in flames, like we've all said, the pitch forks and torches will be directed at you. You better have Plan B - Z for everything you do

• ajitajit Member
    edited December 2012

@ChrisK Not true? Could you take a look at tickets #373287 (Sept 3, Closed) and #796260 (Oct 26, On Hold).

First one was a request for cancellation and refund. It was denied since the request date was out of refund period. The second is about the non-functional VPS and with a history of failed promises.

I did not want to be a part of your public criticism. But your responses still show disdain for your paying customers and forced me to http://xkcd.com/386/.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@Jeffrey Currently on his network, it's not bad, haven't had a single minute of trouble within the last month. At least, his dedicated server line...

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

@Jeffrey said: @NHRoel What's the point? lol. We've already given @ChrisK many chances as a community. There's no point really when his reputation is already ruined.

He may have gone through a lot of issues but he's trying to get them resolved, he has his own servers, ip assignment asn. Do you have that? That's more then double digit investment in the business. Yours only a few hundred, it's hard when you grow as @ChrisK mentioned his high level of growth rate the some unfriendly people will take a chance and abuse the services.

• We have and will continue to honour any refunds requested. Any allegations we do not is simply not true.

Yeah, right @ChrisK. So add insults to the injury, how nice of you. :(

I asked for a refund over two months ago after a month of downtime. Asked again more than a week ago. :(

Since then you keep the ticket "In Progress", and instead of replying to it and honoring your word claim here that you need the PayPal address sent by email, which you already had. Anyway I sent you an email with my vps id and PayPal email as requested here.

I don't understand why still hadn't a refund and no reply to the ticket but you keep posting excuses here. :(

I would have loved to keep a working VPS with that configuration with you and I'll be glad to tell when I get the refund if I get it, but at least please stop insulting your customers. :(

• @bamn So true. GHS is backed up by multiple funds, won't be happening anytime soon.