Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap dedicated server in US - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap dedicated server in US

Comments

• @nadz - 50/50 chance

Thanked by 1gtech
  • been going back and forth about getting one for the past few days myself. are these still available?

• @Brokentaill said:
    been going back and forth about getting one for the past few days myself. are these still available?

Just checked, appears the coupon is still working. I'd grab it quickly, it was supposed to end at the end of the month.

Thanked by 1Brokentaill
  • @Brokentaill - The link says there are 46 units still available.

Thanked by 1Brokentaill
  • awesome thanks guys. picked one up.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

seems the route from China Unicom is always use XO in the mostly time, it's too bad, occasionally switch to TWTELECOM, if use TWTELECOM in mostly time, I will order one :(

• @hotsnow - email me directly with the two traceroutes. My email is on my profile here.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited May 2015

@Nekki said:
    I've got the E5420 too.

@joodle said:
    Well.. This is not what we signed up for....

I got an E5450 during my upgrade from the X5150->L5420, no complaints here :)

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-E5450-vs-Intel-Xeon-E5420

Think it's a bit of a mixed bag thing, you'll get something around the L5420's performance.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • BruceBruce Member

why is it that the complete server is $20/25 and a 2TB drive costs $30 ? loss leader?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - email me directly with the two traceroutes. My email is on my profile here.

Mail pushed. I think XO is bad either.

• Bruce said: why is it that the complete server is $20/25 and a 2TB drive costs $30 ? loss leader?

As we already own the servers, the cost for the system is $0. The cost is the new disk.

• I think they mean Athon II x4 640 and its not a good deal.

Athlon II x4 640 = Passmark 3349

Only 4GB RAM

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

MarkTurner said: As we already own the servers, the cost for the system is $0. The cost is the new disk.

a new disk costs $30/month? O.o

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - email me directly with the two traceroutes. My email is on my profile here.

XIAOSpider97 said:
    Mail pushed. I think XO is bad either.

unfortunately, it's very hard to caught the route which using TWTELCOM now, I have tested many locations which use China Unicom in different China cities, they are always using XO :(

@MarkTurner if you still need the XO routes, please let me know, I'll sent you.

I wish @XIAOSpider97 have already got the route which using TWTELCOM?

• @4n0nx - 2TB costs about $150. 2TB is $20/month I think.

• @XIAOSpider97 - Take a look at those routes again in 10-15 minutes. Waiting for the change to propagate at the moment. I have made some tweaks to hopefully bring CT/CU traffic to Atlanta into LA rather than transit to Atlanta.

• hotsnow said: unfortunately, it's very hard to caught the route which using TWTELCOM now

I am happy to tweak this route but need you to recheck the route in 10-15 mins.

• @hotsnow said:
    I wish XIAOSpider97 have already got the route which using TWTELCOM?

Just tested 2 mins ago, this time to me is twtelecom.
    May change... I will test per hour.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    I am happy to tweak this route but need you to recheck the route in 10-15 mins.

40 minutes past, I didn't see any route change, perhaps need more time? I'll continue test it, thanks :p

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    Just tested 2 mins ago, this time to me is twtelecom. May change... I will test per hour.

are u using CU or CT? :p

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited May 2015

@hotsnow - PM me your IP address in China. Also send me a traceroute

• @MarkTurner said:
    XIAOSpider97 - Take a look at those routes again in 10-15 minutes. Waiting for the change to propagate at the moment. I have made some tweaks to hopefully bring CT/CU traffic to Atlanta into LA rather than transit to Atlanta.

Now CU is twtelecom, I will test again next hr.

I see you have Cogent, XO and twtelecom, these 3 routes.

For CT, Cogent is better than XO (twtelecom does not peer CT)

• @hotsnow said:

I have CT broadband and CU Sim card, so I can test both of them.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

my location are still using the XO, and I have also tested all the China Unicom locations here http://www.webkaka.com/Tracert.aspx, all are still using XO :(

• @hotsnow - Webkaka doesn't seem to be working from my IP.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - Webkaka doesn't seem to be working from my IP.

it's a china website, only have chinese language :p

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

MarkTurner said: 2TB costs about $150.

more like $80..

• @TarZZ92 - Amazon seems to think WD20NPVX is between $128-148 right now. So my guestimate was a lot closer than yours. But if you can get them for $80 then please post a link, if its a legitimate supplier then we maybe able to drive done those costs.

• @hotsnow said:
    my location are still using the XO, and I have also tested all the China Unicom locations here http://www.webkaka.com/Tracert.aspx, all are still using XO :(

You can use ipip.net, which has more accuracy on IPs' physical locations.

I just have LTE on CU so the PING to my phone's external IP is banned, I tracerouted my 1st outgoing hop (61.182.174.9) and it routes TWtelecom.

I just finished the email with MarkTurner, they are now working on and will contact me soon.