Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap dedicated server in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap dedicated server in US

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cheap dedicated server in US, the usage is just for testing my backup application.

Specs:

CPU: not Atom

RAM: at least 4GB

HDD: 500GB HDD

Network: 5TB bandwidth @ 1Gbps

IP: 2 IPv4 and /64 IPv6 should be great

Price: 20$/m (not DeliPrice please)

Thanks.

Comments

• VolumeDrive or delimiter may be able to help you.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Here you go:

Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

Prices based on quarterly, discounts are recurring.

Thanked by 1getvps
  • Well I want to pay 20$/m, not 60$/quarter

• @comXyz said:
    Well I want to pay 20$/m, not 60$/quarter

Same here, would buy it instantly if it wasn't quarterly.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @joodle said:
    Same here, would buy it instantly if it wasn't quarterly.

You fear delimiter is going to go down and you'll lose part of the amount? :p

• @deadbeef said:
    You fear delimiter is going to go down and you'll lose part of the amount? :p

No, i just don't like paying quarterly :P

• @comXyz - you can order it month-to-month for $30, there are a few other systems on WHT that are discounted heavily for monthly.

• @MarkTurner that's why I said not DeliPrice please.

I don't know if you guys are going charge the price advertised monthly in actually quarterly or yearly, or ...

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited April 2015

The pricing is simple:

$200/year = $16.66/month

$60/quarter = $20/month

$30/month = $30/month :)

As you can see paying annually drops price by almost 50%

• @MarkTurner I don't know if you don't understand the difference between 60$/quarter and 20$/month, or you just ignore the difference?

If you say it's equal to each other, then I will pay you 20$/month monthly OK?

Or I just pay you 16.66$/month, and we sign a contract I will keep the service at least one year?

I'm sure if I can understand your DeliLogic or not.

• @comXyz

It's very common practice: longer pre-paid commitment -> less total cost.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • There are three payment options, you can choose the level of commitment you want to make and see next to it the comparison price.

The reason Delimiter makes its pricing expressed as monthly rates is so that you can compare the difference between them without having to get your calculator out. Most customers order quarterly or annually because they want the saving, they stick it on their credit card.

If you only have $20 to spend then there is nothing Delimiter can offer you other than an Atom server which won't be suitable for your needs.

Maybe OVH/Online/Hetzner would be within your budget.

• @deadbeef said:
    comXyz

It's very common practice: longer pre-paid commitment -> less total cost.

Yes I know, if someone says "60$/quarter", and "30$/moth", I'm sure I will understand correctly.

But someone wants 60$/quarter, and usually only shows to other people 20$/month, then I not sure I'll understand.

• @comXyz

Ah, I see, you mean on his sig. Yes, doesn't say quarterly there. He did mention it in his offer post to you though.

• @deadbeef said:
    comXyz

Ah, I see, you mean on his sig. Yes, doesn't say quarterly there. He did mention it in his offer post to you though.

That's also out of my logic, sorry.

Something like 20$/month quarterly or 1$/day quarterly does not exists for me.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@comXyz how long will you keep the server ? if you need it for $20/mo ?

• @BharatB it's based on how it performs. If it's good and I can get more IP addresses later, I may keep it for years.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@comXyz said:
    BharatB it's based on how it performs. If it's good and I can get more IP addresses later, I may keep it for years.

Depends on what you're gonna use it for I can go on a contract with mark and get the server for 16.66/mo and sell the same to you for 20/mo but there is the risk of loss with you being unsure....

• @BharatB said:

Then each time I need to reinstall / hard reboot, I need to contact you? Can you confirm that I can do it myself? An remember I need 2 IP addresses.

If everything is OK, we will get a contract then.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BharatB Why would you do that, it is really worth the trouble and risk for less than $4 a month?

• @comXyz Processor: 2 x Intel Xeon 5150; RAM: 8 GB DDR3; Hard Disk 1: 500 GB SATA II; Monthly Bandwidth: 20 TB; Dedicated IPv4 Address: 5 IPv4 (/29); just at #39/month. https://www.temok.com/special-deals.htm
    Set up fee would be waived off and IPv6 could be provided. If you don't want to compromise over quality then let me know if you are interested.

• @johnfinch sorry it's out of my budget. And somehow I'm scared of "John"...

Thanked by 1johnfinch
  • @comXyz lol. with due respect you don't need to be scared. atleast dont scare of Temok.com you'll find quality there. well, no worries, I hope we'll seal it next time. I am glad you responded.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@comXyz You're right to be scared of the spambot.

• @Nekki said:
    comXyz You're right to be scared of the spambot.

Spambot? I'm not sure who is spambot Nekki

• This is the craziest deal to date but there is a catch - the coupon is good until Midnight PST and whilst there is stock. There are 40 units available there right now.

• 2 x Quad L5420 Xeon
    • 8GB RAM
    • 500GB Disk
    • 1 IPv4
    • Gigabit port
    • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
    • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
    • 5TB Bandwidth
    • OS: Centos, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, etc
    • Unmanaged

$20/month paid monthly

Coupon 2Z9KX4KD8G

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=160

• @MarkTurner Is it 8GB or 16GB? On the order page it says 16GB RAM.

• Its definitely 8GB only

• @MarkTurner said:
    Its definitely 8GB only

I want to believe the order page.