Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH relaunching... again? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH relaunching... again?

Comments

• @JoeMerit said:
    XFS_Duke : why do you care what money he owes to CC & HVH ? What does that have to do with you...

Doesn't. I saw this as an opportunity to make some money off the situation. But have no fear JoeMerit. I won't be doing any dealings with him. Too much bullshit from you guys lol.

• XFS_Duke said: Doesn't. I saw this as an opportunity to make some money off the situation. But have no fear JoeMerit. I won't be doing any dealings with him. Too much bullshit from you guys lol.

So why you keep coming to LET ?

• @namhuy said:

Same reason you do I guess...

• XFS_Duke said: I saw this as an opportunity to make some money off the situation.

How are you making money off this?

• AmitzAmitz Member

@XFS_Duke said:
    Same reason you do I guess...

Watching the GVH/XFuse drama?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    How are you making money off this?

Because I am a better business man than Jonny?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2015

XFS_Duke said: Because I am a better business man than Jonny?

I'm sorry, i still don't get it. Why does "better business man" make you profit off Jon selling cheap servers to pay back his CC debt?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    Which option would you guys take? I rather see him gone completely. I cannot make that happen until I have better leverage. I can keep him out of vps and dedi sales sure, but is that really enough? Why doesn't the kid get a chance to learn better and proper ways of pricing?

Maybe you just weren't really here to see his past. He repeatedly screws people over and then writes heart felt apologies. No one wants to see you be the next sucker, but this made you out to be just that. Run far, run fast. You took his bad assets. Cut the cord and run with it. You no longer need anything from GVH. Don't hitch your wagon to this guy in any way, it will bite you financially later.

• Oh, maybe we missed that point. There weren't gonna be any cheap servers. The servers were going to be sold at a profit by XFuse to GVH and treated GVH as any other customer. GVH didn't pay, GVH would get cut off. Simple. I'd profit off of it because I'd sell the servers to him for a profit that I'd be comfortable with. Likely 30% markup or higher. Lol

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    Either way, nothing shady going on. Just trying to legitimize or kill GVH as a whole. Can't kill something you can't control, right?

So now you've at least explained a bit about the deal. I think it concerns all those who were affected by GVH.

Instead of worrying with the money he owes, tell him to get a real job / part-time and pay it in full, in a legit way. This is his 10th opportunity and he hasn't learned. First topic in WHT, unlimited SSD shared hosting - what? Seriously?

He didn't learn anything at all. If you took his clients, then move on and do not be his associate. Your name is in the WHT post as well, in case you haven't noticed it.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

• Jonny hasn't learned anything and professors are about to give up trying to teach him;
    • Duke is still trying to help him, no matter how and why but when he posted in LET, he says "screw GVH", or even, "**** GVH";
    • Jonny needs a new friend to go on vacations, as he has been working really hard to ensure a good service to his clients.

I'm glad Jonny has been banned again. I'll definitely report him in WHT as well.

• BruceBruce Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    I'm sorry, i still don't get it. Why does "better business man" make you profit off Jon selling cheap servers to pay back his CC debt?

is jonny reselling Xfuse services, using the GVH name? if so, that's how Duke will make money. and infact that might be good for all. jonny gets customers, duke delivers the service (hopefully good), all make money including CC.

• @Jar said:
    Maybe you just weren't really here to see his past. He repeatedly screws people over and then writes heart felt apologies. No one wants to see you be the next sucker, but this made you out to be just that. Run far, run fast. You took his bad assets. Cut the cord and run with it. You no longer need anything from GVH.

You're right. I wasn't here for a lot of it, especially after my wreck. I missed the suicide stuff. Just really started talking to him when I got back.

Thanked by 1jar

@XFS_Duke said:
    You're right. I wasn't here for a lot of it, especially after my wreck. I missed the suicide stuff. Just really started talking to him when I got back.

Take Jar's advice and run away. Get Jonny to delete your name and references from the WHT post. :)

• @Bruce said:
    is jonny reselling Xfuse services, using the GVH name? if so, that's how Duke will make money. and infact that might be good for all. jonny gets customers, duke delivers the service (hopefully good), all make money including CC.

That was the plan. I just refuse to deal with the crap because of it now.

• XFS_Duke said: The servers were going to be sold at a profit by XFuse to GVH and treated GVH as any other customer.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Although i guess in the long term it would have been better for you to cut off any ties to Jonny and have no involvement whatsoever

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:

You've never seen the pricing, so how can you draw this conclusion?

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited April 2015

Can anyone believe a word from anyone at XFUSE/GVH now?

Duke desperately backtracking in public now but whats going on in private?... making up new plans with his right-hand moneymaker Jon?

Thanked by 3J1021 Linkking Infinity
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2015

mpkossen said: You've never seen the pricing, so how can you draw this conclusion?

What conclusion? I asked a question

Edit: Ah i realized you were talking about the "cheap GVH servers". Considering this "premium" offer it seems reasonable to assume that his "premium" VPS offers will look similar.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Duke desperately backtracking in public now but whats going on in private?... making up new plans with his right-hand moneymaker Jon?

Hmm right-hand moneyloser is more realistic.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

XFS_Duke said: Too much bullshit from you guys lol.

That only became obvious now? haha

• gsrdgrdghd said: Edit: Ah i realized you were talking about the "cheap GVH servers". Considering this "premium" offer it seems reasonable to assume that his "premium" VPS offers will look similar.

In addition it doesn't make any sense for Jon to offer "premium" servers. Noone with half a brain would pay Jonny for premium servers. Noone

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@XFS_Duke your narrative really makes no sense. You say

XFS_Duke said: I rather see him gone completely.

This is logical. But the rest is not.

XFS_Duke said: I can keep him out of vps and dedi sales sure, but is that really enough?

Well, yes. Why isn't that your goal? Didn't you sign an agreement to buy his customers and VPS/dedi business? Now you're going back and helping him start a new/rehashed VPS/dedi business, providing advice, providing resale services, etc. It just makes zero sense business-wise.

Why do you care if Jonny succeeds in the hosting business? Is he your long lost brother or something!?

XFS_Duke said: Why doesn't the kid get a chance to learn better and proper ways of pricing?

Why do you care? When Office Depot bought Staples they didn't sit down and find a way for Staples to get back into the office supply game so they could learn from their mistakes.

Unless you've found a way to monetize LET drama, the purpose of this is just nonsensical.

• mpkossen said: You've never seen the pricing, so how can you draw this conclusion?

I had before he decided to veer from spec and implicitly reject my offered help. The pricing is definitely profitable.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

raindog308 said: When Office Depot bought Staples

Other way around. Staples is buying Office Depot (not completed yet).

http://news.officedepot.com/press-release/corporatefinancial-news/staples-inc-announces-acquisition-office-depot-inc

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • gsrdgrdghd said: Edit: Ah i realized you were talking about the "cheap GVH servers". Considering this "premium" offer it seems reasonable to assume that his "premium" VPS offers will look similar.

Yet we don't know that. Sure, there's a fair chance, but since we don't know for sure we can't draw any conclusions yet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Jonny getting back into selling VPS and I'm sure it will mean trouble (given how little he learned the past year or so). However, for the parties involved it does seem lucrative.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    In addition it doesn't make any sense for Jon to offer "premium" servers. Noone with half a brain would pay Jonny for premium servers. Noone

Of course. That's why he hasn't learned. He probably doesn't know how to set up a Xen node and manage it, so "premium" is just one big giant hoax. If you need a dirt-cheap crap server that doesn't work half the time for a good price, you go to Jonny.

I still don't know the status of my three GVH servers nor the future of them. Two are free ones and I haven't gotten any notice at all about any of the changes and what's going to happen or not. So, I'm practically paying for one server I simply cannot use because of zero communication.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@mpkossen said:
    I still don't know the status of my three GVH servers nor the future of them. Two are free ones and I haven't gotten any notice at all about any of the changes and what's going to happen or not. So, I'm practically paying for one server I simply cannot use because of zero communication.

Were the VPS already moved to XFuse, though? I presume Duke can help you right away.

• @MrGeneral said:
    Were the VPS already moved to XFuse, though? I presume Duke can help you right away.

They were and Duke is most helpful. I didn't get any official notifications, though, and I honestly don't know the status of everything. I'll ask him, sure, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here :-)

@mpkossen said:
    They were and Duke is most helpful. I didn't get any official notifications, though, and I honestly don't know the status of everything. I'll ask him, sure, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here :-)

Sure thing, I got your point, just went offtopic since I was assuming that your VPS were already migrated and online, as Duke took care of it. :)

• @comXyz said:

apparently not.. XFS_Duke thinks that Jon can make money for him.. so Duke knows something we don't.. because we all think that Jon loses money.

• J1021J1021 Member

XFS_Duke said: Jonny owes a lot of money to CC and HVH for his past stupidity.

How old is Jonny? Can school kids in the US be legally held to debt?