Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH relaunching... again? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH relaunching... again?

Comments

• just need some commentary from @XFS_Duke

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Why the hell was there no none compete?

• sinsin Member

I thought the XFuse guy promised that Jon would have absolutely nothing to do with the company ever again yet that press release lists Jon right on there.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@XFS_Duke

WTF is going on then?

• @DalComp said:
    Jonny: Sorry but PayPal doesn't facilitate refunds past 90 days (or 180 days now?) trollface

That's why I don't pay invoice in the first place :troll

• LeeLee Veteran

@kcaj said:
    Jonny hasn't wormed his way back in by himself. The community administration have allowed it.

That was my point, if it was not clear.

• BruceBruce Member

@AnthonySmith said:

WTF is going on then?

refer to earlier comment about Lie #2 :)

• akzakz Member

If they didnt learn the first time, shame on the people who are going to buy from them again.

• vedranvedran Veteran

So, are we sure XFS_Duke isn't Johnny? Wouldn't be the first time ...

• @vedran said:
    So, are we sure XFS_Duke isn't Johnny? Wouldn't be the first time ...

No. Unless he faked the images of himself and his family during the fundraiser.

• AnthonySmith said: Why the hell was there no none compete?

There was. Past tense.

• Seeing the prices and promotions GVH has had, the only relaunch-worthy promotion I can imagine is a coupon offering people to get paid to order their products. Jon, I'm sure it'd be a great success!

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Does this thread worth a big or a small pack of popcorns?

• @time4vps said:
    Does this thread worth a big or a small pack of popcorns?

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • Thanked by 1Amitz
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@Lee said:
    So from his most recent ad on WHT, tell me nuggets, what exactly have you learnt?

SSD-SH1 - $9.99/year OR $11.76/2 years ($0.49/month!)
    UNLIMITED GB RAID10 SSD Disk Space
    UNLIMITED GB Monthly Bandwidth
    1 Hosted Domain
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited mySQL Databases
    Free SSL Certificate
    1 Year Money Back Guarantee

If you are unsatisfied with our hosting services for ANY reason at all, you can ask for 100% of your money back within 365 days (1 YEAR) of your purchase date. Unless we have reasonable suspicion that you may have violated our Terms of Service, we will NOT ask any questions and will assume that we did not perform up to your standards. You will then be refunded in FULL via your original payment method that you paid with.

Agreed, Lee.

TBH I think this is the right time to ban @jnguyen.

His last offer in WHT:

"US/UK/SG $0.49 per MONTH RECURRING GETS YOU UNLIMITED SSD SPACE+UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH!"

He didn't learn anything at all. I hope he leaves LET, I'm tired of his IMMEDIATE RELEASES and lots of people get hurt from his promisses. He's overselling once again. He's going to fail yet again. Bad publicity can be converted in good publicity and I'm sure that there'll be people from LET signing up for his services. It's not worth.

Duke isn't helping either, and I still find it really suspicious how he got GVH clients, and why, and with what funds, considering people were donating to him a few months ago. Don't take it personally, Duke, but there's something shady over there as well. You don't seem thankful enough and are now acquiring companies with no full transparency about the deal.

• jnguyen said: @mpkossen I am willing to accept a ban from this community if you and/or the LET moderators / administration feels that it is necessary to maintain order here.

+1

• Everytime I saw thread about GVH, I just consider it as a "Free" advertisement.

Thanked by 3Nick_A jamson netomx
  • ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

i see GVH threads as a get together and have a goof face on... enough

• Can someone just tell him to fuck off. Not from LET but from the internet

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • DeanDean Member

Colour me confused. I thought GVH sold the VPS section of the company off to XFuse and promised to only sell web hosting in the future. It's why nuggets was unbanned. Didn't Duke get him to sign a non-compete? Or is Nuggets now working with Duke? If so the ban should go back in place and shouldn't the new company also be banned? I'm sure other companies tried similar and got banned?

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep
  • How long before a new GVH offer is posted on LEB?

• This was always on the cards, its not something new.

GVH offloaded their clients to XFuse, so that GVH can start again without the legacy clients.

Thanked by 2TheCTS netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

Made my day.

Thanked by 2raindog308 netomx
  • looks to me like nothing even happened and that maybe Duke just got hired to be part of GVH or maybe he was all along.

• MattKCMattKC Member
    edited April 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    This was always on the cards, its not something new.

GVH offloaded their clients to XFuse, so that GVH can start again without the legacy clients.

Duke claimed he made Jonny's parents (since he cannot legally enter contract due to being underage) sign a non compete against all vps & dedicated product lines for 1 year. Gvh was allowed to sell products outside that range. So either:

1) Duke lied (which given the multiple issues presented since he "took over" wouldn't suprise me.
    2) Jonny is violating the non-compete (doubtful given the xfuse/Duke representations in the announcement.
    3) Jonny & parents never signed the non-compete leaving him free to do whatever he wants.

Given the history of Duke and what has occured since the "sale" was announced, I'd say #1 is most likely. This whole "deal" stank from the very beginning and screamed "look at me" in classic Jonny style. It has been less than a week since Jonny's return here and public apology #4 since gvh started and we are already back to business as usual. He & anything relating to gvh need to be banned/censored across all sites (including Duke IF complicit in all this crap). Let Jon go back to hf and sell to the skids cc loves sooo much these days.

Duke is the big question mark for me. He seemed like a decent guy at the beginning of all this. Not sure what to think after all the issues that have come out since.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Duke isn't helping either, and I still find it really suspicious how he got GVH clients, and why, and with what funds, considering people were donating to him a few months ago. Don't take it personally, Duke, but there's something shady over there as well. You don't seem thankful enough and are now acquiring companies with no full transparency about the deal.

Transparency? The deal was made in private and most of it was discussed on here. I don't take anything on LET personally. People on here will talk as much as they can to make themselves look better. Jonny was banned again today. No one really will miss him. Lol. So since people want to talk, here we go.

Jonny owes a lot of money to CC and HVH for his past stupidity. I agreed that he could sell Xen and Dedis on a trial basis to help pay that back. Knowing that his past stupid would come back I made some stipulations that were being worked out. One was to stop posting stupid shit offers. Second was to eliminate the 1 Year Money Back Guarantee. Basically I'd work with him on pricing. He doesn't pay me, he gets suspended. Nothing michevious or anything like that. I know some of you want it to be shady and such but it isn't. I cannot effectively kill off GVH as a company unless I have grounds to. He has a few options here. First one is work with me and go legit with things as I'll be the all watching eye of sorts. Second one is go off on his own and continue his stupidity with Xen VPS only. Third is to go on with what he is doing and never learn anything.

Which option would you guys take? I rather see him gone completely. I cannot make that happen until I have better leverage. I can keep him out of vps and dedi sales sure, but is that really enough? Why doesn't the kid get a chance to learn better and proper ways of pricing?

This is the sad part about communities like this with people who think they know everything. They tend to talk and speculate and trash names without knowing the truth. Sad. But you guys say what you want and speculate to your hearts content. At the end of the day, I'll do what's best for myself, my business and my family. I likely have the only family owned company on LET. Ha...

Either way, nothing shady going on. Just trying to legitimize or kill GVH as a whole. Can't kill something you can't control, right?

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited April 2015

@XFS_Duke : why do you care what money he owes to CC & HVH ? What does that have to do with you...

Thanked by 2Lee Infinity
  • @MattKC said:
    Duke is the big question mark for me. He seemed like a decent guy at the beginning of all this. Not sure what to think after all the issues that have come out since.

I'm still that same person and no, I never lied about anything and no I do not work for GVH. Overall, fuck GVH and all its drama. I picked up the clients and servers from him. Why? To make money. I believe that is what a businesses does, right?

Read my above post, may shed some light.