Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evoburst discussion - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evoburst discussion

Comments

• @timnboys said:
    I am just going to chime in my 2 cents if he doesn't know how to stop ssh scans I would just use fail2ban that is what I use to prevent scans as it is a waste of time for me to sit through the logs blocking everyone that does it instead of fail2ban automatically doing it for you.

Changing SSH port to a random number. Maybe birthday, disable password login and enable SSH keys

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Changing SSH port to a random number. Maybe birthday, disable password login and enable SSH keys

Yes that is what I usually do if fail2ban doesn't stop the load

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • edited April 2015

@DewlanceVPS said:
    EvoStupidKid or EvoKid ;)

To be honest, in my opinion, you (as a provider, DewlanceVPS) calling another provider names without any valid proof makes you look like a "kid", rather than making the other provider look bad.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • J1021J1021 Member

YellowHummingbird said: To be honest, in my opinion, calling another provider names without any valid proof makes you look like a "kid", rather than making the other provider look bad.

He hasn't reached that age yet where his parents will teach him manners.

• Just as a follow on from my earlier post, I have had quite a change of heart on EvoBurst, after buying the server a little while ago, and more or less letting it just sit there, I have attempted to just install a simple monitoring system on to the server (to see what I could use it for and what the stability is like), and I can confidently say that I have never used such a slow server before... Not quite sure what to use it for, but it was quite the disappointment.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • ATHKATHK Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    Which was then Ignored for over 24 hours.

Apparently its a troll..

With a report saying bittorrent traffic through our servers on a VPN. In which the customer is then selling off to other users and not enforcing the same ruling as we do.

How can you assume that your client is selling VPN could they not be using it themselves?

So, for those that wish to know.. Customer Purchases VPS Server, Sets up VPN Server and sells it to other users, users get complaints. That go from provider to me, so forwarded to the Customer which holds privacy as a #1 Concern for customers. Thus cannot forward complaints to their own users which then leave things unsorted from a providers sense.

Assumption again.

So saying that we won't handle a simple dmca notice, is false as the customer cannot even forward it on to the customer that it is ment for.

Another assumption..

Thanked by 2Mark_R alexvolk
  • @ATHK - in the sense of privacy for the customer, i'm not going to say which VPN Company they are. but they are quite well known, and the server locations etc were added to their site. so not an assumption.

• ATHKATHK Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    ATHK - in the sense of privacy for the customer, i'm not going to say which VPN Company they are. but they are quite well known, and the server locations etc were added to their site. so not an assumption.

Okie dokie I wasn't aware that you knew what they're up to on their box.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @ATHK - Only after i recieved the notification did i check out their website which had our servers listed to it, and had a look at their TOS etc.

• ATHKATHK Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    ATHK - Only after i recieved the notification did i check out their website which had our servers listed to it, and had a look at their TOS etc.

All good, wasn't having a dig at you just wanted to know :)

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

@DewlanceVPS said: EvoStupidKid or EvoKid ;)

You are provider, you should then behave like all providers here. Be polite and respect others. And you should reconsider changing text on your webpage regarding autoboot(TM) thingy. Read it multiple times if you are not able to find nonsense inside.

• Hello,

Just giving my brief review of EvoBurst. I have 2 services with them (Budget and Mega). I only use both of them for my dev server. As other may said, for the price they offered and the performance I get, I can not complain more. Ryan also pretty flexible guy in regards of his promo offered, I ever asked for pretty a custom (upgraded) promo and he give me a good one.

Yes, there was some abuse on the server that make the performance really bad, but after submit a ticket, Ryan fix the issue and server back to pretty normal state. For virtualmin installation using Ubuntu 12.04 it was took around 45minutes before fix, but after the fix, it down only took around 14minutes. I know it's not a fast one... but I think it's still acceptable.

I'm not trying to judge anybody here.. just giving my honest brief review of this EvoBurst service.

Thank you.

• Their Seattle node:

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 98.0779 s, 10.9 MB/s

• Hmm, Evoburst NL Node:

root@nl3:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync 1024+0 records in 1024+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.92373 s, 558 MB/s

MegaVZ DUS Node:

root@mon3:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync 1024+0 records in 1024+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 17.8285 s, 60.2 MB/s

No problems here.

• Several days ago one of Evoburst's newer nodes was offline for a substantial time, exactly how long I don't know, but certainly more than 24 hours. The sign-up mail from Evoburst indicates that support is only provided via the Lowendspirit forum, so I posted a message about this in the support section.

It was silently deleted.

Shortly thereafter I received an email response acknowledging the problem and explaining the cause; users were given a month's credit (~€0.40) . OK, these things happen. No problem.

But I found it really lame that Evoburst deleted my report of the problem from their support forum. What kind of company deletes its customers' posts in this way?

• @cbrace - Downtime was less then 24 Hours. and updates were provided via the announcement system on WHMCS.

Our email templates for Evoburst.com products do not include anything with a link to Lowendspirit forum.

So, you obviously didn't look at the announcement area, nor actually try to put in a ticket to request an update.

The only VPS Servers that have LES forum listed in the welcome email, is the NAT IPv4 Products.

ie, The set location plans

Dear {$client_name},

PLEASE PRINT THIS MESSAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS - PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL.

We are pleased to tell you that the server you ordered has now been set up and is operational.

Server Details
    =============================

{$service_product_name}

Main IP: {$service_dedicated_ip}
    Username: {$service_username}
    Root pass: ********** (Selected at Signup)

ServerName: {$service_domain}

Control Panel Details
    SolusVM Control Panel: https://CP Address
    SolusVM Username: {$service_username}
    SolusVM Password: ********** (Same as Root Password)
    Note, If you already have a Account for with us Please use those Details.

SSH Access Information
    Main IP Address: {$service_dedicated_ip}
    Server Name: {$service_domain}
    Root Username: root
    Root Password: ********** (Selected at Signup)

You can access your server using a free simple SSH client program called Putty located at:
    http://www.securitytools.net/mirrors/putty/

Support
    For any support needs, please open a ticket at {$whmcs_url}

Please include any necessary information to provide you with faster service, such as root password, domain names, and a description of the problem / or assistance needed. This will speed up the support time by allowing our administrators to immediately begin diagnosing the problem.

{$signature}

and the Resource Bundles

Hi {$client_first_name}, 

Your EvoBurst Bundle is now ready to Use. 

Please login to your account at https://www.evobilling.com and check inside of your Active Services, and you will see your Bundle offer there, where you can create your Own Sized VPS Servers using your Allocated Resources at the touch of a Button. 

To Login to SolusVM please use the link on your VPS Control Panel @ evobilling.com. Click this once and then Refresh to Login Properly (yes, we will fix it) 

Currently no rDNS Features are Available, we expect this to be completed in the next Few days. 

Thankyou for your Purchase.

Best Regards,
    EvoBurst Solutions - Australia
    ABN: 91 471 009 196

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

Dear Frank,

PLEASE PRINT THIS MESSAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS - PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL - not doing so could cost you money or get your service terminated without warning.

If you have this email it means you have agreed to both our acceptable use policy and terms of service, a brief outline of what you have agreed to can be found at the bottom of this email, if you have failed to read any of the TOS/AUP or information below you understand by attempting to use this service regardless you are bound under these terms anyway.

The information in this email may seem concerning or off putting to some however please keep in mind the service is a friendly one but it does run as a none profit currently and as such any wasted time due to unwillingness to help yourself only hurts the long term ability to sustain this project.

We are pleased to tell you that the server you ordered has now been set up and is operational.

DO NOT ADD ANY OF THE ABOVE ADRESSES TO YOUR NETWORK CONFIG - if you are confused at this point please visit the forum and ask for advice: http://forum.lowendspirit.com

REVERSE Proxy Info

If you would like to take advantage of the reverse proxy please request this via the Support Ticket Service on Nanovz.com it will be completed within 24 hours 7 Days a week, and only if you have already pointed the A record in advance.

If you have one of these servers in more than 1 location please be sure to sepcify one or the other or both, and set up 2 A records with either the same TTL if you want round robin load balancing or set one of them to a lower TTL if you want it to be your fall back server.

Notice, We are working on a system to Automate Proxy Results. You will Recieve an Email when this is Completed.

Support

With this product only support method is via the forums at http://forum.lowendspirit.com

You are completely responsible for your own data and backups, in the event of a server failure or data loss your data will not be restored for you.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1) If you have set up a paypal subscription this is your responsibility to maintain, and over payments due to subscriptions cannot be refunded and will be held in credit.

2) Please ensure you have actually read the Terms of Service and Acceptable use policy it only takes 5 minutes.

3) You may NOT use your VPS for bulk mailing of any kind, please open a support ticket if you need clarity on this.

4) Your root password and server MUST be secure, e.g. password or pass123 is not secure, passwords should be strong as per the AUP, if you server is hacked due to a weak password or using insecure software your service WILL be terminated without any chance of a refund.

5) The processor cores are not dedicated to your server they are based on equal share, you may not have any processes running that require 24x7 use of more than 30% of 1 core equivilent e.g. running 2 processes at 20% use each would be considered 40% of 1 core.

6) If you have more than 1 service and any item on your account becomes overdue all of your services will be affected by suspension

7) This is a self managed service without support.

8) We will never access your VPS unless we have valid cause to do so, e.g. suspected port scanning, DOS, cracking, brute force attempts, excessive load or we get an Abuse notification from an external network.

9) If your resource use is deemed to be abusive then we may opt to login to your VPS and shut down the process causing the issue.

10) Your data is your responsibility, and this product does not qualify for free backup space, in the unlikely event of complete and total hardware failure your services will be recreated with the default OS template and your data will not be restored.

11) This product has a zero refund policy.

12) As per our terms your billing information must be 100% accurate failure to comply with this term may lead to service suspension or termination.

13) Your email address must be valid, if we get any none deliverable messages your account will be suspended.

14) we provide you with the means to cancel your service, please do not just let an invoice become so overdue that your service gets terminated, we retain your VPS offline and reserve resources in-case it was an oversight on your part, if you have no intention of renewing please cancel your service as these resources while retained are unavailable to other users and you will not be able to take any future service until and old outstanding balances have been paid.

And last of all, Thankyou for Choosing NanoVZ.com and/or MegaVZ.com - In Partnership with LowEndSpirit.com

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

cbrace said: Evoburst indicates that support is only provided via the Lowendspirit forum, so I posted a message about this in the support section.

It was silently deleted.

Could you PM me about this please, with your forum username, I have just checked the forum and can see no evidence of a deleted post but I might be missing something.

I would find it quite disappointing to think one of the mods deleted a post about this sort of thing without good reason and am happy to go deeper in to the logs.

Thanked by 1Nekki

cbrace said: But I found it really lame that Evoburst deleted my report of the problem from their support forum. What kind of company deletes its customers' posts in this way?

Just a quick update, it may actually be impossible for me to prove this one way or the other but now I believe I have tracked down who you are on the LES forum and have no reason to doubt what you are saying.

Can I just confirm this was actually an LES product and not one of EvoBursts products which have nothing to do with LES so the LES forum with not really be relevant any more then using the LES forum for RansomIT or Inception Hosting Support, maybe that is why it was deleted?

• cbrace said: Evoburst indicates that support is only provided via the Lowendspirit forum, so I posted a message about this in the support section. It was silently deleted.

They did that to me too

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@funyuns_are_awesome said:
    They did that to me too

Just to confirm, did you post a support question regarding Evoburst or what provider was it about ?

• @Bochi said:
    Let my throw in my few cents on those mostly whiny comments:
    I own two boxes in different locations and am quite happy about them, even considering to buy more.
    The thing is: Stop demanding superior and lightning-fast services when you pay as much for a whole year as for example with DO for just a month! Start seeing this cheap service as what it is, a cheap option for a testing platform and tiny webservices!
    So you might think about leaving AutoSnipe and joodle alone, because they are trying their best to provide us with this nice alternative in the VPS game of the big players.

I don't want superior and lightning-fast services for 7 dollars, my vps dosn't boot and I can't rebuild it, I can't use it at all, this is theft, or is too much to expect that it works? I opened three tickets and never got an answer in two weeks, I deleted the password on my password storage system and I will forget that service and I don't give a f... about 7 dollars but if I get 7 dollars from a person and doesn't give him nothing and I don't answer, that's a theft and nothing else. he does this thing because he is on the web but he was on the street he doesn't get my money, I > @mpkossen said:

I think a lot of people are being unfair here and it seems quite some unfounded allegations were made.

If you have a complaint about Evoburst's services, please include a ticket ID; at least then you give them a chance to help you. On top of that, it gives you some credibility (because without that ticket ID or any proof, you have zero!).

These services are provided at these prices because the market demands them. They serve a certain part of the market and if you fail to understand that, these services may not be for you.

I'd like to add that my BudgetVZ boxes have been running extremely stable and the VPN I have on one of them matches the speed/quality I get from RamNode while watching Netflix, at only a third of the cost. (That's an Atlanta BudgetVZ 128MB and an NYC RamNode 128MB CVZ).

Why do you pretend proof and we must believe your words? please post some proof.

• @ScienceOnline I already asked you several times if you have a ticket # for me, but still you did not provide anything.

ScienceOnline said: my vps dosn't boot and I can't rebuild it

Submit a ticket.

ScienceOnline said: I opened three tickets and never got an answer in two weeks

That's not how we deal with customers.

edited April 2015

funyuns_are_awesome said: They did that to me too

When was this and for what product?

Mods cant delete posts any more BTW..

• @ya_ said:
    Yes it is actually, personally, I've opened numerous tickets before I closed my account with your "company". It's disgraceful that after a myriad of complaints about your company you still accuse customers of lying about their experiences with you.

Ticket number please. Guys, provide some proof.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited May 2015

In fact, this VPS was one of the more reliable ones I've had.

Here's a screenshot:

As you can see, my 64MB box has stayed up for about 85 days.

Thanked by 1trewq

To be honest I can say first hand as I offer similar services and have for years now that this is probably a classic case of buyer remorse.

They probably did not bother reading what they were buying, ticked every box without reading anything thinking they could get some cheap resources to abuse, then when they get a reality check they lash out like spoiled upset children on forums and when asked for proof they go quiet.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

My only complaint about my NanoVZ is that damned ploop that eats up over 16% of the 1GB of disk space it comes with. While 1GB of disk space isn't much to begin with, it's even more painful when ~150MB of it goes to ploop. I mean with 1GB of disk space nobody is doing intensive IO and I highly doubt they are doing snapshots of the VPSs so simfs would have worked just fine for them unless they need to keep the inode count down which I doubt is a concern.

Ultimately I don't care either way because I bought the VPS just to run a single network test last month and have no use for it anymore but I figured since we are all complaining I would contribute something real to the conversation.

And for those who are talking about uptime/downtime, here's my NanoVZ 64MB VPS on their North Carolina location (I started it today and I'll keep the monitor going for a while for reference so people can compare it to their own monitoring): https://nodeping.com/reports/checks/mdhimw0n-odeo-4bsd-ak3d-qgc36pycrmkt

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

ya_ said: Yes it is actually, personally, I've opened numerous tickets before I closed my account with your "company". It's disgraceful that after a myriad of complaints about your company you still accuse customers of lying about their experiences with you.

Either proofs or you're a cheap lier.

• sleddogsleddog Member

FlamesRunner said: Here's a screenshot:

Odd that it shows "0 users" when you're logged in to it.