Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evoburst discussion - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evoburst discussion

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2015

@jvnadr said:
    This is a lie. They DO say clearly that they do not offer any uptime guarantee. Did you ever spend even a minute to read their TOS/AUP? It is very clear. let me throw it here for you:

As you could have read in my previous post i just quoted a part of your post and replied on that because i think that what you've wrote there is complete bullshit - if we all would think like that then we might aswel start dropping any quality standards we try to keep up and bend over while the providers take our money and give downtime in return. I never specifically aimed at any provider in particular it was just your logic that i could not leave unanswered so i dont see why you would bring up the Evoburst ToS towards me.

If you still dont get it then i kindly redirect you to my previous post and suggest that you read it with more attention

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1014513/#Comment_1014513

Thanked by 2Ndha alexvolk
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2015

Mark_R said: I never specifically aimed at any provider in particular it was just your logic that i could not leave unanswered so i dont see why you would bring up the Evoburst ToS towards me.

Well, given that this thread is entitled "Evoburst discussion", it wasn't unreasonable for @jvnadr to assume that Evoburst is what we're talking about, and granting this assumption, for jvnadr to mention Evoburst's ToS was indeed relevant.

Given the context, I don't think that jvnadr was saying that we should abandon all expectations about a service that we have paid for but merely that we should have realistic expectations about a low-end service that we haven't paid much for (again, Evoburst's ToS is relevant in this connection).

In any case, so far in this thread, we haven't seen what I would consider a justified complaint against Evoburst.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited April 2015

AnthonySmith said: I can tell you from personal experience as far as I am aware Ryan makes every effort, I have expressed my thoughts to a few LES style hosts in the past (Ryan included) that they actually need to do less for people and I am sure he can confirm I have said this to him more times than I have fingers.

Ryan has modified things for me that I wouldn't get away with at other LES providers. I monitor the service from multiple locations and the the uptime is stellar for a IPv4 NAT service. I am very happy with the service I receive from EvoBurst.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kcaj said: Ryan has modified things for me that I wouldn't get away with at other LES providers

Yep that sort of makes my point :) I think it is called a making a rod for your own back.

• ATHKATHK Member

All my boxes with LES are fine, never had to use the support forum, Anthony runs a great service, especially in SYD Australia (RansomIT).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I felt like noting that this thread made me sign up with Evoburst.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • J1021J1021 Member

AnthonySmith said: Yep that sort of makes my point :) I think it is called a making a rod for your own back.

Don't get me wrong, I know what LES is and what it does and doesn't offer. It works great for my needs, I was just trying my luck where I knew it would work. I had written out a longer more detailed post but something nasty hit the fan before I could post it.

• BruceBruce Member

what's the verdict on using LES to host a slave DNS cluster ? OK?

• J1021J1021 Member

Bruce said: what's the verdict on using LES to host a slave DNS cluster ? OK?

You won't be able to use port 53.

So it's a nay.

• BruceBruce Member

need dedicated IPv4, so not the €3/yr deals. but apart from that?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

I have a NanoVZ 256mb bundle. The service is far from perfect, but they are ok for a no SLA service. I will not renew, only because I expected too much, not because the service failed to provide what was promised. The expectations are my fault, not the providers. I think there are others here in that same boat. Evo does seem to be going in the right direction though, and the work that Ryan puts in does show in the improvements I have seen over the last few months.
    One should understand that at EVOBURST "Our services are Sold at Budget Prices to help You, not us. Most of our services are ran completely out of our own Pockets." Like wise if I was paying for your VPS and you bitched a lot, I would take offense too.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

Bruce said: need dedicated IPv4, so not the €3/yr deals. but apart from that?

If you could get a dedicated IP they are perfect for that, but you cant and that is pretty much the most important factor, unless you plan on running it as ipv6 only or you use another VPS to redirect the requests on another port acting like a load balancer.

Not sure about the other LES hosts but I only operate 1 LES brand you can get an external IP on (extra add-on) and that is littlehappycloud.net

• edited April 2015

@FrankZ said:

>

I will take it if you don't mind :)

• jbarrjbarr Member

To put things into perspective, just do the math on uptimes. 99% uptime means up to 87.6 hours of downtime or 3.65 DAYS down per year. With 99.9% uptime, you may still see 8.76 hours of downtime per year. FWIW.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Considering you dont have Montreal. Do you have New Jersey?

Yes, I have New Jersey.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • You can't even compare evoburst to other low-budget providers, they are at least 3 grades below everything else.
    They will suspend you for cpu abuse all the time because they can't manage the load on their host-nodes.
    I didn't manage to run one nodejs script on these without getting suspended.
    Meanwhile, running the same script 30 times at the same time at a similar-priced competitor, generates much load, doesn't it?
    [img]http://x-up.ws/i/7a04ceda9a62.jpg[/img]

• @tr1cky said:
    You can't even compare evoburst to other low-budget providers, they are at least 3 grades below everything else.
    They will suspend you for cpu abuse all the time because they can't manage the load on their host-nodes.
    I didn't manage to run one nodejs script on these without getting suspended.
    Meanwhile, running the same script 30 times at the same time at a similar-priced competitor, generates much load, doesn't it?
    [img]http://x-up.ws/i/7a04ceda9a62.jpg[/img]

They also can't even handle a simple CEG DMCA

• @xDragonZ said:
    They also can't even handle a simple CEG DMCA

isn't that the dmca troll?

• xDragonZxDragonZ Member
    edited April 2015

@Mark_R said:
    isn't that the dmca troll?

Yes, that is DMCA troll, evoburst will ask you pay that settlement which is $300.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2015

@xDragonZ said:
    Yes, that is DMCA troll, evoburst will ask you pay that settlement which is 300 euro.

that's just awful, they shouldn't be charging you money without validating what CEG really is about.

• @Mark_R said:

If I not mistaken evoburst is asking user to pay to CEG-TEK not to them.

I'm sure most of hosting providers out there know CEG is just a DMCA troll.

• @xDragonZ said:
    I'm sure most of hosting providers out there know CEG is just a DMCA troll.

They should, a quick google search on 'CEG-TEK' reveals it.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited April 2015

Just going to chime in for a second here.

A DMCA troll it may be, they are still requesting money thus has been passed on to the Customer which purchased the VPS.

Which was then Ignored for over 24 hours.

With a report saying bittorrent traffic through our servers on a VPN. In which the customer is then selling off to other users and not enforcing the same ruling as we do.

So, for those that wish to know.. Customer Purchases VPS Server, Sets up VPN Server and sells it to other users, users get complaints. That go from provider to me, so forwarded to the Customer which holds privacy as a #1 Concern for customers. Thus cannot forward complaints to their own users which then leave things unsorted from a providers sense.

So saying that we won't handle a simple dmca notice, is false as the customer cannot even forward it on to the customer that it is ment for.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jbarrjbarr Member

I bought the MegaVZ MEGA1024 multi-location bundle, and other than having to learn how to get the NAT proxy working (which didn't take long) I've been very happy with the service. I'm currently only using 2 of the VPS's--the rest are shut down until I need them--and access has been very good. I connect to login via SSH, and I login. I hit the sites, and they return the expected pages. I access installed services, and they work without issue. Is the uptime perfect? No. But the service they offer at the pricepoint I'm paying is perfect for me. I read their TOS/AUP prior to purchase, fully understanding that they don't guarantee uptime, so that there are occasional hiccups is completely within my expectations. If they guaranteed otherwise, the story would be different.

I spend my time actually using and developing on these sites hosted with Evoburst instead of spending time trying to determine how fast and how reliable they are. YMMV, of course.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

EvoStupidKid or EvoKid ;)

• @DewlanceVPS said:

@TinyTunnel_Tom where are you kid ?

• NomadNomad Member

I got one from them. For 3 bucks a year it holds up to what it can i'ld say.

I don't expect it to be on the same segment as my dedi, that's for sure.
    Sure, Nodequery is spamming my inbox with reports that it says it can't access my LES though I usually accessed my dedi whenever I wanted; Except one time that I didn't have access to it for a while later on I checked SolusVM panel to see it was turned off, manually had to restart. To this day I don't know why that happened.

Other than that, I'm content with it. It's an experimental playground afterall. No one claims this is a machine with 100% uptime and the best hardware...

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • @DewlanceVPS said:

Says the one who doesn't understand Genuine Linux xD.

@alexvolk said:

Explain?

• @AutoSnipe said:
    i sit here around 18 hours a day fighting off brute force attempts which are practically crippling the IO Resources of the servers to get abused for something that is fairly well out of my control

do you have PTSD from the bot wars? also if SSH scanning bots are crippling your IO resources then your server is pretty screwed up or otherwise overloaded.

Thanked by 3DomainBop Mark_R lbft
  • @kaniini said:
    do you have PTSD from the bot wars? also if SSH scanning bots are crippling your IO resources then your server is pretty screwed up or otherwise overloaded.

I am just going to chime in my 2 cents if he doesn't know how to stop ssh scans I would just use fail2ban that is what I use to prevent scans as it is a waste of time for me to sit through the logs blocking everyone that does it instead of fail2ban automatically doing it for you.