Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evoburst discussion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evoburst discussion

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
This discussion was created from comments split from: CloudCommando has gone downhill..

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Gunter said: I'd recommend Joodle's (Evoburst) $2.50 Piwik instead at the moment

Yeah keep throwing money at these random one guy shows (until the next guy decides going on a trip with his gf/bf or has exams at school which are obviously more important than his clients), or you could get a $15/year VM and run Piwik yourself, or heck, just add to anywhere you already run MySQL (such as your actual website)...

• @rm_ said:
    Yeah keep throwing money at these random one guy shows (until the next guy decides going on a trip with his gf/bf or has exams at school which are obviously more important than his clients), or you could get a $15/year VM and run Piwik yourself, or heck, just add to anywhere you already run MySQL (such as your actual website)...

Since when is EvoBurst Solutions a one man show?

@AutoSnipe ??

Thanked by 1jar
  • edited April 2015

@joodle , you're missing the point he's making. There's a difference between a professional company, and a hobbyist who's messing around selling some VMs. I made the mistake of going with EvoBurst / MegaVZ and you suspended my VM and thought it was funny (as you laughed in the email you wrote me). You see, that kind of behavior you would not get from a professional company.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • funyuns_are_awesome said: I made the mistake of going with EvoBurst / MegaVZ and you suspended my VM and thought it was funny (as you laughed in the email you wrote me). You see, that kind of behavior you would not get from a professional company.

Could you please provide me with the ticket # that was made? I can't recall seeing Ryan or me suspending a VM and laughing at the customer once suspended.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@joodle said:
    Could you please provide me with the ticket # that was made? I can't recall seeing Ryan or me suspending a VM and laughing at the customer once suspended.

I wouldn't expect that attitude from Ryan as well. In the emails we sent/received, Ryan was really professional and the performance of the VPS is simply great.

• edited April 2015

@MrGeneral said:

+1 because Ryan has always been friendly and helpful in my tickets.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MrGeneral said:
    I wouldn't expect that attitude from Ryan as well. In the emails we sent/received, Ryan was really professional and the performance of the VPS is simply great.

I'm 100% sure that @funyuns_are_awesome is just putting up a bullshit story. And he probably won't even come up with a ticket number.

@funyuns_are_awesome you can PM me your email as well if you'd like, so i can check out what exactly happened and what the reason for the suspension is (if it's the truth you're telling).

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@joodle the point @rm_ seems to be making is: both are amateur ventures:

• EvoBurst has migrated servers and providers so many times in their short existence

• EvoBurst has sent emails requesting people to change the default SSH port or get suspended because apparently that was apparently a big problem for you guys

• I once got a 1,5€/year container and got asked for a screenshot of my transaction on PayPal to get it activated

• You guys spammed your commercial offers to LES customers with no unsubscribe link and ignored tickets regarding this.

Those are just 3 quick examples since I am on my mobile. And don't even get me started on other... private things which shouldn't be aired, but Ryan's attitude leaves very much to be desired for anyone serious doing business.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

I didn't know as much about this matter, it's just that "joodle's Piwik" really sounded like not the kind of service you should be looking to switch to after being burned by exactly the same "[random guy from LET]'s Piwik".
    Anyways from the impressions posted above it looks like this "EvoBurst" got some issues even beside that, and should be avoided even if not strictly a one man show.

Thanked by 2Ndha alexvolk
  • I didn't know as much about this matter, it's just that "joodle's Piwik" really sounded like not the kind of service you should be looking to switch to after being burned by exactly the same "[random guy from LET]'s Piwik".
    Anyways from the impressions above it looks like this "EvoBurst" got some issues even beside that, and should be avoided even if not strictly a one man show.

Fair enough, removed the recommendation.

• Nyr said: EvoBurst has migrated servers and providers so many times in their short existence

To be fair, this has only occurred in Los Angeles, (one to get away from CorporateColo, and then after that is hardware upgrades)

Nyr said: EvoBurst has sent emails requesting people to change the default SSH port or get suspended because apparently that was apparently a big problem for you guys

Not one person has been suspended for this, it's more of a "secure your vps server" as it's a daily occurrence of brute force attempts, which then when their vps' are hacked customers blame us for it.

Nyr said: I once got a 1,5€/year container and got asked for a screenshot of my transaction on PayPal to get it activated

Paypal's awesome IPN Service that doesn't like us. I myself only ask for the Transaction ID for confirmation as I have access to the paypal account, whereas Joodle doesn't thus asks for the Screenshot

Nyr said: You guys spammed your commercial offers to LES customers with no unsubscribe link and ignored tickets regarding this.

I do believe i haven't ignored any tickets about this. and all it is is a misclicked/unchecked button which causes it to go out to all rather then people that have opted out, which i apologize for.

• I would say that among others VPS provider, EvoBurst is one of the worst although they have a great network.

Even server that is idle, they will suspend you without any refund.

disclaimer : This is my personal review.

Thanked by 1Termiet
  • @xDragonZ said:
    I would say that among others VPS provider, EvoBurst is one of the worst although they have a great network.

Even server that is idle, they will suspend you without any refund.

disclaimer : This is my personal review.

That's not a review, it's an allegation. Proof?

Thanked by 2gestiondbi im_jmz
  • @hostnoob - I've sent him a PM after he posted this, asking for his email to run it against tickets etc (as I've not suspended a VPS for no reason) but he's been active yet no reply as of yet. So, i'm not sure what to think here.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    hostnoob - I've sent him a PM after he posted this, asking for his email to run it against tickets etc (as I've not suspended a VPS for no reason) but he's been active yet no reply as of yet. So, i'm not sure what to think here.

Sorry I have no interest in getting the account back.

Since you said it has broken your TOS and our test machine (idle) with separated account from our company account also got banned. Total 5 VM got suspended.

• @xDragonZ - it's not for you to get your account back. it's to go "no, this is what happened" whereas right now, it's pretty one sided accusation.

So, since you are not willing to cooperate with this, may you please remove your accusations since they are unfounded.

Thanked by 3MikePT jar jvnadr
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@xDragonZ said:
    Since you said it has broken your TOS and our test machine (idle) with separated account from our company account also got banned. Total 5 VM got suspended.
    @xDragonZ said:

I don't see why you're not backing up the whole story there...

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I have total 9 active services with EvoBurst and I am happy.

Thanked by 2AutoSnipe BlazeMuis
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    xDragonZ - it's not for you to get your account back. it's to go "no, this is what happened" whereas right now, it's pretty one sided accusation.

So, since you are not willing to cooperate with this, may you please remove your accusations since they are unfounded.

No one suspends containers for being idle, when paid up. Unless idle means "we didn't touch it therefore it was compromised."

Thanked by 2MikePT im_jmz
  • @Jar - Exactly what i was thinking, but since he doesn't seem to want to provide me with any information so i can check his account for what happened.

But the thing is, i only suspend all containers under accounts if they put disputes in. unless all their vps' are affected.

and most of the time if it gets compromised i usually get them to reinstall the OS freshly and tell them to secure it, so, if it happens again there is a serious problem. but hey.. i don't know what happened with his VPS' at all.. so.. let's just leave this for now :)

@Radi, glad you're happy with your services :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

xDragonZ said: Sorry I have no interest in getting the account back.Since you said it has broken your TOS and our test machine (idle) with separated account from our company account also got banned. Total 5 VM got suspended.

Either you give the community solid proof, or you are a cheap liar. (my opinion about both @autosnipe and @Joodle is very good)

Thanked by 2AutoSnipe MikePT
  • NdhaNdha Member

@Radi said:
    I have total 9 active services with EvoBurst and I am happy.

Really Rad??
    Cause you knew my feeling with my 3 vm's.. :)
    but yeahh i must take it as it is..

• Their Seattle node goes out every day, I mean everyday, sick of opening tickets now, just wasting money and time, I wouldn't recommend to buy anything from them.

• @toirdaprr said:
    Their Seattle node goes out every day, I mean everyday, sick of opening tickets now, just wasting money and time, I wouldn't recommend to buy anything from them.

B*tch your on LET. Proof or it didn't happen

• Of course it never ., ever happened, 100% uptime.

Anybody want it? I will give you "free".

• @toirdaprr said:
    Their Seattle node goes out every day, I mean everyday, sick of opening tickets now, just wasting money and time, I wouldn't recommend to buy anything from them.

Dude.. I asked you before, provide me with a ticket ID and i will take a look at it. You're simply talking bs right now. Our Seattle node has NO problems at all.

• yea seattle's been taking a beating last 6 days.

• @iLLagHee said:
    yea seattle's been taking a beating last 6 days.

Have you submitted a ticket at us already? If not, please do so since we haven't been getting tickets about Seattle lately.

• joodle said: Have you submitted a ticket at us already? If not, please do so since we haven't been getting tickets about Seattle lately.

yup will do.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2015

Can we go back on topic? This is about the incompetency of CloudCommando, not really butthurt unfounded allegations against EvoBurst.