Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evoburst discussion - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evoburst discussion

Comments

• @Gunter said:
    Can we go back on topic? This is about the incompetency of CloudCommando, not really butthurt unfounded allegations against EvoBurst.

Read the discussion title & first post again :)

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • BruceBruce Member

was close to taking a bundle, until I saw this thread.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Gunter said:
    Can we go back on topic? This is about the incompetency of CloudCommando, not really butthurt unfounded allegations against EvoBurst.

The original thread got derailed enough for a split topic. So these comments are in the right topic.

• Evoburst. Well l can't really tell if I like it or dislike it. It's cheap, and it's slow (in terms of i/o or response speed). Maybe I'm asking to much for a $8/yr service. Besides that, it's quite fine.

Thanked by 1xai
  • I am very dissapointed of several people here, that bash hardly a provider that offers services costs 1.5$ per year, or 4,5$ per year with dedicated ipv4! They say that the service is slow, the support is slow, sometimes they have outages.
    First of all, i have the 256MB bundle from nanovz and some 64MB small boxes with them. No, I do not use them for production sites or anything like that, but i occasionaly test them or play with them. I am ready to use a couple of them for some small sites with minimal traffic.
    It is a pitty to accuse some nice members like @joodle and @autosnipe who offers services like that. You, people, should be idiots if you buy those service with expectations of replace... AWS/Linode/DO etc. It is not for you. DOn't think going cheapie that way.
    Use them for the purposes that should do. Testing, temporarely environments, playing and, if on production, be prepared for some downtimes or outages.

P.S. I do not monitor them continously but I do not have seen any major or frequently downtimes in my boxes.

• @jvnadr throw more money to "nice" guys. People paid for it and should get what they paid. Being nice guy here doesn't mean to provide shit service to customers even if they pay just a few cents.

@AnthonySmith it's really sad to see LES associated with bad services due to @AutoSnipe services ;(

• @jvnadr throw more money to "nice" guys. People paid for it and should get what they paid. Being nice guy here doesn't mean to provide shit service to customers even if they pay just a few cents.

@AnthonySmith it's really sad to see LES associated with bad services due to @AutoSnipe services ;(

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @alexvolk - Do you have a service with us? No. (as a simple search on whmcs shows no variation of your name unless you have used fake details) and still none of the claims above have been substantiated.

Nor do you know what i'm actually doing behind the scenes to organize things to get better across all the nodes.

So, i'm going to politely say, back off unless you have some personal proofs of the claims.

When downtime's happen, announcement's go up, afterwards the announcements are "unpublished", i sit here around 18 hours a day fighting off brute force attempts which are practically crippling the IO Resources of the servers to get abused for something that is fairly well out of my control, while users do dd tests all day long so they can complain when it drops below X mark.

Either way, that is all from me for now. if you have problem, we do have a ticket system.

• @alexvolk said:
    jvnadr throw more money to "nice" guys. People paid for it and should get what they paid. Being nice guy here doesn't mean to provide shit service to customers even if they pay just a few cents.

AnthonySmith it's really sad to see LES associated with bad services due to AutoSnipe services ;(

Okay let's set the shit right here

Firstly @jvnadr is completely correct. Since when were these production boxes? They have 0 SLA so if your expecting 100% uptime. Fuck off. LES in general has no SLA but quess what? They do the damn fucking hardest to get it as high as possible. I have worked with the lovely @joodle and @AutoSnipe and my god, ryan has woke up before at around 3am just to fix the old LA server (which has finally gone). If that isn't enough for you what is?

LES being a vps host does have DDoS attacks which null routes an entire ip for up to 24 hours. Is this any of their fault? No. Ryan does his hardest to get ddos protection in the certain location whist providing you with a VPS from €3/year. Do you expect blacklotus or others for f*cking €3? No.

If you want a SLA go with DO. If you don't NanoVZ/MegaVZ/BudgetVZ are for you.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2015

Let my throw in my few cents on those mostly whiny comments:
    I own two boxes in different locations and am quite happy about them, even considering to buy more.
    The thing is: Stop demanding superior and lightning-fast services when you pay as much for a whole year as for example with DO for just a month! Start seeing this cheap service as what it is, a cheap option for a testing platform and tiny webservices!
    So you might think about leaving @AutoSnipe and @joodle alone, because they are trying their best to provide us with this nice alternative in the VPS game of the big players.

Thanked by 2AutoSnipe BlazeMuis
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Bochi said:
    this nice alternative in the VPS game of the big players.

If you are going to compare this to the "big" players I would expect the same speed/support and not to forget, price as the "big players".

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2015

@mikho said:
    If you are going to compare this to the "big" players I would expect the same speed/support and not to forget, price as the "big players".

Sorry, maybe I was not completely clear about this.
    "Alternative" was not ment as an full replacement here, more like a supplemental service to enrich the market.

• @Bochi said:
    Let my throw in my few cents on those mostly whiny comments:
    I own two boxes in different locations and am quite happy about them, even considering to buy more.
    The thing is: Stop demanding superior and lightning-fast services when you pay as much for a whole year as for example with DO for just a month! Start seeing this cheap service as what it is, a cheap option for a testing platform and tiny webservices!
    So you might think about leaving AutoSnipe and joodle alone, because they are trying their best to provide us with this nice alternative in the VPS game of the big players.

You want me to be truly honest I do get lightning-fast services. SSD-Cached has made a huge difference for backups for me. I don't use all mine for testing as they are suitable enough for production :) . Why? Because they have 95%+ uptime. In 6 different locations. It means I never loose a backup.

Thanked by 1Bochi
  • KupolKupol Member
    edited April 2015

I use the cheap BudgetVZ plan for my 3rd DNS slave. They seem to reboot the node every few days(?). But I don't really care as it only runs DNS slave which starts after reboot. So I guess it's fine. Uptimerobot says it has 98.7% uptime. So money well spent.

EDIT: I have BudgetVZ, got them mixed up. Sorry mates. Sent ticket in regardless. @AutoSnipe

• @Kupol

Can you send me in a ticket.. that doesn't seem right..

This is the uptime's from the node.

[root@NC2 ~]# uptime **Upgraded to newer hardware on last reboot
     07:13:09 up 27 days
    [root@LA1 ~]# uptime
     07:13:09 up 64 days
    [root@KC1 ~]# uptime
     06:13:09 up 28 days
    [root@DE1 ~]# uptime
     13:13:09 up 2 days **this one has just been migrated to newer hw
    [root@MS-DE1 ~]# uptime
     13:13:09 up 86 days
    [root@FR1 ~]# uptime
     13:13:09 up 92 days
    [root@DE2 ~]# uptime
     13:13:09 up 84 days
    [root@MS-DE1 ~]# uptime
     13:13:09 up 86 days

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Kupol

Can you send me in a ticket.. that doesn't seem right..

This is the uptime's from the node.

> [root@NC2 ~]# uptime **Upgraded to newer hardware on last reboot
    >  07:13:09 up 27 days
    > [root@LA1 ~]# uptime
    >  07:13:09 up 64 days
    > [root@KC1 ~]# uptime
    >  06:13:09 up 28 days
    > [root@DE1 ~]# uptime
    >  13:13:09 up 2 days **this one has just been migrated to newer hw
    > [root@MS-DE1 ~]# uptime
    >  13:13:09 up 86 days
    > [root@FR1 ~]# uptime
    >  13:13:09 up 92 days
    > [root@DE2 ~]# uptime
    >  13:13:09 up 84 days
    > [root@MS-DE1 ~]# uptime
    >  13:13:09 up 86 days
    > 

Remember old NC. Never had a single reboot

• @TinyTunnel_Tom - Yep... just sold it too.. poor thing i miss it.. but this new one will hopefully be the same :)

• @AutoSnipe said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom - Yep... just sold it too.. poor thing i miss it.. but this new one will hopefully be the same :)

RIP NC1 :'(

• Well, I have a BVZ128 and no problems at all until now. The only thing is that my IP was being brute forced all day long. Support always answered by Ryan and nothing to point. A friend of mine bought a nvz and he's happy with it too.

PS: @Kupol sent you a PM

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2015

@jvnadr said:
    I am very dissapointed of several people here, that bash hardly a provider that offers services costs 1.5$ per year, or 4,5$ per year with dedicated ipv4! They say that the service is slow, the support is slow, sometimes they have outages.

I find it very disappointing that some people think that it is right to not expect to get what you pay for, even if its just $1/year then you still expect to use the listed specifications with it whenever you need it! if the provider is not capable to provide this at the current price point then they should not offer it or they should add an note at the sign up page stating that you pay for a unstable service. simple & clear.

XVMLabs.com actually does warn people before signing up about their service being 'experimental' and make clear you cant expect much.. yet they've been one of the most reliable providers i've witnessed so far!

Screenshot: http://puu.sh/haWCH/fca4280323.png

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Mark_R: I think that the issue is more the fly-by-night, seemingly gratuitous negative criticism that some people have made. It's fine to raise legitimate issues, but the hit-and-run style of some people here is counterproductive.

Just to add that Evoburst has three VPS product lines -- NanoVZ/MegaVZ, BudgetVZ, and EvoBurst -- and it's not even always clear which product is being complained about.

• lbftlbft Member

AutoSnipe said: i sit here around 18 hours a day fighting off brute force attempts which are practically crippling the IO Resources of the servers

Are you really that incompetent? Like, so incompetent that you can't automate blocking bruteforcers?

Thanked by 3DomainBop k0nsl Termiet
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

Just for those that dragged this in to an LES 'thing' LES is a none SLA stupidly cheap service that comes with no support, it is managed on a best efforts only basis, that is made clear prior to sign up.

It has a separate community support forum, it is my opinion that @AutoSnipe meets those expectations without issue, if you are having issues with his none LES packages i.e. the ones that are not listed here: http://lowendspirit.com/locations.html then that is not something I am even going to bother reading about.

I can tell you from personal experience as far as I am aware Ryan makes every effort, I have expressed my thoughts to a few LES style hosts in the past (Ryan included) that they actually need to do less for people and I am sure he can confirm I have said this to him more times than I have fingers.

Personally I think they have perhaps been their own worst enemy in boosting expectations while my stance is and always has been 'it is what it is if you don't like it do not buy it, do not rely on it and do not complain when it goes down from time to time, I will be aware and I will fix it as soon as I can'

Aside from that I think a lot of the comments in here are unnecessary and unfair, if you buy ultra cheap services don't be surprised when you get ultra cheap services, there is a big difference between a bargain and buying the cheaper version, the choice is always yours.

I have no doubt that Ryan provides a better and most certainly faster level of support for EvoBurst/MegaVZ/NanoVZ than I ever have or will for LES.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I can say I'm very happy with all the LES providers including Evoburst. I've got all locations except Montreal and sure, there have been some downtime but it has all been because of upgrades to the hardware to improve the service. For the price I'm paying, I'm very happy with what I'm receiving.

It is very clear when you sign up that this is a no support product.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @tomle said:
    I can say I'm very happy with all the LES providers including Evoburst. I've got all locations except Montreal and sure, there have been some downtime but it has all been because of upgrades to the hardware to improve the service. For the price I'm paying, I'm very happy with what I'm receiving.

It is very clear when you sign up that this is a no support product.

Considering you dont have Montreal. Do you have New Jersey?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • I have a NanoVZ and BudgetVZ (both 1GB RAM). Both perform well and not a lot of downtime. The Nano I use to play around with IPV6 stuff and the Budget I use for secondary DNS. For the price, the service is brilliant. I moved the DNS server away from We Love Servers because of consistent downtime and they couldn't get IPV6 to work.

• TBH I hope budgetvz will come with ssd cached. I can even pay a little more if it's ssd cached.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • I think a lot of people are being unfair here and it seems quite some unfounded allegations were made.

If you have a complaint about Evoburst's services, please include a ticket ID; at least then you give them a chance to help you. On top of that, it gives you some credibility (because without that ticket ID or any proof, you have zero!).

These services are provided at these prices because the market demands them. They serve a certain part of the market and if you fail to understand that, these services may not be for you.

I'd like to add that my BudgetVZ boxes have been running extremely stable and the VPN I have on one of them matches the speed/quality I get from RamNode while watching Netflix, at only a third of the cost. (That's an Atlanta BudgetVZ 128MB and an NYC RamNode 128MB CVZ).

• Cant say as I have had any (known) outages with them, we have a server that we have been meaning to setup and deploy (Kept getting sidetracked) but have had no notifications from them to inform us of any crashes or otherwise, and a colleague of mine has had an active service with them for some time and have said they were happy with the way that it all worked. As I say I have yet to deploy even any monitoring scripts to the server I bought, but it was a very cheap server and appears to be decent.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

Mark_R said: I find it very disappointing that some people think that it is right to not expect to get what you pay for, even if its just $1/year then you still expect to use the listed specifications with it whenever you need it! if the provider is not capable to provide this at the current price point then they should not offer it or they should add an note at the sign up page stating that you pay for a unstable service. simple & clear.

This is a lie. They DO say clearly that they do not offer any uptime guarantee. Did you ever spend even a minute to read their TOS/AUP? It is very clear. let me throw it here for you:

Disclaimer
    evoBurst Solutions cannot be held liable for system down time, crashes or data loss. We cannot be held liable for any predicated estimate of profits which a client would have gained if their site was functioning. Certain services provided by evoBurst Solutions are resold. Thus, certain equipment, routing, software and programming used by evoBurst Solutions are not directly owned or written by evoBurst Solutions. Moreover, evoBurst Solutions holds no responsibility for the use of our clients' accounts. Failure to comply with any terms or conditions will result in the automatic deactivation of the account in question. We reserve the right to remove any account, without advance notice for any reason without restitution, as evoBurst Solutions sees fit.

Server Uptime Guarantee
    Although evoBurst Solutions has an excellent record for reliability, we do not offer an uptime guarantee. However, our network and servers are monitored continuously, and are rarely down except for scheduled maintenance and hardware and software upgrades.

evoBurst Solutions reserves the right to amend any or all of the above policies, guidelines and disclaimer without notification. We also retain the right to increase any pricing and make changes to our account plans without notification.

evoburst.com/terms.html

Mark_R said: XVMLabs.com actually does warn people before signing up about their service being 'experimental' and make clear you cant expect much.. yet they've been one of the most reliable providers i've witnessed so far!

Yes, their vps is good. As good is nanovz. I have 3 of them. Faced several minor downtimes last year and they are slow from time to time. And the most important staff: Can you even buy any of it? They restock some boxes every 3-4 months (or even later) and they are sold in hours. So, you cannot compare it to a service that is almost continously available. XVMlabs is something like a special, nanovz/megavz is a regular.