Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting BHS1 down. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting BHS1 down.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

You know.... it's spring....... Moose wake up....... ;)

Thanked by 2netomx KwiceroLTD
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I like that his terms of service page has "accessibility controls". Everyone should do this. :)) I know a few people with impaired vision and it makes them very happy to see that someone thought of them.

But I guess they'd rather have a working vps lelel

• well I can tell you this if anyone of you have issues with goodhosting like I did(and I am sure we all do) then I can host you on my nodes....but I don't use opennebula but I can set it up on a node if you really want it(I like opennebula but the problem is they code the iso's and stuff in something that makes getting iso's from ftp links hard as you cannot just wget them and put them there and expect opennebula to recognize and use them....happens because of "cannot estimate file size" or some weird error....main reason I just use virtualizor).

• Had a ticket without reply for almost a month now...

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    Had a ticket without reply for almost a month now...

thats worse then I had with them as I waited a long time I thought and never got a response from damon until he showed up and answered one day.
    sad isn't it lol.

even though he says 24/7/365 support I wouldn't believe it as I think he should replace that with "whenever I feel like it support and whenever I am not on vacation or moose hunting support" lol.

• The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

I'm jealous people are getting replies to their tickets. I've had 4 tickets with them so far and not one has ever received a reply. :( At the very least they should setup their WHMCS with an escalation rule where after 24 hours of no response the system automatically responds with a sad face emoticon... at least then the clients would know that their WHMCS feels the same way they do.

What's sad is that the owner of this company is ACTIVELY sabotaging it (as in he is going out of his way to make sure clients are not taken care of) and would rather make excuses as to why he can't offer support than actually making the company better. I offered to volunteer my own time to help him out and take on any technical tasks or even field level 1 support tickets for him during his times of trouble because I honestly wanted to see him succeed. I would even jump through whatever legal hoops were required in Canada but apparently it was more work for him to do and it's obvious he got into the VPS hosting business to relax.

It sickens me to see clients treated like this and it angers me that I actually believed this company was different than the many others who have dead-pooled before him.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@KuJoe said:
    I'm jealous people are getting replies to their tickets. I've had 4 tickets with them so far and not one has ever received a reply. :( At the very least they should setup their WHMCS with an escalation rule where after 24 hours of no response the system automatically responds with a sad face emoticon... at least then the clients would know that their WHMCS feels the same way they do.

What's sad is that the owner of this company is ACTIVELY sabotaging it (as in he is going out of his way to make sure clients are not taken care of) and would rather make excuses as to why he can't offer support than actually making the company better. I offered to volunteer my own time to help him out and take on any technical tasks or even field level 1 support tickets for him during his times of trouble because I honestly wanted to see him succeed. I would even jump through whatever legal hoops were required in Canada but apparently it was more work for him to do and it's obvious he got into the VPS hosting business to relax.

It sickens me to see clients treated like this and it angers me that I actually believed this company was different than the many others who have dead-pooled before him.

I agree it is like this when my service comes for renewal with damon I will probably cancel it as I can tell you if you don't help your clients then you are no hosting company at all and should hang up the phone and quit and go find another job.
    that is why I left him long time ago and moved to making my own infrastructure that I could make sure is working and have access to fix besides waiting forever for damon to ever reply to my ticket with something like I don't know I was on moose hunting or something lol.

what vps hosting is all about is your selling a service(not a one time product) and you must support your clients with anything(well not anything just mainly stuff they don't have access to or don't care as long as it is working lol).

anyway all jokes aside if you got in the vps hosting business to relax your in the wrong industry as you do not just set up everything and then forget it and go and moose hunt or go on vacation...because I can tell you if you don't support your clients you will deadpool real fast.

• kimjungsong said: drug dealer.

Thats a little harsh unless you have evidence to support it!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2015

kimjungsong said: Why peoples buy this host very bad host and owner is drug dealer.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/48447/nuclear-war-heads-100-000-no-offers#latest

I see the ban hammer rising .... Moderator /hijack

Thanked by 1netomx
  • No one noticed it so far? The parent company Albino Geek Services LTD does not exist anymore. It used to be a registered company in Surrey, BC but now all registration entries about the company are just gone. I've had this.

GoodHosting.co is owned by Albino Geek Services Ltd.
    Owned and Operating out of Beautiful British Columbia
    Incorporated April 27, 2012 01:39 PM Pacific Time
    BUSINESS NUMBER: 815062880BC0001
    INCORPORATION NUMBER: BC0939191

Not valid anymore.

• ATHKATHK Member

@mickeyfin said:
    SCAM !

I've got a feeling you're Damon, you only signed up a few hours ago and you've been all over this post..

• ATHKATHK Member

@mickeyfin said:

Yea nice one, can't wait for you to get banned.

• I'm sad that Damon and his business went this way. He was a pretty cool and polite guy actually. Been chatting with him a lot in the beginning of GoodHosting days after he took over HardCloud. We've been talking about servers, Open Nebula and all kind of stuff. He got us reseller access for sponsored VPSs in OpenNebula and all the fency stuff. Helped out people on our forum who didn't understand OpenNebula.

It all ended really bad and ugly imho :( .

• cociucociu Member

the question is way the people still buy his service ?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited March 2015

@SandwichBagGhost said:
    No one noticed it so far? The parent company Albino Geek Services LTD does not exist anymore. It used to be a registered company in Surrey, BC but now all registration entries about the company are just gone. I've had this.

> GoodHosting.co is owned by Albino Geek Services Ltd.
    > Owned and Operating out of Beautiful British Columbia
    > Incorporated April 27, 2012 01:39 PM Pacific Time
    > BUSINESS NUMBER: 815062880BC0001
    > INCORPORATION NUMBER: BC0939191
    > 

Not valid anymore.

If this is true I'd really like I know what's happened from the owner ASAP..

Customers should be wary and start backing up and moving ASAP

Surely. This is a slow dead pool

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • I've had a picture of his company certificate signed by the BC business administration or how that thing is called. It contained likely the same information and verified the registration of his company by signatures of a responsive and so on. At that time one could find business entries about the parent company but now everything is gone. The company is dissolved.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I guess running a business was cutting into his vacation time.

• Oh wow. Well, thanks for redirecting to the topic I posted on FreeVPS. Nothing really different that is already known here. I am Givi btw.

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

I am not sure about what parent company Albino Geek Services Ltd belonged to but the business number is still valid according to CRA as of 2015-03-30

SandwichBagGhost said: Not valid anymore.

• @hbjlee17 GoodHostings parent company is "Albino Geek Services LTD". Where did all the company records went to? I've been searching around and couldn't find anything about Albino Geek Services LTD while I could before this all happened. I mean of course Damon could have contacted Google to remove all records. If he didn't then there is something else behind it.

• He is nice guy. It's really sad to see his services go down like that.

• SandwichBagGhost said: Where did all the company records went to?

I, too am Interested in this.

Records appear to have just vanished.

I had this but as said I am unable to find any additional information regarding the company anymore while I could do this before all went downhill with GoodHosting.

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

I am not sure, I only did a lookup through canada revenue agency to see if the business number was still valid as of today, and it was. So that means Albino Geek Services LTD still exists as a legal entity.

I am not even sure if GoodHosting is considered a company, or a separate legal entity, i think it may just be a brand operated by Albino Geek Services Ltd.

I can probably retrieve all available information about this company, but there is a fee involved and I am not entirely sure what retrieving such info would accomplish.

• ATHKATHK Member

Typical not answering phone calls.

• Does anyone have his personal phone number or Facebook?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Does anyone have his personal phone number or Facebook?

He's got phone numbers in his email signatures

• Looks like the clients. page and main website have been down for a while now, cloudflare errors on both. I hope he can recover from this and get things running again, hopefully with a larger support team.

He's a nice guy, and his VPS quality is good - it's just a shame his customer communication isn't the best :(