Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting BHS1 down. - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting BHS1 down.

Comments

• @cociu said:
    Many of you may have had important data etc etc.

I doubt anyone hosted anything important with this guy. He's proven himself unreliable multiple times in the past. It's the third multi-day, catastrophic failure for me :)

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I know I should file a charge back through PayPal too as you do know paypal will back you up if they Deadpool like this. And I advise everyone else to do the same with paypal

• linuxthefish said: care.dyck

That is an unfortunate name!

Here's a question for users or former users of this service - what appealed to you about it? Was it the 'cloud' aspect of it, location, price?

Thanked by 2netomx doughmanes
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Here's a question for users or former users of this service - what appealed to you about it? Was it the 'cloud' aspect of it, location, price?

DDOS Protection, ability to use cores 24/7 at 100% per agreement and network was good, price was also good.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

@MarkTurner said:

The unmetered port option (even if shared) was what attracted me. I wasn't expecting more than 100Mbps at any given time but prior to my VPS going offline the maximum throughput on my VPS was 160KB/s and that lasted all of one night before it dropped below 60KB/s again.

The OpenNebula platform did interest me a bit, but that was just curiosity mostly.

Even after reading all of the reviews, I gave them a shot because the owner acted like he genuinely cared about his company and didn't feed off the drama like others tend to. I saw the struggles he was going through and his public reactions were very similar to how I reacted privately when I started my company so I thought it was worth taking a gamble on because I felt his pain and thought he would hang in there to get his company to where mine is today... I was wrong and I feel like a complete fool for putting any faith in him and I'm upset I ever stood up for him publicly on this forum.

Location doesn't matter because he doesn't let you pick which country your VPS is deployed in. I wanted Canada but I'm stuck in Chicago instead... not like I'd be online if my VPS was in Canada though, right?

• ATHK said: DDOS Protection, ability to use cores 24/7 at 100% per agreement and network was good, price was also good.

So nothing that at least 100 other hosting companies provide then. I was looking whether there was some unique feature. I think most of the 'cloud' operators don't mind 100% core usage (albeit really just a thread).

• ATHKATHK Member

@MarkTurner said:

True, you've got a good point. Probably price point then and DDOS then :P

• KuJoe said: The unmetered port option (even if shared) was what attracted me.

Ok thats interesting

KuJoe said: OpenNebula platform

Not sure I am as curious about ON as you. I built a test bed of it late last year and wiped it shortly after. Compared to Cloudstack/Openstack it felt more like OnApp just painful.

KuJoe said: I was wrong and I feel like a complete fool for putting any faith in him and I'm upset I ever stood up for him publicly on this forum.

As humans we have trust people. Its a good thing, not a bad one.

• ATHK said: True, you've got a good point. Probably price point then and DDOS then :P

Cynical bugger aren't I :) Was there really DDOS protection? Who was providing that? I thought he got DDOS'ed every so often and everything went down?

• Anyway, whenever that lousy VPS of mine is up, it has performances of a 486 DX 33 on a 33600bps modem line.
    Maybe the downtime is for a better good and switch to a REAL provider not managed by an unstable guy like this one.

• ATHKATHK Member

@MarkTurner said:

I'm assuming OVH as there was some DDOS protection yes.

• KuJoe said: The unmetered port option (even if shared) was what attracted me.

This!

• CoreyCorey Member

Every time I log in to lowendtalk I see something new and shtty about this company. @KuJoe you are a nice person and you always have been... sometimes a little too nice :)

• I suppose zero is a form of infinity...

I bought out of curiosity and benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he'd be of great contribution in some technical role, providing he can be bothered to turn up.

• KuJoe said: Even after reading all of the reviews, I gave them a shot because the owner acted like he genuinely cared about his company and didn't feed off the drama like others tend to.

Maybe I got a completely different impression from you, but IMO he definitely fed off the drama. He was always quick to leave a comment and/or complain if it didn't involve him personally. Like @PremiumN, I always felt like something was off about him; he struck me as condescending and flaky, with a lot of convenient excuses up his sleeve that would eventually fall apart.

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@hellogoodbye said:
    Maybe I got a completely different impression from you, but IMO he definitely fed off the drama. He was always quick to leave a comment and/or complain if it didn't involve him personally. Like PremiumN, I always felt like something was off about him; he struck me as condescending and flaky, with a lot of convenient excuses up his sleeve that would eventually fall apart.

Others have told me the same thing. I can only remember a thread or two about him so I probably missed all of the other red flags that everybody else saw.

• @KuJoe said:
    Others have told me the same thing. I can only remember a thread or two about him so I probably missed all of the other red flags that everybody else saw.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I tend to keep a closer eye on providers and their behaviour on this forum because it's one of the factors that influence whom I decide to purchase from. And he's usually quite active around LET until drama about his company arises, upon which he pulls his infamous disappearing acts.

Thanked by 2netomx sin
  • ATHKATHK Member

If you feel that this is classified as "fraud or a scam" feel free to report both Goodhosting.co and MewZor Holdings to the Canadian Anti-Fraud website

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/english/reportit-howtoreportfraud.html

Use the - Fraud Reporting System (FRS) Sign up for a GCKey, login and report.

MewZor Holdings
    Corporation Number : 888403-0
    Business Number : 812778975RC0001 
    9275 149th Street, Surrey
    British Columbia Canada V3R 7B2

• I'd rather tie him up, pour maple syrup on him, force him to listen to Justin Bieber/Nickleback and dump him in an ant pile

Thanked by 3Mark_R k0nsl sin
  • @doughmanes said:
    force him to listen to Justin Bieber

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @PremiumN said:
    I dont know about you lot, but he seemed like a shady person from the beginning. That is why i never went near his products.

He was only good at one thing....that is, giving excuses.

This. I'm glad I didn't get a VPS with them

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited April 2015

Also, does anyone know WTF this is about?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharlesBroughton/

Since he always said that was him in the pic.

• From what I gathered, the Charles Broughton guy ran a Minecraft server for 4chan and judging by his personal appearance is an immortal meme on the Internet

• @hostnoob said:
    Also, does anyone know WTF this is about?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharlesBroughton/

Since he always said that was him in the pic.

It looks like the same picture on his Skype also.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Here we go again... So that's not even him, huh?

• Interesting development to this story. Is any of the servers up?

• @MSPNick said:
    Interesting development to this story. Is any of the servers up?

For me: no. Don't know about the others.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2015

hostnoob said: Also, does anyone know WTF this is about?

He kind of answered that further down in this thread. He claims that he is the person depicted in the picture but i always thought that it was an elaborate joke to make fun of the person.

• @comXyz said:
    For me: no. Don't know about the others.

Mine is up, in CHI2 though. But slow as hell (I/O and speed wise).