Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting BHS1 down. - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting BHS1 down.

Comments

• @Upstage said:
    Mine is up, in CHI2 though. But slow as hell (I/O and speed wise).

Are you able to access the control panel for CHI2?

• souensouen Member
    edited April 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Here's a question for users or former users of this service - what appealed to you about it? Was it the 'cloud' aspect of it, location, price?

A combination of location, unmetered bw and small plans available. No other Canadian company (that I knew of) provided that at the time. There are more OVH BHS resellers now, but not many with a small yearly and unmetered. Originally got one for VPN and it was all right for several months. Currently a backup connection since uptime has taken a dive of late. BHS1 still down today, CP not accessible.

Not a fan of the OpenNebula CP myself. It does the job so I don't mind it, but either the app or that instance of it is confusing. Sometimes shows me as going over the RAM allotment when I have no other VMs active, and the existing one was set to use what was assigned so it should be at or below the quota.

To people saying they couldn't choose location: the process isn't apparent, but confirm before ordering and add the location to the order notes. Otherwise iirc it'll try to pick the location closest to you.

The loss for me is minimal (4 months left on the plan). Hope others get their case resolved soon.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I opened a dispute with Paypal and it was automatically closed since it's an intangible iteam. I call them up and spoke with a Paypal rep on the phone and he said that he would try to get my in touch with somebody at the company and he called their "customer support number", after sitting on hold for a few minutes he comes back and says "It's very strange, they aren't answering." I told him that's been my experience and others and he gave me the number (already listed here) and told me if I don't get an answer from them within the hour to call Paypal back and they will appeal the dispute because the seller is not making any effort to resolve the issue.

Just a heads up if you file a dispute and it's automatically closed, call them up and explain the situation and they will give you other options.

• @comXyz said:
    Are you able to access the control panel for CHI2?

It's pretty slow but I can still access http://chi2.goodhosting.co/

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

Damons mother,

Confirmed as I called her, he no longer lives there apparently but she was shady as shit telling me she doesn't have her sons phone number and was very hesitant to talk, as anyone would be when a stranger with an accent calls .. I will call again with a more fluent canadian "aye" type accent in the future.

• I don't think doxing the mother is going to help at all

• @ATHK I don't think it's good idea to public his mother's phone number.

Now you know he's not dead. He's old enough to be responsible to what he's doing, don't bother his family then.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

@comXyz said:
    ATHK I don't think it's good idea to public his mother's phone number.

Now you know he's not dead. He's old enough to be responsible to what he's doing, don't bother his family then.

It's all public information. I don't see an issue with it.

• I don't think you can do anything to coax him out, as it seems that's what you're doing.

He will dye his hair and come back under another brand in a few months perhaps.

Thanked by 2netomx doughmanes
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

@ricardo said:
    I don't think you can do anything to coax him out, as it seems that's what you're doing.

He will dye his hair and come back under another brand in a few months perhaps.

Probably. Could just send pizzas to his house / his mothers I guess.

/sarcasm.

• @ATHK said:
    It's all public information. I don't see an issue with it.

Then let people find it if they want to. What he is doing is not good IMO. "Hey let's abuse his family so I can get my money back."

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

@comXyz said:
    Then let people find it if they want to. What he is doing is not good IMO. "Hey let's abuse his family so I can get my money back."

No one is abusing anyone, I called once and that'll be it, he doesn't live there by the sounds of it, although I don't believe her.

I'm not some crazy maniac who's going to go all crazy over $6.60 ..

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2015

Did you ask whether there were any midgets involved to cause his absence?

(fwiw, I'd also not bother contacting/mentioning his mother again)

• ATHKATHK Member

@ricardo said:
    Did you ask whether there were any midgets involved to cause his absence?

Sadly no, I just asked if she had his number she said no, I said have a good night and hung up.

(fwiw, I'd also not bother contacting/mentioning his mother again)

I agree and that's what will be done from my side.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2015

Yes... well it's a shame these kind of outcomes tar the rest of the LET providers. Hopefully whatever transpires, the company/director will no longer be able to promote here.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited April 2015

@ATHK said:
    I will call again with a more fluent canadian "aye" type accent in the future.

"Oh hey, how aboot those Canucks the other night eh. Stopped off at Tim Horton's for a bagel and went to watch the game eh. Bumped into the bud Damien but I lost his number eh, mind passing it over to me so I can check if he's catching the Yotes game tomorrow? eh.."

Thanked by 4ATHK iKeyZ OnraHost earl
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

ATHK said: I'm not some crazy maniac who's going to go all crazy over $6.60 ..

At least you are doing something, all the other customers appear to be... passive

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

@hostnoob said:
    "Oh hey, how aboot those Canucks the other night eh. Stopped off at Tim Horton's for a bagel and went to watch the game eh. Bumped into the bud Damien but I lost his number eh, mind passing it over to me so I can check if he's catching the Yotes game tomorrow? eh.."

Hahaha, might just use that, you forgot to mention Mooses though.

4n0nx said: At least you are doing something, all the other customers appear to be... passive

Maybe I'm being a bit obsessive here, I just want answers. I'm not doing anything to harm him, his company or his family and if he feels that I am he needs to speak up.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • sinsin Member

@KuJoe said:
    I opened a dispute with Paypal and it was automatically closed since it's an intangible iteam. I call them up and spoke with a Paypal rep on the phone and he said that he would try to get my in touch with somebody at the company and he called their "customer support number", after sitting on hold for a few minutes he comes back and says "It's very strange, they aren't answering." I told him that's been my experience and others and he gave me the number (already listed here) and told me if I don't get an answer from them within the hour to call Paypal back and they will appeal the dispute because the seller is not making any effort to resolve the issue.

Just a heads up if you file a dispute and it's automatically closed, call them up and explain the situation and they will give you other options.

Yup, I've always had great experiences with calling Paypal and getting disputes (even hosting) resolved in my favor.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hostnoob said: "Oh hey, how aboot those Canucks the other night eh. Stopped off at Tim Horton's for a bagel and went to watch the game eh. Bumped into the bud Damien but I lost his number eh, mind passing it over to me so I can check if he's catching the Yotes game tomorrow? eh.."

As a Canadian I can say ... that isn't going to fool anyone ;) haha!

Thanked by 2hostnoob ATHK
  • Just rang the 5544 number. They say wrong number. He hasnt hung up, lets see how long I can listen in on his phone number

• he hung up @ 6 mins.

Got inexcess of £25 skype credit. @GoodHosting you have been warned :P

• k0nslk0nsl Member

GoofHosting. Honestly, does this outcome surprise anybody?

• Actually the site, billing and panel are loading fast overhere (Peru).

I cannot say anything about VPS because I dont have one.

• @hostnoob said:

That just made my day lmfao ...thank you!

• bhs control panel seems to be down on my side as well. Although it does appear that my vps is reachable. The uptime was good until yesterday. Well, good thing my backend api is using digitalocean.

• Goodhosting is a joke, i opened a ticket half month ago and they still didnt answer it, i went with dediserver.com is way better.

Thanked by 3dediserve ATHK MikePT
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited April 2015

PremiumN said: I dont know about you lot, but he seemed like a shady person from the beginning. That is why i never went near his products.

@hellogoodbye said:
    Maybe I got a completely different impression from you, but IMO he definitely fed off the drama. He was always quick to leave a comment and/or complain if it didn't involve him personally. Like PremiumN, I always felt like something was off about him; he struck me as condescending and flaky, with a lot of convenient excuses up his sleeve that would eventually fall apart.

Yes! I am truly, genuinely shocked that so many long-term members here think he seemed a nice guy. He was extremely condescending and frankly just unpleasant back when he used to frequently post.

• KuJoe said: I opened a dispute with Paypal and it was automatically closed since it's an intangible iteam.

I've won a dispute with 2HOST because they couldn't meet what was offered and failed to resolve also