Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting BHS1 down. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting BHS1 down.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

@Nekki said:
    Was it Damon or another support guy?

No idea he never said his name at the beginning of the conversation or anywhere between, I didn't bother asking as he seemed frustrated that it was down..

• apollo15 said: OVH likely suspended the server due to spam, abuse or whatsoever. Maybe even reformatted. That is why you should never use OVH for production

Don't they just nullroute the IP that is sending the outgoing bad stuff?

• @linuxthefish said:

That's correct I think.

• @linuxthefish said:

yup via automated anti-hack which I might add can be removed on your own once issue resolved.

• he's been checking LET for days now without posting. That is the sign of good community participation that I look for when I'm choosing a new host.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited March 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    he's been checking LET for days now without posting. That is the sign of good community participation that I look for when I'm choosing a new host.

I would have to agree with that.

Anyway still waiting.. honestly want to see how long this will last, it's pretty pathetic..

• Sad story. Nice and competent guy. But f-cking up big time it seems.

Thanked by 3ATHK Maounique Infinity
  • @ATHK said:
    Anyway still waiting.. honestly want to see how long this will last, it's pretty pathetic..

The other locations are working well. Hopefully he can sort things out. I really like his service.

• ATHKATHK Member

@comXyz said:
    The other locations are working well. Hopefully he can sort things out. I really like his service.

Well no word so far, he was supposed to get in contact but hasn't, coming up to 4 days now I think, I'm losing count as I no longer care for their shenanigans..

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

bsdguy said: Sad story. Nice and competent guy. But f-cking up big time it seems.

That is understandable in cases of even mild autism. He needs some other rep here and for tickets to take on the pr and low level things such as logging in IPMI and restart the server, or contact the DCs and ask waht is going on.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Maounique said: He needs some other rep here and for tickets to take on the pr

I think I'd be great at that.

Whinger: "My VPS has been down for 5 days and I've had no response to to my ticket, or phone calls, and there's been no notice posted in the client area or twitter!'

Me: " Shut up, don't you know it's national Moose Hockey week in Canada, you fat bastard virgin?"

• ATHK said: shenanigans

• Data recovered, panel back online.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@GoodHosting said:
    Data recovered, panel back online.

What happened?

• @GoodHosting said:

It's good to hear that. I don't care about what happened, just care about the result :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

comXyz said: It's good to hear that. I don't care about what happened, just care about the result :)

You should, if a moose can break into the DC now, it can do it again.

• @Nekki said:
    You should, if a moose can break into the DC now, it can do it again.

Well I won't, what will be will be even if I care or not.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

comXyz said: Well I won't, what will be will be even if I care or not.

Surely if you knew the DC was a moose-raid risk, you'd look to move your data elsewhere?

I bet you don't stand in the middle of the road knowing there's a risk of being run over and just say 'what will be, will be'. Unless you're on crack, in which case, fair enough.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ alexvolk
  • @Nekki You can guess and say what you want, and I do what I want.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

comXyz said: You can guess and say what you want, and I do what I want.

Gotcha, it'll be our secret ;-)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@GoodHosting said:

Finally!

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki you seem to have an addiction to Moose attack!! Hahahahha

I need to pay OVH BHS for a warranty about Moose Attack, cost a lot!!! Maybe GoodHosting don't?

I'm glad to see the issue solved and everybody happy!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

davidgestiondbi said: everybody happy

If everybody is happy, they are on something. A multidays downtime ended with services being restored, that does not mean everything is rosy, at least not in my view, but I am probably in minority here NOT on something.

• MDoS - Moose Denial of Service.. it's a risk you run hosting anything in Canada. That and beavers chewing through your fiber.

• They do have a "100.00% Network and Hardware SLA" though

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited March 2015

@GoodHosting said:

That's all you're going to say after all that downtime? You know I used every single available method to contact you right?

Ticket

Phone

Twitter

LET, post and pm

Carrier Pigeon

Moose Mail

And you still couldn't give me a quick, hello I'm aware just hang on and it'll get sorted.. You ignored me for days..

[EDIT] You still haven't even responded to the ticket.. I know for a fact there's more than 1 support ticket regarding this as it was mentioned on the phone by whoever that was..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

gsrdgrdghd said: They do have a "100.00% Network and Hardware SLA" though

It's a bullet point on the front page, but if you click the SLA link at the bottom, you're taken to...something that has no SLA. I don't think @goodhosting knows what an SLA is, actually, because there is no Service Level Agreement specified anywhere on their site.

Care to explain @goodhosting? Marketing bullet points aren't the same as putting something legal in your TOS, right?

• ATHKATHK Member

raindog308 said: Care to explain @goodhosting? Marketing bullet points aren't the same as putting something legal in your TOS, right?

Good luck getting an answer, I'm a paying customer and still haven't had a response from him.... ............ ..............

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

inb4:

I had a problem with a router and a hard drive failure, and UPS didn't get in time. I drive up to New York to buy a hard drive but the Moose season began, so I hunt. Please give me time to fix it; here's a month free of service.