Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo?? - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

Comments

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited August 2012

@seedbox28 said: upload

You read the terms of service, right? ;)

• Still looking to grad a KVM 512 in NY :/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@winston said: Still looking to grad a KVM 512 in NY :/

I think we're an hour away from stock aren't we? Should be able to grab that one pretty quick while everyone trips over each other for the 128s ;)

• @jarland said: I think we're an hour away from stock aren't we? Should be able to grab that one pretty quick while everyone trips over each other for the 128s ;)

it's 3:06pm for you, right?

2:20pm right now for me, US/Central

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2012

I think I need me a 128mb KVM before the stock starts to dry up, then I can let go of all my SJ boxes.

• AsadAsad Member

There's more stock in 20 minutes?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2012

Stock up now, looks like no new NY KVM's :-(

@Nekki said: Stock up now, looks like no new NY KVM's :-(

Maybe ticket and ask.

• @Nekki said: Stock up now, looks like no new NY KVM's :-(

>

NY OpenVZ-128MB 2 2012/08/30 at 9:07 PM

• AsadAsad Member

@Taylor KVM's

This is quite possibly a record for 128 OVZ stock. Do you think that if there's still stock of it available when the next stock rolls around, the world will end?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Nekki said: then I can let go of all my SJ boxes

What makes Buffalo better than San Jose?

• depends on your location

• Better hardware, but someone here was saying that San Jose is getting an upgrade around the first of the year. If you want better system benchmarks go with Buffalo, but San Jose seems to have a more robust network with available DDoS protection. Buffalo also doesn't currently have US IPs. You'll geolocate to Canada.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@David_P said: What makes Buffalo better than San Jose?

I'm in Europe, so an East Coast location is preferable for me.

• so many stock.... customers cant keep up

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jcaleb said: so many stock.... customers cant keep up

We gave a total count of what we had for OpenVZ already. KVM is more or less sold out minus a couple plans.

It's obvious we should have built a few more KVM's :)

Francisco

• @Francisco my current OpenVZ is in San Jose, which one is having better hardware compared to the one in Buffalo?

@ErawanArifNugroho said: @Francisco my current OpenVZ is in San Jose, which one is having better hardware compared to the one in Buffalo?

The E5 is newer but it'll bench about the same. Buffalo has a bigger SSD cache but has no ddos protection available. If there's a chance you'll get blind sided by a flood I highly recommend you stick to SJ just because SJ isn't getting more nodes for quite some time. :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • How about torrents in NY?

@djvdorp said: How about torrents in NY?

If it's fine in SJ, it's fine in NY :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: KVM is more or less sold out minus a couple plans.

still wasn't able to snag a KVM 512 or 256 :(!

• Do these IPs work for things like Steam, Netflix or the US Android App store?

• Since NY,Buffalo IPs geolocate to Canada, I'd say no

• It's actually better for Netflix, there's all the US stuff plus I've noticed A LOT more movies/tv shows on there now.

• @Francisco You add new stock openvz on monday?

• Darn... all 128 NY out of stock. I was willing to grab An NY one instead of my SJ or keep both.

• @AsadHaider said: It's actually better for Netflix, there's all the US stuff plus I've noticed A LOT more movies/tv shows on there now.

I live in Canada, so I'm very accustomed to the Canadian version of Netflix. Trust me when I tell you that we all want the American version. :P There's some good stuff, but the US version tends to have all of ours and more.