Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo?? - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Windy said: @Francisco, is SJ stock updated as they are available or does it follow NY release schedule (if available)?

SJ releases in the morning.

It'll follow the usual release scehedule of 4AM & 1PM based on availability :)

Francisco

• SJ vm's are crap. People should buy NY stock. I'll horde the one freed from SJ =)

Thanked by 2klikli ihatetonyy
  • BuyVM is just all bad. NY and SJ are both of dubious quality.

I'd advise that everyone purchase services from HostBluff. They're far better and have extremely generous resource allotments.

Thanked by 2jar jcaleb
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@ihatetonyy said: BuyVM is just all bad. NY and SJ are both of dubious quality.

Especially the 128 OpenVZ. Complete trash. People should just not even bother.

Excuse me while I spam F5.

• @jarland said: Especially the 128 OpenVZ. Complete trash. People should just not even bother.

BuyVM's 128mbs are too small for any use. Avoid at all cost.

• @jarland said: Excuse me while I spam F5.

You'll be spamming for a while, not released for another 5 hours.

Thanked by 1jar
  • NickkNickk Member
    edited August 2012

@Francisco Are there any partial refunds for yearly payment? I have a few of my unused 128MBs that have plenty of time left, but want to get a larger plan instead (I just realised this now :() and will have no use for the 128MBs.

@Nick said: @Francisco Are there any partial refunds for yearly payment? I have a few of my unused 128MBs that have plenty of time left, but want to get a larger plan instead (I just realised this now :() and will have no use for the 128MBs.

Yep.

Refunds are auto applied so just pick an instant cancellation and you'll get a pro-rated account credit automatically.

Francisco

• @Jack said: the Question about Cancellations and refunds is asked so many times you should just make a knowledge article about it so you don't have to type something out each time...

A working search feature on LET would be great too. I did look before asking.

• DeorDeor Member

Anyone got PPTPd set up on a NY box yet? I get:

cat: /dev/ppp: Permission denied

And i cant see the option to enable PPP in solus like some providers seem to have. Im guessing @Francisco forgot to set it up, or its too early and i've not had enough coffee yet.

@Deor said: And i cant see the option to enable PPP in solus like some providers seem to have.

We don't use solus so those settings are set at boot time :) Try restarting your VPS and see if that helps.

Francisco

• DeorDeor Member

Ah thanks Fran, that's got it. Being a windows IT guy you would have thought id have tried rebooting it to see if it fixed the problem ;)

• Almost time.

• If you're a hopeful new patron, your stock release will be on Wednesday, August 29th at 4AM GMT -7

Yeah... No

You must have active services before placing this order #

• me too

You must have active services before placing
    this order #

Why this ?

• me too

You must have active services before placing
    this order #

Why this ?

• I've been running some prolonged benchmarking on one of the new Buffalo instances and it's been really impressive (and consistent!). Well worth it if you can get in there.

• it got postponed at a later time.... =)

@Aldryic has removed the block, have at it chaps :)

I'm off to bed.

Francisco

• Damn you Maxmind. @Francisco mind manually approving?

Open a ticket with billing :)

• klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

Have just paid $0.37 :P

• wow... simultaneous stock for NY and SJ

• klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012
    Please take care to remember this password, as it will not be sent via email.

NY BuyVM-128MB

Main IP: 199.195.254.xxx
    User: root
    Root pass: passwordhere

+_+

• Main IP: 199.195.254.xxx

User: root
    Root pass: passwordhere

You will change the password after all. Or do you just use that auto generated password? :o

• @budingyun said: You will change the password after all. Or do you just use that auto generated password? :o

I think I'm going to do that.. or I'd just use md5('insertsomerandomstringaswellasbase64edimageofatrollface').

• i can change password in stallion right?

• And the Stallion password sent in email is incorrect either. (It's unchanged.)

• login as root; type passwd

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco mentioned that there will be some storage stock as well. Did it get sold out so fast?