Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greenvaluehost - the worst VPS service in the world - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Greenvaluehost - the worst VPS service in the world

Comments

• @Pwner said:
    Looks like it's GVH's last stand. It really doesn't seem like they can keep themselves up much longer.

I sure hope that's the case, sick of seeing posts about their shoddy practices and poor excuses..

• I was suspended now.

Awaiting response to my inquiry now - If not satisfied GVH will be sued under the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act (815 ILCS 505).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • It looks like that if you buy GVH services through hackforums.net you will get a better service response and support.

• emgemg Veteran

If we assume that GreenValueHost's offer was deliberate, then the next question is whether they planned ahead of time to retract it and cancel those who signed up, or after they realized what a foolish offer it was?

Frankly, GreenValueHost actions are inexplicable. What were they thinking?

• This may have been mentioned already by somebody else, but HTML comments are/can be stripped by CF. In fact, it may even do so by default: but do not quote me on that.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Something i just noticed on GVH's site:

They appear to be using the ddsmoothmenu library. On the website of the library the author states:

* Smooth Navigational Menu- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    > * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    > * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code

Can you see the notice somewhere on GVH's site? Or maybe GVH has a special licensing agreement with Dynamic Drive?

• @emg said:
    If we assume that GreenValueHost's offer was deliberate, then the next question is whether they planned ahead of time to retract it and cancel those who signed up, or after they realized what a foolish offer it was?

Frankly, GreenValueHost actions are inexplicable. What were they thinking?

He .. is a complete moron, he probably thinks it was good publicity ... oh look we can offer 100TB .. oh and we also do refunds proper, look at our big boy company we look after our clients here ...

NOT..

The kid is a complete disgrace.

• If we assume that GreenValueHost's offer was deliberate, then the next question is whether they planned ahead of time to retract it and cancel those who signed up, or after they realized what a foolish offer it was?

Maybe they needed quick cash for paying next month's invoice?

• gsrdgrdghd said:

Maybe they needed quick cash for paying next month's invoice?

Cunning.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • I have just seen their website and "Customer satisfaction is our ethos!"

lol

• @cncking2000 said:
    Stacy He says further down

"If you have an active plan, you have been sent an email notifying you of the time that your plan will be cancelled and refunded (grace period). Please take this opportunity to make backups of any important data."

Yeah I'm aware of that. I'm just surprised that had the idea of giving 50 IPv4's in the first place.

Who ever approved the idea in the first place is an idiot.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited January 2015

Why they cancel the services? As I know everyone is fighting to get clients and they cancel? Is there a new market strategy lol?

• @BuyAds said:
    Why they cancel the services? As I know everyone is fighting to get clients and they cancel? Is there a new market strategy lol?

They don't care about your business. They want to put the offers out and cancel them 5 minutes later.

No idea why.

It's the only business that wants to turn new custom away.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited January 2015

Damn, they've cancelled my VPS too, due "CPU abuse", and I was using 0.1-0.3 in average. They are scammers and thiefs. They should be DDOSed 24 h per day to avoid further scamming. ;)

• @Anna_Parker said:
    Damn, they've cancelled my VPS too, due "CPU abuse", and I was using 0.1-0.3 in average. They are scammers and thiefs. They should be DDOSed 24 h per day to avoid further scamming. ;)

Pretty sure they already are.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NeoGenNeoGen Member
    edited January 2015

@Anna_Parker said:

For real support and service from GVH, you better post in Hackforums. There is a dedicated thread over there and also a sys admin from GVH that take care of sales and support.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited January 2015

@NeoGen said:
    For real support and service from GVH, you better post in Hackforums. There is a dedicated thread over there and also a sys admin from GVH that take care of sales and support.

Got to admit though. They are branching out. Most likely the 50 IPv4 offer came from

• @MSPNick said:
    Got to admit though. They are branching out. Most likely the 50 IPv4 offer came from

Yup, it seems GVH is trying to learn few things from VMBox to succeed in that diversified market place.

• GVH will be losing it's current allocation of IPs in Amsterdam in a months time. Not sure what their plan of action is.

• @kcaj said:
    GVH will be losing it's current allocation of IPs in Amsterdam in a months time. Not sure what their plan of action is.

Why?

• Amitz said: Why?

They were leasing them (quite cheaply) from someone without a contract, that someone has now given them notice.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • kcaj said: They were leasing them (quite cheaply) from someone without a contract, that someone has now given them notice.

Ouch.... How much were they leasing? /22 or larger?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2015

DalekOfSkaro said: Ouch.... How much were they leasing? /22 or larger?

Were leasing a /24. (EDIT: They're losing a /24, apparently they have multiple sources for IPs in AMS.)

Back to the 100TB VPS fuck up (v2) of Jons..

Complete defamation. There was no partnership between him and Centarra. He approached Centarra looking to purchase services from them and was told to do one, so approached Exelion (who have rack space with Centarra) and was told to do one, so he then approached a reseller of Exelion who was unaware of who Jon is. Exelion figured what had happened and informed the reseller, the reseller too told him to do one.

I'm sure it's no surprise to most that Jon was trying to sell multiple 100TB plans on a dedicated server with 33TB of data transfer on a 1Gb/s port.

• foettifoetti Member
    edited January 2015

Maybe William can say something about their NL Network. I have seen his whois on their IPs.

VADUZ-Liechtenstein Route AS198412

• I sure as he'll don't hope I have to renumber as that's going to be a lot of work.

• Maybe William can say something about their NL Network. I have seen his whois on their IPs.

I cancelled the contract with my reseller. I do not want to have anything to do with GVH anymore and i sue both Jonny and GVH in Austria for defamation.

I'm not sorry for their customers, my usual contracts are 5 - 10 years, my reseller had no contract, GVH had no contract, thus my 1 month notice is perfectly fine. Not my problem what they do now.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • William said: I cancelled the contract with my reseller

-

William said: my reseller had no contract

wat? Btw why are you suing them for defamation? I haven't seen any (public) defamation by GVH so far

• No contract is not possible in EU laws - Should have worded "No contract that mentions/fixes any cancellation or contract timelenght".

wat? Btw why are you suing them for defamation? I haven't seen any (public) defamation by GVH so far

https://imghost.li/di/1FHW/Screen_Shot_2015-01-12_at_16.png

• Is there a way to see if you're on fraudrecord for free?

• lol :D Can you sue them in Austria? What happens when they simply ignore the case?