Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greenvaluehost - the worst VPS service in the world - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Greenvaluehost - the worst VPS service in the world

Comments

• akzakz Member

Lol so now everyone can be his staff member rofl

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited January 2015

Is there a WHT thread for this aswell? I want to make another bag of popcorn, but it's tempting.

Edit: Isn't the customers' sysadmin experience irrelevant to the manager, or 'President' of operations? Why do they care about your knowledge of linux whatsoever? I've had problems on a node before with IPXCore, and submitted tickets for frivolous issues. And I was never, EVER banned/kicked/told I couldn't be a customer, I was helped and I've even go as far to say I was given compassion. (For the lack of my knowledge probably, haha). Why is Jon being like this? Businesses cannot scale with your type of attitude in my opinion. It's only holding you back from potential customers.

• I wonder if any of his affiliates ever actually get paid...

• @kcaj said:
    You don't, I'm yet to see a GVH node that has over 100Mb/s of available capacity on the port. It's not surprising, if you're selling $5/mo plans with ~20TB each, your port is going to have problems.

You mean $8/year with 25TB/month bandwidth. ;)

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2015

@wych said:
    I wonder if any of his affiliates ever actually get paid...

I doubt it. They removed anything to do with affiliates from their knowledgebase, so when you try to claim it, they can just make up any reasons not to pay out. In fact, when I did question them about it, they disabled the affiliate system for my account only, and claimed it was "down for maintenance" (maintenance which lasted over a month until my service expired).

@Nekki got paid bribe money though so LET mods get paid :)

• @hostnoob Sounds about right. I never got mine either. I then had my account disabled when I requested my data be removed and now I still get the crap emails about offers so I know I'm still in the DB.

• hostnoob said: @Nekki got paid bribe money though so LET mods get paid :)

There's no bribe, Jonny Nuggets said so, I'm just a HPC :-/

Given that a) I've always given my honest opinion about GVH's quality and b) the container I actually paid for has always been shite and they've never given me a refund when I asked for it, I'll happily make use of that credit. 200GB worth of anime torrents currently being seeded :-)

• LESLES Member
    edited January 2015

wych said: I wonder if any of his affiliates ever actually get paid...

GVH never paid a single buck and they had absolutely no clue how the affiliate program works
    (or posed dumb to delete referrals).

• To further illustrate why this guy shouldnt be in business..

he launched a new offer 3 days ago and has already discontinued it and will be cancelling and refunding anyone who bought it.

So.. just another way that GVH will waste your time. I feel bad for anyone who spent any time setting up their new VPS.

see http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1444880

• @JoeMerit said:
    To further illustrate why this guy shouldnt be in business..

he launched a new offer 3 days ago and has already discontinued it and will be cancelling and refunding anyone who bought it.

So.. just another way that GVH will waste your time. I feel bad for anyone who spent any time setting up their new VPS.

see http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1444880

50 IPv4 for $8/m wow lol. What's he smoking.

• @Stacy He says further down

"If you have an active plan, you have been sent an email notifying you of the time that your plan will be cancelled and refunded (grace period). Please take this opportunity to make backups of any important data."

• Kid, how low can you go?

• @Stacy said:
    50 IPv4 for $8/m wow lol. What's he smoking.

How on earth could anyone justify that many IPv4 addresses on an OpenVZ container?

GVH is really looking for trouble, again...

Thanked by 2netomx GoodHosting
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2015

mpkossen said: GVH is really looking for trouble, again...

Implying that GVH have had a "good run" at some point in it's span?

• if at the time of signup ip is spamlisted by gmail,will u offer refund?

• Vijay

lol this guy...

• @kcaj said:
    Implying that GVH have had a "good run" at some point in it's span?

My server in AMS has quite good uptime to be honest. I'm not saying they're saints or that I endorse their way of doing business, but I have to give credit where it's due.

• Something i just noticed on GVH's site:

They appear to be using the ddsmoothmenu library. On the website of the library the author states:

* Smooth Navigational Menu- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code

Can you see the notice somewhere on GVH's site? Or maybe GVH has a special licensing agreement with Dynamic Drive?

• 100TB plans are apparently cancelled now and refunded (ONE MORE TIME) - How long was it available? 3 days? @kcaj also got suspended for it but he seems to not have the balls to suspend mine.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2015

@William said:
    100TB plans are apparently cancelled now and refunded (ONE MORE TIME) - How long was it available? 3 days? kcaj also got suspended for it but he seems to not have the balls to suspend mine.

Why should it take balls to suspend yours? Are you that bad and dangerous? ;-)

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @mpkossen said:
    GVH is really looking for trouble, again...

That's nuts! Email marketing in a very lucrative way.

He must of pulled it because his sister was doing to much over time with them migrations and the email abuse issues.

• @Amitz i threatened to sue him when he was in IRC if the product fails to comply with his advertising (false advertising under Illinois state code, fines and in some cases jail), that seems to have actually caused him to shut up and cause preferable threatment.

Thanked by 3Amitz Pwner ucxo
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited January 2015

Obviously 5 IP addresses and 100 Tbytes per month at those prices are completely untenable.

I wonder whether GreenValueHost was hacked ... both their website and their WebHostingTalk account. It would be a plausible explanation for why the offer appeared and then cancelled without explanation in a short period of time. Another possibility is that the offer was posted by an insider - a disgruntled employee or ex-employee. I have no information other than what we have all seen - those are guesses only.

I would like to see a rational explanation from GreenValueHost.

• LeeLee Veteran

emg said: I wonder whether GreenValueHost was hacked

Interesting thought, but no. They have not been hacked, it's just nuggets, being nuggets.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Interesting thought, but no. They have not been hacked, it's just nuggets, being nuggets.

Chicken nuggets..

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • @0xdragon said:
    Chicken nuggets..

Nom nom nom

• Chicken nuggets are not bad.

Jon was in LET IRC for some hours (must be him and not an imposter as he did refund a dual payment i had accidentally as Stripe fucked up) so i doubt the hack theory and alike.

• 100TB-BW-MEGAv4 (IP Justification Required)

20GB RAID 10 SSD Disk Space
    100TB Premium Bandwidth
    1024MB Guaranteed RAM
    1024MB vSwap RAM
    50 IPv4 Addresses
    16 IPv6 Addresses
    Monthly Cost: ONLY $12.00!
    Yearly Cost: $96.00 (JUST $8.00 per month!)

wow ! that is amazing ! - @tr1cky - did you see that - he is working on your idea already.

• Dear Name,

We are sorry to inform you that we are going to discontinue the 100TB plans and cancel all active 100TB packages. Please take backups of any data that you have stored on your virtual server. Your VPS plan will be cancelled in 1 weeks time and your invoice will then be promptly refunded in full.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and are acting in the best interest of the stability of our services and our company. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

GreenValueHost

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2015

• Looks like it's GVH's last stand. It really doesn't seem like they can keep themselves up much longer.