Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers

Comments

• Just to let you know the cheap DS servers are back in stock:

https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=181

Included Options

4 Cores / 4 Threads
    2.4Ghz - 2 Processors
    4GB DDR2 ECC RAM
    146GB SAS 

20TB Monthly Transfer
    Linux/Windows* OS
    5 usable IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6 Address Block 

Remote Reboot Access
    FREE Setup

35 per month :)

• @zhuanyi said: Just to let you know the cheap DS servers are back in stock:

Looks like they got rid of the $29 server from the list, too. :(

• If you'd like one of the Opteron 248's ($29) shoot me an email and I'll get you one. ([email protected])

On the 2216's ($35) i have a new batch of drives I'm wanting to try out so the first handfull of orders will get a 300GB SAS drive instead of the normal 146GB.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@zen
    They are on 100mbps, however they did a free updagre for me to 1gige

• All our servers, including the 2216s, are on 1Gbit ports. If you've purchased a server from us in the past and it's on 100Mbit please let us know and we will make arrangements to get you upgraded.

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited September 2012

If you buy a second drive do they have hardware raid/cost? Ipmi/kvm?

Anyone try running VPS' at DS?

• Some of our hardware is still colocated with Wholesale Internet and there are only 100Mbit ports there. Our new facility only has 1Gbit ports.

• The 2216s have hardware RAID built in, however, RAID 1 performance on these has been less then optimal. I would suggest a RAID 0 or just a single drive.

• oh, and no charge on the hardware RAID on the 2216s. The cards are already there.

• @datashack said: If you'd like one of the Opteron 248's ($29) shoot me an email and I'll get you one. ([email protected])

Awesome! I'm really happy with my $35 server, was just an observation. (Welcome to LET, also!)

Any chance of being able to upgrade to throw in one of those 300GB drives, though..?

• Open a ticket and mention that Brooks said it was ok to replace your drive with a 300GB.

• @datashack said: replace your drive with a 300GB.

Possible to add it with the 146GB?

• open a ticket asking for a second drive.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy

Back when I tried it, I had extremely poor IO performance. Around 29MB/s on RAID1. That 300 GB drives, are they faster?

• datashackdatashack Member
    edited September 2012

I'm not sure. We'll see. :) We've had issues with those RAID controllers and RAID 1. RAID 0 gives better results. Unfortunately we've had no love from HP on the issue.

One reason we dumped the SATA configs for them is that that RAID controller does not like them at all. Average SATA speeds were about 5-7MB/s.

Yeah, however I am not sure how many of the users are ready to risk their data with old sas drives in RAID0 ...

I will most likely order something else, though. Can you message me your email or other way to communicate, as I would like to request a more specific quote for dev server.

• What hard disk speeds can we expect minus the raid? 100MBs+?

• Alex: you can reach me at [email protected]. I'd be happy to quote you whatever.

bdtech: The reports I've seen put them at 50-75.

• NightNight Member
    edited September 2012

On the 2216's ($35) i have a new batch of drives I'm wanting to try out so the first handfull of orders will get a 300GB SAS drive instead of the normal 146GB.

@datashack I ordered a little before you posted that offer, and my order is still pending. Does order status have an effect on this offer?

• @datashack I noticed the website says 20tb bandwidth now for the $35 server, were servers ordered before the upgrade upgraded to 20tb bw?

• Awesome to see Datashack here!!
    I've put in a request for the 300gb upgrade but they sent me to billing.. hopefully they will oblige..

• @datashack I wouldn't mind trying out the 300GB drives however i already have the 2x 146GB SAS

i get about 50mb MB/s on the 146gb drives

• @datashack said: If you'd like one of the Opteron 248's ($29)

Hi,

Is this $29 server on 1Gbit ports or just 100Mbit ports? Thanks

• do you offer raid @datashack

• @HalfEatenPie Not only are those not SSD, but they look like ~5400 rpm drives...

• @vpsnodebox said: Not only are those not SSD, but they look like ~5400 rpm drives...

The HDD from Datashack are 2.5" SAS so minimal would be 10k rpm.. I don't think they make SAS drives with 5400 rpm only sata.

• @rolz14 Two drives in Raid 0 and only 50mb/s?

• @bdtech Nah raid 1 at the moment.

• @bdtech said: Two drives in Raid 0 and only 50mb/s?

I think depending on what OS you installed there as well. I used VMWare Exsi on it and the IO was terrible until I installed some sort of IO Accelerator package found somewhere on the HP website...

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited September 2012
    About
    Username datashack
    Joined September 5
    Visits 0
    Last Active 7:15PM
    Roles Member
    Thanked 4

The power of LET.. Welcome aboard @datashack