Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member

nvm...

Thanked by 1wahyan
  • @ynzheng said: Free DirectAdmin for Linux

Forgets BSD :(

• AsadAsad Member

@yomero Oh sorry, I just reread that.. Yes, there are really absolutely no benefits to using the trial key as the features you get are pretty useless.

But hey, the serial was listed so I put it in anyway.

Sorry I've been up like 30+ hours and just finished another eight hour night shift :P I'm going to sleep now..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I may just rent mine out for what it costs. Too good of a deal to cancel but I'm not sure I can justify keeping it right now.

• earlearl Member

is anyone else having problem connecting to ilo now? I can't seem to connect.. not sure if its just me

Each has their own. Ask them to reboot it.

• earlearl Member
    edited July 2012

yeah the tech I spoke to said they rebooted the chassis ilo controller, but now I cant connect at all!

-update..

seems up now..

Does anybody who wanted one of these $35 servers want one? I got the extra drive so it's $40/m. I'm willing to rent it out for what it costs.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

I'll take another one if no-one (who currently doesn't have one) wants it.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

I've got one too with an extra drive which I won't be using but I'll keep it anyway, anyone want to rent it out?

@HalfEatenPie Interested?

• @AsadHaider: I'm good haha, I have @jarland's now too

• I am interested but I don't have an account with them. Do I need to register with them and rent it to me?

• @wayhan
    You would just sub-lease straight from who ever leases it to you, not DataShack.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@suborbital said: You would just sub-lease straight from who ever leases it to you, not DataShack.

I suggest you talk with/make an account with datashack (by contacting them), that way its easier if you need support.

• @HalfEatenPie said: I suggest you talk with/make an account with datashack (by contacting them), that way its easier if you need support.

I would not want to sub-lease a server, I mean, what if that dude just use it for spamming and hacking?

• @zhuanyi said: I would not want to sub-lease a server, I mean, what if that dude just use it for spamming and hacking?

Its the risk you take for selling servers.

• earlearl Member

They raised the bandwidth limit from 10 TB to 20TB Monthly Transfer!

• PatsPats Member

@earl said: They raised the bandwidth limit from 10 TB to 20TB Monthly Transfer!

yeah looks like ripple effect.. their neighbour Joe's raised from 5 TB to 10 TB :)

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2012

Found a tempting offer from Quickpacket.com.. wonder if it's better than the Opteron 2216 deal from Datashack?

Anyone familiar with Quickpacket? I know they were featured on LEB a couple months back..

Link to offer on WHT

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (Quad Core 2.83 GHz / 1333 MHz FSB / 12 MB Cache)

• 8 GB RAM
    • 500 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
    • 5 IP Addresses with Reverse DNS
    • Self Managed
    • 24x7 On-site Support
    • FREE OS Reloads (within reason)
    • FREE KVM over IP access upon request (depending on availability)

Choose your bandwidth option:

Unmetered Bandwidth / 10 Mbps Port - $49.99 per month
    1 TB Bandwidth / 100 Mbps Port - $49.99 per month
    5 TB Bandwidth / 100 Mbps Port - $69.99 per month
    10 TB Bandwidth / 100 Mbps Port - $89.99 per month

Also free upgrade to 5tb @100mbps/month or/plus? upgrade to 1tb HDD if you sign up before Sunday

Passmark:
    [Dual CPU] Dual-Core AMD Opteron 2218 3,002
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 4,297

• I am planning to get a box from datashack. do they offer raid cards?

• [email protected] for sales email. they will respond to that

• @Randy said: [email protected] for sales email. they will respond to that

They never did for me

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • Dont use their contact form do direct mail.net

• @Insidiea said: They never did for me

Yap, I think it is a hit-and-miss, one of my sales emails to that was responded almost immediately, the other one was never replied...

But their support is fast though, generally within a few hours

• i send it via.net and .com i think it makes a difference. the last time i send to .com i get no response and i send to .net and they responded

• ztecztec Member

I actually ditched the Datashack server already, I had no real use for it. Although the specs were good - not being able to use proxmox killed the fun for me.

• @ztec said: I actually ditched the Datashack server already, I had no real use for it. Although the specs were good - not being able to use proxmox killed the fun for me.

Build your own server and colo with a DC, that's what I do now :)

• earlearl Member

@zhuanyi said: Build your own server and colo with a DC, that's what I do now :)

What server did you end up getting?

• @ztec said: not being able to use proxmox

May I know why the server can't use proxmox? I am currently using various server in ovh and they did run the proxmox template very well.

• earlearl Member

@ztec said: not being able to use proxmox killed the fun for me

I installed proxmox in vmware, OVZ works fine but KVM not so good..