Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers

Comments

• What? I have Proxmox with OVZ and KVM working on the Datashack server. Its all working right now.

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2012

They wouldn't install proxmox for me so I assumed it wasn't optimal to have on their server.

• @ztec said: They wouldn't install proxmox for me so I assumed it wasn't optimal to have on their server.

Use VMWare? There is a iso for VMWare specially for Proliant somewhere in the previous posts...

• PatsPats Member

anyone wants this server with Proxmox loaded and running perfectly?
    i am thinking to off-load one datashack server.

• @Pats said: anyone wants this server with Proxmox loaded and running perfectly?

i am thinking to off-load one datashack server.

I'll probably offload mine as well since now I have my own dedi, so PM me if you are interested.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@earl said: Anyone familiar with Quickpacket? I know they were featured on LEB a couple months back..

Thanks for the mention, earl. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

• @qps said: Thanks for the mention, earl. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

The weekend sale you guys had were really good price with double free add-ons

• @qps said: I'd be happy to answer any questions.

When is your next sale coming up? :)

• @biplab said: When is your next sale coming up? :)

The more appropriate question would be: when is your next LET sale coming up :)

• @zhuanyi said: The more appropriate question would be: when is your next LET sale coming up :)

I wanted to rent their $49 dedicated during last weekend sale. I asked them couple of questions and by the time they replied that server was out of stock. So I wanted to know about their next dedicated server sale. :)

edited August 2012

@zhuanyi said: The weekend sale you guys had were really good price with double free add-ons

Thanks - it sold out quickly :)

We have at least one additional Dual Xeon L5420 with 8 GB RAM and 1 TB hard drive in stock at $69.99 per month - we'll honor the free upgrade to 5 TB bandwidth / 100 Mbps port for new orders placed this week (just mention your LET username in the order comments).

@biplab said: When is your next sale coming up? :)

Likely Monday. We just got in a shipment of Dual Xeon L5420s with 16 GB RAM and 1 TB hard drive with dedicated IPMI/KVM. I might give you guys a early peek at the pricing this weekend.

@zhuanyi said: The more appropriate question would be: when is your next LET sale coming up :)

The pricing in our last LEB post is still valid - we try to keep all of the plans in stock and we just put new OpenVZ and Xen nodes online in Atlanta.

We're adding a new location, and that will create a new LEB sale... more to come soon.

• @qps,

Thanks for the update.

• earlearl Member

@qps said: Thanks - it sold out quickly :)

Hmm.. I wonder if that anything to do with me posting the offer on LET? :)

edited August 2012

@earl said: Hmm.. I wonder if that anything to do with me posting the offer on LET? :)

Possibly. It was also re-posted on several sites. :)

Here's the sneak preview of what we're going to offer on WHT on Monday:

Dual Xeon L5420
    16 GB RAM
    1 TB Hard Drive
    Dedicated IPMI with KVM over IP
    5 IPs
    10 TB Transfer / 100 Mbps Port (free upgrade to 1000 Mbps port will be offered in the promotion, normally $20 per month)

$89.99 per month

• AsadAsad Member

@qps What location?

@AsadHaider said: @qps What location?

Atlanta, GA. Test IP is 199.101.96.2.

• how much for second hd?

2x 1 TB drives is $20/month (or $129.99 setup)
    4x 1 TB drives is $60/month (or $389.99 setup)

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

@qps Is that an extra two drives, making three altogether?

@AsadHaider said: @qps Is that an extra two drives, making three altogether?

No, the prices there are for a total of 2 drives or a total of 4 drives. I don't think we've had someone ask for 3 drives before, but if you need three, we can do that for $40/month.

edited August 2012

FYI - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1186269

We have a $10 off coupon valid until the end of August. :)

• @qps Not trying to troll or anything, but how is your service better than Dacentec's? They charge 65 per month and you own the server after 12 month, CPU is the same, RAM is the same and yes their hard drive is smaller but you can get an upgrade for 10 bucks extra.

edited August 2012

@zhuanyi said: Not trying to troll or anything, but how is your service better than Dacentec's? They charge 65 per month and you own the server after 12 month, CPU is the same, RAM is the same and yes their hard drive is smaller but you can get an upgrade for 10 bucks extra.

I think if you look into both of our offers, you'll see why ours is superior. If you have specific questions about our offer, I'm happy to answer them.

• earlearl Member

@qps

Not that I've tried your services but I have to say Dacentec is pretty awesome!! they even assign you an account manager so you only need to deal with one person..

have not found a better offer yet than the $65 Dacentec Rent to own, The HP's are still selling on ebay for $500-$1000 and after the first year you can colo this for $40/month.. where else can you get 16gb Ram 8core CPU 500gb HDD and 10tb on 1GB for that?

You can also reload your OS thought their provisioning system and have a bandwidth monitor so you know your stats!! they even provide KVM for free!!

To top it off they're pretty friendly, never got the impression they're trying to brush me off or that they're too busy. I have to say the are pretty unbeatable for now!!

• DS offers no Raid:? sent email and they said no

• earlearl Member

@Randy said: DS offers no Raid:? sent email and they said no

you mean Datashack? I have a e200 raid card on my HP bl465c from Datashack

• Hmm:-( i cant find any plans with raid

• earlearl Member

I think if you purchase their opteron or xeon servers and order more than one drive they would probably include a hardware raid for you since they are Dell or HP based servers so should have a raid card. you should ask them to confirm..

Planning on selling more VPS's? dacentec is a better deal I think

• Thanks. Just looking around.

We are offering a Labor Day special at $69.99. :)