Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

@yomero Yeah the $35 Dual Opteron 2216, you'd probably need to order the second drive and ask for raid during the order.

iLO is showing It's a ProLiant BL465c G1 with Smart Array E200i.

• Mine replied with iLo set up info in 10 minutes :)

• AmfyAmfy Member

@AsadHaider, @zhuanyi: Can we get some screenshots of the iLo interface? :)

• @Amfy said: Can we get some screenshots of the iLo interface? :)

If I can log in, so far after I typed in my user name and password, it just stay on the login page

• earlearl Member

@Amfy
    Pretty much looks like this:

HP iLO

• AsadAsad Member

@Amfy Yeah, it's just the standard iLO interface.

There is a KVM interface allowing you to view the screen, from here you can get into the bios and configure the raid controller. Media can also be mounted to install a different OS. You can also power on, reboot, shutdown the server.

• syamansyaman Member

@AsadHaider I enquired about raid for the 2216 and they said only software RAID-1 is available. Did you make any specific requests to get hardware RAID?

• AsadAsad Member

@syaman Really? I just requested raid 1 to be setup with my two drives (order the extra drive too). They use a hp blade enclosure for these servers, so the hardware raid card is maybe already installed inside each server in the enclosure?

After it's setup, check if it has a raid controller. You can also request iLO access and check that way.

• Latest IML Entry: POST Error: 1794-Drive Array - Array Accelerator Battery Charge Low

Is this something I need to worry about?

• @Amfy said: Can we get some screenshots of the iLo interface? :)

Let me know which section you would like me to take a screenshot on, here is the interface right after login:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sFksN.png[/IMG]

• Does anyone know if the accept Paypal?

• @carlosg said: Does anyone know if the accept Paypal?

That's how I paid...

Thanked by 1carlosg
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

@zhuanyi I've got the same error in my iLO hardware log.

@carlosg Yeah, they do. I'd recommend paying by PayPal and not giving them credit card details or setting up a subscription, just so you have control of the payments if any issues come up.

Thanked by 1carlosg
  • @AsadHaider said: I've got the same error in my iLO hardware log.

Thanks, guess I won't lose any sleep over that then

• Thanks for the info. I think I'll get one just for testing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Latest IML Entry: POST Error: 1794-Drive Array - Array Accelerator Battery Charge Low

Known issue with the firmware they are on I believe. Might ask but possibly just a false report.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

They never answer on sales email, so I just emailed them on the support one. Got an answer in 3 minutes and ordered my server. The thing that is important for me is to have some kind of remote access, eitehr kvmoip or ilo. The support guy said that it will come with permanent ilo, so it is a great deal for me, was looking for something like this to do some testing of new things.

• yomeroyomero Member

Ok, so, everybody convinced me and I paid for one of these.
    Ahm, the question is, when I will get my server details, or they are somewhere in the support site? o_O

• subigosubigo Member

@yomero said: Ok, so, everybody convinced me and I paid for one of these.

Ahm, the question is, when I will get my server details, or they are somewhere in the support site? o_O

Within 48 hours. You'll get an email.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • yomeroyomero Member

@subigo said: Within 48 hours. You'll get an email.

Ty :P

• PatsPats Member

@jarland said: Known issue with the firmware they are on I believe. Might ask

did u ask them?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@zhuanyi @asadHaider
    Thats normal if the server been out of power for a long time.
    If it still shows as new entries in the log after some hours the battery might be bad.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Pats No I did a bit of google searching and saw that it was a common false report with these systems, but I didn't go as far as comparing firmware versions since I've still yet to justify a use for the system.

• buyoqbuyoq Member

anyone tried to order using a credit card (direct credit card,not thru paypal) ?
    tried but it didnt go through.it's just stuck on the white page when i hit the submit link

• komokomo Member

what do you say ...

german kimsufi (isgenug.de) Q6600 4x 2.40 GHz 1TB for $33,5 vs. datashack 35$?

which do you like more and why?

german kimsufi: http://www.isgenug.de/hot_deals/index.xml

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@komo
    Datashack
    (+) ability to use RAID1 (at $5 more for second HDD)
    (+) 5 IPs included instead of just one

Kimsufi
    (+) massively more disk space (1TB + 100GB FTP space)

But I'd say the main question here is do you want one in the US or in Europe.

• Datashack
    (+) Rather friendly support

Kimsufi
    (+) Much better network

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

@rm_ said: Datashack

(+) ability to use RAID1 (at $5 more for second HDD)
    (+) 5 IPs included instead of just one

@MrLadoodle said: Datashack

(+) Rather friendly support

(+) US
    (+) DirecAdmin for $5 setup only

• @Pats said: (+) US

I don't see how this is a benefit, its personal choice.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

@MrLadoodle said: I don't see how this is a benefit, its personal choice.

Its because 'MERICA! (insert rocket launchers, soaring eagles, and good old Apple Pie)