Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack is getting some stock back on cheap dedicated servers

Comments

• PatsPats Member

@jarland said: my RamNode can be free :) DO IT!

oh my... such forceful order... made me actually click on the link..
    luckily i remembered i can get free vps (for 1 month so wat?) & click on my affiliate link and 'you' can surely get 1 vps free for life.. cataly..vps.com/aff.php?aff=016 :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Sent an email to DS sales. Not expecting a response anytime soon :P

• PatsPats Member

@dominicl said: an email to DS sales

regarding?

@Pats said: regarding?

few questions

• AsadAsad Member

@dominicl I sent an email on Friday and still haven't received a response to it.

Placed an order last night, just got an email now from their support asking me to verify that I've paid so they can finalise the order, and then it's a two day setup wait.

• i sent em an email (sales) about colo quotation.. 3-4 months ago..

@AsadHaider said: Placed an order last night, just got an email now from their support asking me to verify that I've paid so they can finalise the order, and then it's a two day setup wait.

Ahh, nice. Others opinions - do you think it would be worth getting one for 1 or 2 months (as that's all I can pay for) or not?

• AsadAsad Member

@dominicl Yeah go for it, that's way I'm doing. I'd like to test it out. I'm from the UK so I don't even know how bad the network/latency to the server will be.

@AsadHaider said: @dominicl Yeah go for it, that's way I'm doing. I'd like to test it out. I'm from the UK so I don't even know how bad the network/latency to the server will be.

Probably not too bad. Maybe 110-120ms or something like that. If I buy it, what would I do with it..only for a month? :P

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

@dominicl said: what would I do with it..only for a month? :P

Summer host? ...I kid, I kid.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@dominicl said: Probably not too bad. Maybe 110-120ms or something like that. If I buy it, what would I do with it..only for a month? :P

You do you want it? If its just for no purpose and you can only pay 1-2 months its pointless.

@Taylor said: You do you want it? If its just for no purpose and you can only pay 1-2 months its pointless.

Just want to test it out really :P

• AsadAsad Member

This entire site is pretty much a way to waste money, buy cheap servers which end up sitting idle.

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • TaylorTaylor Member

@dominicl said: Just want to test it out really :P

>

I would get a VPS that you could keep for afford for longer then :p

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

@dominicl Try sending an email to [email protected] instead of presales.

• JacobJacob Member

eBay store, Huh, Huh?

@AsadHaider said: [email protected] is another email they list on their eBay store.

• AsadAsad Member

@Jacob Crap, sorry. Got confused :P they don't have an eBay store, different provider.

• PatsPats Member

@dominicl said: few questions

sorry i was just trying to know if some replies our LET community can handle, as we all know that chances of hitting their pre-Sales is very slim..

@AsadHaider said: Try sending an email to [email protected] instead of presales.

Did that, no response. I think support is quick, anyway..Probably because they only allow emails to there from current customers.

• AsadAsad Member

@dominicl I just gave up waiting and placed an order, it's only $40. There's a few threads on WHT about them not replying to pre-sales emails either.

@AsadHaider said: I just gave up waiting and placed an order, it's only $40. There's a few threads on WHT about them not replying to pre-sales emails either.

Yea. Are you going to keep it for more than 1 month?

• AsadAsad Member

@dominicl Yeah maybe, might use it to mess around with or DA hosting.

• earlearl Member

I'm actually tempted to get the Dual Intel Xeon 5420, does anyone know the specs of the server is it an HP or a Dell? I think it's server grade anyhow..

• subigosubigo Member

@earl said: I'm actually tempted to get the Dual Intel Xeon 5420, does anyone know the specs of the server is it an HP or a Dell? I think it's server grade anyhow..

I have one. It's a Dell.

Thanked by 1earl

@subigo said: I have one. It's a Dell.

Server-grade hardware then I guess. Not sure what datashack support and stuff is like though?

• @dominicl said: Server-grade hardware then I guess. Not sure what datashack support and stuff is like though?

The replies I normally got is within a few minutes (less than an hour), except when I asked why they gave me SAS instead of SSD, that one never came :)

edited July 2012

@zhuanyi said: The replies I normally got is within a few minutes (less than an hour), except when I asked why they gave me SAS instead of SSD, that one never came :)

Lol. Have they still not replied to that one?

Emailed them yesterday and got a reply in an hour or so because sales weren't replying. After that they forwarded it to sales in like 2 mins and then sales actually answered me..in like 30 mins!!!!!

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2012

10/10 for proffesionality.

O LOL sorry HAHA

Sincerely,
    Adam Pettet

Edit: Wierd it is making it bold.

@dominicl said: Server-grade hardware then I guess. Not sure what datashack support and stuff is like though?

• AsadAsad Member

@dominicl Got my server login details emailed to me this morning, so 18 hours after my order was confirmed. Didn't have to wait two days.

Everything looks good, they installed a hardware raid controller. I/O is a little crap, I can download files at 70-80mb/s.

I asked for HP iLO access a few hours ago, got a reply within ten minutes saying that's fine. Got another email twenty minutes later with login details. So pretty impressed with their support.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited July 2012

@AsadHaider said: they installed a hardware raid controller

OMG with this :D
    The opteron 2216 one right?