Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 78
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

ValdikSS said: Guys, did anyone have any problems with Debian Jessie Kernel 3.16? It seems my kidéchire hangs with this kernel with long high CPU loads. There is no kernel panic (I got KVM access twice). Right now it's running 3.2 from Wheezy and didn't hang so far. Could it be hardware issue?

I am using the 3.18 kernel (compiled myself vaguely based off the Debian .config), and 3.14 before that, with no problems whatsoever. As for hardware issue, I believe @William had one kidechire hanging every few hours (and got it replaced), but he didn't mention if it was specific to some kernel version.

I suggest that you check if the issue remans on the 3.14, 3.18 or 4.0 kernels.

• rm_ said: As for hardware issue, I believe @William had one kidechire hanging every few hours (and got it replaced), but he didn't mention if it was specific to some kernel version.

I believe this is exactly what I'm having, but I didn't see this hangs yet on 3.2, although I ran it only since yesterday.

• how much?

@robohost said:
    I have an account with 4 kidechires i'll sell the account if anyone interested

• zevuszevus Member

I have one with 4 kidechires too.

... but someone said some few posts above yours,

The person name and country on the account were made uneditable some time ago, I believe specifically to accommodate for extremely smart people like you.

• Is it possible to use Online.net's private network features (RPN) with these boxes? It would be nice to put mine in a network with my dedibox Limited 1115

• NomadNomad Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Is it possible to use Online.net's private network features (RPN) with these boxes? It would be nice to put mine in a network with my dedibox Limited 1115

€1,99 and 5,99 ones. They don't have the RPN feature.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • VIA Nano U2250 CPU which is used in Dedibox Kidéchire hangs when running under 64 bit OS. Install 32 bit OS instead.

edited July 2015

ValdikSS said: VIA Nano U2250 CPU which is used in Dedibox Kidéchire hangs when running under 64 bit OS. Install 32 bit OS instead.

It does not. All of mine run a 64-bit OS (Debian Wheezy) from day 1, far from idling too. And I'm sure thousands of other servers too. Stop spreading FUD.

There have been reports of someone's Kidechire hanging under load, but that's a hardware problem and in the end I think they got the server replaced. Depending on what kind of problem that is, it is conceivable it could manifest itself less (or not at all) while on a 32-bit OS.

A final note, do you attempt to use the KVM virtualization by any chance? That one yeah, might be a bit iffy, I'd recommend trying it only with a very latest kernel (4.0 or 4.1) and latest KVM/Qemu.

Thanked by 1popu
  • rm_ said: It does not. All of mine run a 64-bit OS (Debian Wheezy) from day 1, far from idling too. And I'm sure thousands of other servers too. Stop spreading FUD.

I have 2 servers both of them hangs with running squid with 64 bit OS. One of the server got replaced and new server has the same issue. It never hangs without squid on any load. There are some information about hangs with running Dovecot on 64 bit os.

http://linuxfr.org/forums/astucesdivers/posts/crashs-linux-64-bit-dovecot-avec-proc-nano-u2250

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/root-server-crash-hunting-down-the-cause-of-the-crash-4175476201/

Nothing in logs, nothing on the tty.

edited July 2015

ValdikSS said: hangs with running squid with 64 bit OS.

I used Squid a lot on my servers, used Dovecot briefly too. No hangs whatsoever. Do you use Debian? Which kernel?

• I've same issue. Support suggested to use 32 bit version.

• tommytommy Member

alexvolk said: I've same issue. Support suggested to use 32 bit version.

I use Debian 64, no probem here.

• i also use debian and centos 64bit, no problem here.

• It's very hard to buy.

• is there a way to buy the 1,99€ dedicated server now just some hobby projects to work on

• @simonindia said:
    is there a way to buy the 1,99€ dedicated server now just some hobby projects to work on

Not for 1.99 it's available at the regular 6euro price with a 512GB disk (instead of the 160GB the special offer ones had)

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • rm_ said: have been reports of someone's Kidechire hanging under load, but that's a hardware problem and in the end I think they got the server replaced

That was me - I had the same hang issue with 64Bit Ubuntu, they replaced the boxes and now it works perfectly fine.

• ValdikSSValdikSS Member
    edited July 2015

@rm_ @William
    I used Debian 7 x86_64, Debian 8 x86_64, Fedora 22 x86_64 with kernels from 3.2 to 4.0. I believe I even got one hang on 32 bit Fedora. Sure it really could be I'm that unlucky that all 3 machines hangs with different setup but still. My squid serves pages for 60000+ people with 40GB HDD cache.

Support recommended me to unload acpi_cpufreq module, but that did things even worse. Lowering frequency helps but the lowest frequency of 800 mHz also hangs. Maybe my machines comes with outdated BIOS or a real hardware issue, I don't know.

With 64 bit kernels the machine hangs every 4-8 hours or so on usual squid load. It never hangs without squid running. It should be noted that squid is usually accessed over SSL port with encryption (https_port).

• @rm_ see this reply from online. I've tried to install 64 bit os and all time it was stuck at "Start dedibox" for days...

Hello,

I invite you to retry with CentOS 7.1 32 bits, because sometimes the 64 bits OS have problem with the automatic installation.

Regards,
    -- 
    Hamza E.
    edited July 2015

alexvolk said: see this reply from online. I've tried to install 64 bit os and all time it was stuck at "Start dedibox" for days...

If you can't even install any 64-bit OS (and you tried different distros and multiple times on different days over e.g. a week), then I'd say that's surely grounds for asking for a server replacement.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited July 2015

I think I run 64 bit Ubuntu on it.

Is there a how-to for running Tor on CentOS with auto updates and padlock support enabled? I am a total CentOS noob and didn't even manage to open the required ports.

(asking for CentOS because it seems to be the only OS that has padlock support built in)

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited July 2015

@ValdikSS said:
    It should be noted that squid is usually accessed over SSL port with encryption (https_port).

I have Squid running in pfSense with HTTPs that I use when on an open wifi network on a machine I can't install my own vpn on, Works quite well but it was a bit of a pain to setup the browser as although they support HTTPs proxies they don't expose the setting.

Out of interest how do you deal with that?

Chrome you can use an extension but firefox seems to need you to point it at a pac.

• dragon2611 said: Out of interest how do you deal with that?

I use PAC file. You can put it on your server and point your browser to it.

• @ValdikSS said:
    I use PAC file. You can put it on your server and point your browser to it.

Excuse me when I go and kick myself for not thinking of that one.

I also need to go and setup squid properly rather than use the pfSense package (done mostly out of lazyness/was in a hurry)

• @dragon2611 actually you can point your browser even to a local file using file:// URI scheme.

• @ValdikSS said:
    dragon2611 actually you can point your browser even to a local file using file:// URI scheme.

Yep done that on firefox to test it, just didn't get around to uploading the Pac to a server, Anyway this is going somewhat off topic.

• How can I offer?

• @karistuck said:
    How can I offer?

Offer what?

edited August 2015

comXyz said: Offer what?

I bet he has a dictionary printed out and posted near his monitor, something like

offer = 他妈的
    buy = 屁股
    VPS = 小便
    server = 掷骰子

and looked into a wrong line.

• @rm_ said:
    and looked into a wrong line.

That's mean but funny.