Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 77
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• anyone reselling?

• hayhayday said: anyone reselling?

$5/Month. PM me if you need :)

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited March 2015

** Warning **

If you outsource this via online.net the person who has access to outsource has no control over billing and can't order new services but online.net WILL allow them to purchase chargeable licenses such as Windows Server (as I found out).

I'm wondering if the person could re-install multiple times and order a new license at 30 euro a pop each time.

Online.net's response was basically tough shit, it's the first real time I needed to make contact with them and does clarify why some people on here think so badly of their support and company as a whole.

I've since cancelled all my services with online.net and suggested clients and friends follow the same process (1.99 euro servers were on a different account to my more expensive ones) in light of lack of support/understanding or generally getting shafted.

I've said I would pay the outstanding server fees as per the original agreement but I will not be paying the license fee added. Balls in their court now, had a nice email suggesting they would be using bailiffs to collect outstanding funds which is not going to happen - is this due to lack of understanding or is it scare tactics - you get this sort of treatment for unpaid rent, council tax, government tax - not for 30 euros to some company.

Personally I'd rather they sold the "debt" onto a 3rd party for 20c in every euro (consideration amount) and I can settle it with them. I used to work within debt management so i'll happily do my best to use up more than 30 euros of their time in wages, etc :)

• I have an account with 4 kidechires i'll sell the account if anyone interested

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

krs360 said: I'm wondering if the person could re-install multiple times and order a new license at 30 euro a pop each time.

One license per server, so no multiple charges.

krs360 said: Online.net's response was basically tough shit, it's the first real time I needed to make contact with them and does clarify why some people on here think so badly of their support and company as a whole.

You aren't allowed to resell this product in the first place, so if you do and have problems, they will not help you. Their support isn't brilliant, but they are not going to pay for your mistakes either.

Thanked by 2deadbeef outime
  • @krs360 said:
    ** Warning **

If you outsource this via online.net the person who has access to outsource has no control over billing and can't order new services but online.net WILL allow them to purchase chargeable licenses such as Windows Server (as I found out).

I'm wondering if the person could re-install multiple times and order a new license at 30 euro a pop each time.

Online.net's response was basically tough shit, it's the first real time I needed to make contact with them and does clarify why some people on here think so badly of their support and company as a whole.

The only one at fault here is you, unless you had an agreement you could outsource with specific terms and THEY broke them.

you get this sort of treatment for unpaid rent, council tax, government tax - not for 30 euros to some company.

What a nerve they have to ask payment for services rendered. Oh the horrors!

• @robohost said:
    I have an account with 4 kidechires i'll sell the account if anyone interested

How much?

• krs360 said: I'm wondering if the person could re-install multiple times and order a new license at 30 euro a pop each time.

I don't think that would work since the 30 euro license is valid for the current month so you'd have grounds to argue if they charged you a 2nd time in that month.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Nyr said: You aren't allowed to resell this product in the first place,

A quote from a support ticket has been posted, where they said that reselling this offer is allowed.

• Ah I see, some piece of mind with only being billed once.

Well the feedback I had from the individual was that the server couldn't even run windows and apparently was installed for two days but was billed for the month anyhow.

Well my feelings are that they should be allowed admin of the server for usual tasks, however should not be able to request licenses that are chargeable.

As for the last post I have it confirmed in ticket that resale was allowed. Not that it made me any money it covered costs and time in all honesty as it was intended to help people here out if they'd missed out on the deal.

• I finally decided to really put one of these kidechire to use. I setup Wheezy, encryption, node.js, apps, etc and it has been working quite well.

Not trying to set any performance records or anything, just tasks that should fit well within its capabilities.

It is a damn good deal at this pricepoint!

Thanks again to @cdejour for the initial heads up in this thread.

Cheers

• Check this page day and night for the next deal. https://console.online.net/en/order/server_limited (maybe tomorrow or next year though...)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

RX bytes:38719590299186 (35.2 TiB) TX bytes:39680618339580 (36.0 TiB) In 50 days

nuff said

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I am going to cancel mine :( would happily give to someone but would have to charge 40€ deposit for windows license + failover IP (which I accidentally ordered previously myself) and "cancellation" without telling me (= suddenly stop paying).

Then charge more than 3EUR/month (I pay VAT, then there are paypal fees...)

So yeah.. too much effort.

• 4n0nx said: give to someone

I am very interested , but do you like to give up your account or only the server? and how to transfer the server ? ;)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

derekyang said: I am very interested , but do you like to give up your account or only the server? and how to transfer the server ? ;)

facepalms You can't transfer the server, only outsource it.

I don't think you are interested in giving a random person on the internet a 40€ deposit

• No i don't but if it comes with account i will consider.
    anyway, if outsource, what price you accept? i dont need windows license as i only need debian OS.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

derekyang said: No i don't but if it comes with account i will consider. anyway, if outsource, what price you accept? i dont need windows license as i only need debian OS.

Ok you didn't read the entire thread it seems.

TL;DR: Server can be "outsourced" to another account, which will then receive abuse notices and be able to reinstall OS etc. However, the other person can order Windows licenses and failover IPs, which will incur charges on the credit card of the actual/original owner of the server.

• Now i got your point :) . kind of headache. should i believe u ? :)

4n0nx said: Ok you didn't read the entire thread it seems.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

derekyang said: should i believe u ? :)

No, don't just take his word for it, read the rest of the thread where the same thing is stated 4,000 fucking times.

Thanked by 34n0nx derekyang wych
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Can't you guys like change profile data on the main account and remove the credit card from it?

Radi said: Can't you guys like change profile data on the main account and remove the credit card from it?

I don't think that's possible. Wanted to change my billing address in the past and you can't without contacting support.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

Radi said: Can't you guys like change profile data on the main account and remove the credit card from it?

The person name and country on the account were made uneditable some time ago, I believe specifically to accommodate for extremely smart people like you.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

But credit card should be removable... What happens if for example it expires? :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Radi said: But credit card should be removable... What happens if for example it expires? :)

It expires and you add a new one?

• Shutdown your server?

@Radi said:
    But credit card should be removable... What happens if for example it expires? :)

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Nyr are you Nyr-the ninja? How come you look too yellow?

@comXyz I was previously a bandit, but got bored and became just a yellow face. Not ninja yet, working on it.

• Guys, did anyone have any problems with Debian Jessie Kernel 3.16? It seems my kidéchire hangs with this kernel with long high CPU loads. There is no kernel panic (I got KVM access twice). Right now it's running 3.2 from Wheezy and didn't hang so far. Could it be hardware issue?

• gongyigongyi Member

@robohost said:
    I have an account with 4 kidechires i'll sell the account if anyone interested

How much ?