Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• ShadeShade Member
    edited August 2014

@jvnadr said:
    Do anyone has any detailed tutorial or instructions on how to enable ipv6 to those boxes (Debian or Ubuntu)?

Use dibbler client, but use the dibbler-client_0.8.2-1_amd64.deb version if you use ubuntu 14.04 - the newest is somewhat broken...

/etc/dibbler/client.conf

duid-type duid-ll
    log-level 8
    iface "eth0" {
    pd
    ia
    option dns-server
    option domain
    }

Create a IPv6 subnet on https://console.online.net/en/network/ create another subnet out of your prefix if you want and edit

/var/lib/dibbler/client-duid

with your DUID and restart dibbler-client.

• @introducial said:
    Oh, why they don't accept debit cards? :( Anyone got a workaround for paying with debit cards? It gives an error when I try to pay :(

they do. I used a master DebitCard and it worked

• damn. i forgot my root password. How can i reset it?

• @introducial I think your CC or DC has to be enable for the extra-layer of security, mastercard and visa uses frequently on their cards

• sumosumo Member

Picked up one, 10 minute deployment.

• let the LEB STORM BEGIN
    well it will last like this for days now

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited August 2014

Online.net deployment is a lot faster than OVH. They deliver the server within minutes instead of months/weeks compare to OVH.

• Damn, they don't like my card. I created an Entropay, but they don't like that one either.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited August 2014

No Paypal available... my day is ruined :(

• Infinity580 said: As shown in a Video 24 of them are connected to a Switch, hopefully a 10Gbit Switch but i think its a 1Gbit.

Likely that these 2EUR deals have more than 24 servers per switch as there is no guaranteed bandwidth.

• @smile93 said:
    Online.net deployment is a lot faster than OVH. They deliver the server within minutes instead of months/weeks compare to OVH.

It takes friggin forever to reinstall the stupid servers on Online.net though. I'd rather have OVH's control panel too.

• @introducial said:
    Oh, why they don't accept debit cards? :( Anyone got a workaround for paying with debit cards? It gives an error when I try to pay :(

I paid with my debit card directly. They asked me for my VISA password.

• They accepted my American Express card for 0,61€ lol

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@netomx dpinst?

• @kcaj said:
    Likely that these 2EUR deals have more than 24 servers per switch as there is no guaranteed bandwidth.

24 per Gbit?

• LexLex Member
    edited August 2014

Just got one, awesome deal!

• @matrixismyname said:
    This might be the most newb question ever, but how do I set my root password? Their panel is so weird for me, it doesn't ask for a root password while installing the os (ubuntu 14.04. Can someone help me? Thanks.

I think it's the administrator password you enter when you install the server

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

infected said: it will last like this for days now

Hold your horses, we don't know how large is their stock actually. Can't be infinite, certainly they won't buy and install new 160 GB HDDs specifically for this offer, it's just a blow-out of older model servers which they already have (and which nobody wants otherwise, now that the standard 9.99 EUR offer comes with a 500GB HDD).

• well, I had to cancel that installation and I'm trying it again.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

@sc754 They only said its a "2960s Switch" in the Video, Cisco says 1Gbit or 10Gbit but which model it exactly is no idea. And 24 of them are connected to one of these switches.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Infinity580 said: They only said its a "2960s Switch" in the Video, Cisco says 1Gbit or 10Gbit but which model it exactly is no idea. And 24 of them are connected to one of these switches.

All of this doesn't mean too much, what matters is what kind of uplink goes out from the whole room.

• wychwych Member

Dedibox kidéchir-Waiting delivery

Damn.

• @wych said:
    Damn.

bought 5 boxes all got delivered under 30minutes so you dont have to wait long

• LexLex Member
    wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  VIA Nano processor U2250 (1.6GHz Capable)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  800.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1983 MB
    Total amount of swap : 976 MB
    System uptime :   38 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 65.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.67MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.6MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.14MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 41.7MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 48.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.46MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.21MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.77MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 21.2MB/s 
    I/O speed :  81.8 MB/s

smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep -e Power_On -e ^194
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   060   060   000    Old_age   Always       -       35741
    194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0022   039   048   000    Old_age   Always       -       39 (0 20 0 0 0)

Oldest HDD around? 4 years and going strong !

• @sepei said:
    bought 5 boxes all got delivered under 30minutes so you dont have to wait long

Unless you're installing Debian :)

• but I'm speaking from delivering and not from os installing ;)

• infectedinfected Member
    edited August 2014

my hdd is 3,5 ..so what stop pussying about hdd age lol just because someone taught you how to read it ..

these seagate drives are not that bad, what do you expect honestly for 2euro?? i mean thats like 3 beer less and you can still get some from your lovely neighbor

• got 2 Seagate and 1 Hitachi, the power on hours of Hitachi is 20694, Seagate are all 3xxxx :p

• TripleflixTripleflix Member
    edited August 2014

Im guessing it takes so long to install debian because we are "all" installing debian and they only have 1 slowish image server available...?

• think I got a rather young drive here:

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 085 085 000 Old_age Always - 13416 194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0022 041 046 000 Old_age Always - 41 (Min/Max 0/62260)

I like that this is a real x86 architecture so you can do almost everything with it. I like those servers so far.