Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting... If only - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting... If only

Comments

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

And he's just been online here..

• @FrankZ said:
    held hostage, sick relative, alien abduction, maybe .... secret government mission?

No Internet access

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Doesn't matter that he came online here now, disappearing for multiple days multiple times is just unacceptable and should not be trusted.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Well, last online 15 minutes ago, so presumably some form of response will be incoming.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Doesn't matter that he came online here now, disappearing for multiple days multiple times is just unacceptable and should not be trusted.

Pretty much that, yes. If you have a business you should be able to keep it running even though you're away. If you can't, you should delegate that work to someone else. I can understand it if someone is gone for like 1 or 2 days due to a traveling (long flights, time zones, etc.) but this is just too much.

I'm guessing we'll be hearing from @GoodHosting soon.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Get the popcorn ready guys!

Thanked by 2netomx alexvolk
  • @rds100 said:
    Let's make a poll then: hospital, holiday, car accident, wife died, was hit by solar flares, what else?

Aliens

• Some things worth noting:

• No services are or were down.
    • Deployments are not automatic (we don't claim this anywhere, we in fact say that deployments are handled manually both in our offers, and in our first reply which generally contains your service information; if you are approved.)

As per your deployment (@OP), the following has been done:

• Your ticket has been replied to (check the ticket for service information)
    • Your initial payment has been refunded (late deployment)
    • You have been given a free month of service.

I'm glad that LowEndCustomers take "deadpool" as the first thought at all times. Our support staff are not allowed to do the deployments, as all initial deployments are manually fraud screened by myself.

I'll be checking in on the other bug reported in this thread and comment shortly.

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • wychwych Member
    edited July 2014

10 days to fraud screen and setup a VPS... Really?

• @wych said:
    10 days to fraud screen and setup a VPS... Really?

Well, this ticket is a bit of a unique one, the customer proceeded to bump it down the ticket line every few hours, (tickets are handled in order of longest running first.) WHMCS has no means to show the "last support reply", only the "last reply" in general; so our techs didn't update it.

But yes, I'm back in Vancouver now and have gone through and processed all pending orders.

• @jvnadr said:
    I don't think that Mr Albino Geek will ever appear again... Put him in the list with Tactical Ian with the personal tragedy, Reece the dedicated mind, Lowend.co What-was-his-real-name-guy, etc.

Similar to OP, the following has been done regarding your deployment:

• Your ticket has been replied to (check the ticket for service information)
    • Your initial payment has been refunded (late deployment)
    • You have been given a free month of service.
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@GoodHosting said:
    I'm glad that LowEndCustomers take "deadpool" as the first thought at all times. Our support staff are not allowed to do the deployments, as all initial deployments are manually fraud screened by myself.

Maybe you should think about giving another staff member permission to do this if you plan to go missing a few more times.

Letting a customer sit for 5-10 days with just 'you will have to wait for someone to get back' replies are not exactly selling your service to anyone.

• This thread was posted on the 13th July. So 5+ days and you think its acceptable?
    If you really have the "extra staff" you talk about, maybe at times when you "go somewhere" you should give them access to certain things so that clients are not kept waiting.

If you are wondering why everyone thought you deadpooled. Thats why :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Wow! Just wow!

• Where were you?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Where were you?

Before July 12th I was in Prince George for two weeks from and including Canada Day.

Sometime on July 12th (late evening) we drove from Prince George to Wells, and arrived early in the AM of July 13th.

Between the days of July 13th, 2014 through July 16th, 2014 I was staying in a wonderful guest house in Wells, British Columbia. A small town of only roughly 100-400 population which stands as a hotel-town for Barkerville, a "historic" town (not so much since the Liberals, but oh well.)

Between the hours of 09:00 AM July 16, 2014 and 01:00 AM July 17, 2014 I was a passenger in a vehicle travelling southbound, then westbound from the Interior of British Columbia. I have returned to the Greater Vancouver Regional District / Fraser Valley now.

The issues addressed in this thread were solved on July 17th late at night (after a good days of rest, purchasing a few accessories and a new screen for my primary workstation, etc).

Today is now July 18th.

I will again point out that:

• Not a single one of our services was down.

I have had issues in the past where some malicious users would ruin the stability of service with rather abusive software, and now choose to manually screen orders to prevent this sort of repeat abuse. The pattern is blatantly obvious to myself, whom has dealt with it before; but not to a computer or to someone who does not speak English fluently.

That being said, it's mainly from two specific countries. If you would all prefer "instant" deployments and a ban on these two countries; then sure, that could be arranged, but otherwise, our current customers (with working services) are happy to have their services working as such.

@jvnadr said:
    Wow! Just wow!

Your service was deployed and your initial payment refunded, as mentioned above. You have a free month of service, and you can decide if you would like to continue it past that time based on the tried and true stability of the services we offer.

Ironically, the services we offer are stabler than our own (as time has also shown) which I previously addressed. We have helped OpenNebula developers with patches to some bugs that have been annoying our clients, such as the "Quota Bug" as others have expressed in this thread, and will continue to push our changes and improvements to the central code base. We will continue to improve our services.

That being said, the services we offer to LowEndTalk are completely unmanaged, and accounts created through our LowEndTalk offers are flagged as such, which has led to some issues that have been brought to my attention in this thread.

I will be changing this system, and hopefully improving the quality and human attention that each request gets, as I do agree that 10 days for a deployment is unacceptable. As such, the customers whom have had these issues have been refunded and had their service delivered; thus with a free month.

An apology goes out to the three customers that were affected by this issue whom came forward in this thread. If any other customers are having any issues, please feel free to contact me or reply here.

Phone: +1 (912) 330-4222

E-Mail: webmaster [at] goodhosting [dot] co

• GallaeahoGallaeaho Member
    edited July 2014

If my invoice was refunded... I've yet to see it in my account.

The claim that I opened with PayPal has already been processed, and they have decided in my favor; funds will be remitted in my currency, to my account, within 7 days. At this point, it can't be cancelled. If you haven't issued the refund yet, then just don't. I'll get it through PayPal.

If your intent was also to provision my service; I've yet to receive the email. But that said, you should openly state that your provisioning is NOT automatic on your site; the automatically generated ticket that we see is definitely not giving us that impression.

• VPNVPN Member

@GoodHosting just leave LET and never come back. Nobody here cares for your words as your staff clearly don't care for our services.

Every time something happens you manage to downplay the whole thing with long posts talking about limitations and excuses that are beyond your control.

Unless you were undergoing major life or death surgery I see no justifiable reason to leave your business in the hands of incompetent fools.

• GallaeahoGallaeaho Member
    edited July 2014

Also, can I just say something, you made a claim that I bumped the ticket every few hours in this thread here, so here are the timestamps from every reply in that ticket, in order:

06/07/2014 23:39

07/07/2014 13:24

09/07/2014 01:34

10/07/2014 04:19 - Your reply

10/07/2014 13:35

13/07/2014 01:24

13/07/2014 09:01 - Your reply

13/07/2014 20:19

14/07/2014 02:29

14/07/2014 14:46

14/07/2014 15:23 - Your reply

18/07/2014 08:54 - The reply today

• @Gallaeaho said:
    If my invoice was refunded... I've yet to see it in my account.

The claim that I opened with PayPal has already been processed, and they have decided in my favor; funds will be remitted in my currency, to my account, within 7 days. At this point, it can't be cancelled. If you haven't issued the refund yet, then just don't. I'll get it through PayPal.

If your intent was also to provision my service; I've yet to receive the email. But that said, you should openly state that your provisioning is NOT automatic on your site; the automatically generated ticket that we see is definitely not giving us that impression.

I accepted the PayPal claim to process the refund (check the dispute log.) As per the service, please check your account; as the ticket created during your registration is where our staff reply with service information.

We do not claim to have automatic provisioning, on the contrary we say that we manually process our orders (even in our offers we say this.)

@VPN said:
    GoodHosting just leave LET and never come back. Nobody here cares for your words as your staff clearly don't care for our services.

I can't "leave LET" as threads like this, and troublemakers like the (now banned (again)) ViCommunications / Boxode keep pulling me back. My words are for the OP and affected customers (the three that posted in this thread including the OP.)

LET isn't a helpdesk, but as long as people keep using it as one, I will have to reply to these threads. As such, I won't be going anywhere until these issues are dealt with.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@GoodHosting said:
    LET isn't a helpdesk, but as long as people keep using it as one, I will have to reply to these threads. As such, I won't be going anywhere until these issues are dealt with.

I guess that makes a change then eh.

I'm kidding, but could you not have made an announcement, or set up an email telling new clients setups are not automatic? Or stating it on your website?

• I think you should get some good mobile broadband!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @iKeyZ said:
    I'm kidding, but could you not have made an announcement, or set up an email telling new clients setups are not automatic? Or stating it on your website?

One of the main problems we are currently working on is that clients are not receiving most of our account related emails at all, which leads to even further confusion regarding deployments like this.

I will revise the site to underline the fact that our deployments are manual though, thank you for the feedback regarding this.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @linuxthefish said:
    I think you should get some good mobile broadband!

I'd need to fix my mobile first, and places like Wells / Barkerville don't even have network coverage (sadly.) Sadly the LG Optimus G2X doesn't last quite as long as I'd hoped it would, company got me with one of those "if you put up with your phone for 3 years, it's free." I've got three months left until I can get a new one (also free.)

• GoodHosting said: and places like Wells / Barkerville don't even have network coverage (sadly.)

And that's the customers fault how? You're the owner of a company, you either work every day or you find someone you can trust to do it for you in your absence.

Your petty excuses "I was out of town for half the month" doesn't fly well, your support staff should rethink their positions within your company because I can only imagine how they feel having to blanket reply to tickets "I'll route this to the albino but he's not home right now".

• @MrObvious said:

And that's the customers fault how? You're the owner of a company, you either work every day or you find someone you can trust to do it for you in your absence.

I never said it was the customers fault, and as such; the customer was both deployed and refunded. The other two customers have had the same treatment in this regards.

• MrObvious said: You're the owner of a company, you either work every day or you find someone you can trust to do it for you in your absence.

Clients, or potential clients, cannot dictate to a business owner how he/she should operate their business. @GoodHosting decides how the business runs, clients decide whether or not to purchase services. GoodHosting probably does need to clarify possible provisioning delays prior to purchase, but other than that he's done nothing wrong IMO.

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • @sleddog said:

Yeah, I could understand all the hate if a service was down... but I'm not quite sure what people like @VPN want when I'm simply replying to the OP and fixing the issue he experienced. We never claimed to have automatic or instant provisioning.

• @GoodHosting said:

>

Instead of banning the two countries, can't you set up automatic deployment, but manual approval and deployment for those two countries only?