Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting... If only - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting... If only

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So @Gallaeaho - did you ever get your VPS?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@raindog308 Me, at least, didn't yet (exactly same case and responses as Gallaeaho).

• W3HostW3Host Member
    edited July 2014

@timnboys said:
    Since this kinda a deployment issue

"Kinda". Slightly unprofessional choice of language, in my opinion. Sounds like how I'd speak to a friend on Skype.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited July 2014

Okay well just got this reply to my ticket:

Hi Timothy,

>

Sadly I have no ETA at this time.

>

Please be aware that it's in the deployment queue. I am sorry but this is all I can do. I will try and get a hold of someone in the department.

>

Best Regards,
    David Pettiford
    Level 3 Support

Did anyone else get this reply to their ticket
    Please tell me if anyone else has got anywhere.

• @timnboys said:
    Okay well just got this reply to my ticket:

Please tell me if anyone else has got anywhere.

Last reply that I got was on the 14th. Nothing since. I'm going to leave my ticket idle for a few days and see what happens.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

timnboys said: Hi Timothy,

Sadly I have no ETA at this time. I have no fucking clue where the GoodHosting owner is.

Please be aware that it's in the deployment queue. I am sorry but this is all I can do. I will try and get a hold GoodHosting as hes not on skype so i don't have a fucking clue what do do.

Backup your servers ASAP

Best Regards, David Pettiford Level 0 Support

Fixed that for you @timnboys

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • GallaeahoGallaeaho Member
    edited July 2014

@AlexanderM said:

We actually don't HAVE our servers yet. Basically, the people complaining in this thread all paid for a service that has yet to be delivered. I've been waiting since July 6th.

(RE: Your "Backup your servers ASAP" comment)

• @AlexanderM said:

Okay did you fix my issue?

That I said I have in the ticket?

If L3 support can't deploy a VPS, what exactly can they do...

Thanked by 2netomx linuxthefish
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

Tell you it's being deployed soon

• FuzzyHostsFuzzyHosts Member
    edited July 2014

@raindog308 said:

Level 3 support should be able to deploy server's maybe they just taking you for a ride :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@AlexanderM said:

LOL @ the image

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

FuzzyHosts said: Level 3 support should be able to deploy server's maybe they just taking you for a ride :)

Fortunately I'm just an amused bystander in this silliness and not a GH customer.

• FuzzyHostsFuzzyHosts Member
    edited July 2014

@raindog308 said:

From what iv seen that could be a good option not to be a GH customer.

• If you haven't got your server after 10 days I'd personally go get my money back.

• @kcaj said:

You need to announce to the world that the polish is waiting for the proverbial turd

• wychwych Member

@mpkossen said:
    If you haven't got your server after 10 days I'd personally go get my money back.

Best response I have seen so far.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

what happened with him? I had a good VPS from him before

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Well i have one opinion based on pricing of services: You cannot sell 1GB KVM / XEN for 3.5 USD and expect to last long. Support costs and paypal fees will take whole profit.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@drserver said:
    Well i have one opinion based on pricing of services: You cannot sell 1GB KVM / XEN for 3.5 USD and expect to last long. Support costs and paypal fees will take whole profit.

In this case there is no support so that makes a small margin.

• @drserver said:

+1

From 100 clients you take $350 - gateway fees - hardware cost - colo cost or rental cost - support = $50 profit? => Deadpool

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

from usd 3.5 after paypal you are having around 3.10.
    for 100 clients he should have 100 gb ram. that node will cost alone leased monthly 200-300 usd with decent disk array to support 100 customers. If he owns hardware monthly leasing will be about same...

I cannot see profits here...

• lazytlazyt Member

Why are they all rushing so hard to get to the deadpool list?

• @mpkossen said:
    If you haven't got your server after 10 days I'd personally go get my money back.

Finally opened my claim with PayPal today after waiting.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ RLT
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited July 2014

Consider it solved for me.

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

timnboys said: I just opened a paypal dispute too and I told him in the dispute either fix this immediately and we can forget this ever happened or give me my entire money back, so hopefully @GoodHosting will finally re-appear after he disappeared off the face of the earth.

I opened a dispute 2 days ago and then, replied to the ticket opened early this week. I got an answer from his support staff (David) that I shouldn't open a duspute, I could just asked for a refund! What a joke! Those guys can not even deploy a vps because they can't find the owner of the company but telling that there are people for refunding?

I don't think that Mr Albino Geek will ever appear again... Put him in the list with Tactical Ian with the personal tragedy, Reece the dedicated mind, Lowend.co What-was-his-real-name-guy, etc.

• FYI: he just appeared on Skype.

• rds100rds100 Member

Let's make a poll then: hospital, holiday, car accident, wife died, was hit by solar flares, what else?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2014

held hostage, sick relative, alien abduction, maybe .... secret government mission?

Thanked by 1netomx