Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting... If only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting... If only

I made the brilliant decision to purchase a GoodHosting VPS recently. I can honestly say that from first interaction, the server was very quiet, didn't use very many resources, and overall I got good quality for the price.

Of course, that's what you'd be expecting from a GoodHosting customer, if they actually got what they paid for.

I actually have yet to receive my GoodHosting VPS (I signed up with them on July 6th, 2014), and to be quite honest, I doubt that I'll get the VPS at this point. I think that it's safe to say at this point that this company is either planning to deadpool, or neglecting their customers.

For the company (if they actually read this): Ticket ID #SUO-9490-PLL that my service was supposedly "auto provisioned". Hah. If only.

Comments

• maybe you should ask for a refund? if they still dont hear chargeback is the last resort since you never got the server in first place

Thanked by 1Amarielle
  • Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited July 2014

@GoodHosting Angry customer posting at midnight, no rest for running a business eh.

• SunnSunn Member

Well then, you made this thread sound as calm as ever considering it's a complaint.

Thanked by 1Gallaeaho
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited July 2014

I am also an customer that didn't get help when they needed it since I have yet to have my quota bug fixed and you know what I deleted my vdc admin group admin account in the process trying to fix what you haven't fixed yet, because I cannot wait over 2 days or more to get my issues fixed. please fix this @GoodHosting you was good during sales but after that you just disappeared and would be lucky to get your tickets answered 2 or more days later, please whether you are still working on that datacenter or not please put your customers first instead of pushing them to the sidelines while you do whatever you do without being quick on responding to help requests(tickets)
    EDIT: Okay well it seems that one of his staff has responded and said sorry for the wait please hold on while I get an update for you.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

Same for me. Maybe @Goodhosting is again on a looooong weekend of vacations to a place that has no internet, phone, electricity or, maybe, even indoor toilets! Who knows? (read this: http://lowendtalk.com/post/quote/30181/Comment_644999)

GoodHosting Member

July 3

Guys, it was Canada Day long weekend. I had decided that I would take a nice ride up to Prince George where a friend has a family property, but apparently I can't step away from a computer for a single day without everything blowing up.

I was participating in Prince George's Canada Day fireworks display, it takes 10+ hours to drive from Vancouver up to Prince George, so I spent most of my car ride without any sort of connectivity. I only just finished running the RJ45 from the copper than Telus ran up here, they're always doing things half assed.

I wasn't reachable during the drive up here, there's not a whole lot of reception between Vancouver and Prince George. If you look on a map, you can see that most of the routes up here have no coverage whatsoever until a certain point, or the small points in which you're in a town.

That being said, my phone doesn't have the SSH keys ( nor an SSH client ) where I could have fixed this on the run, had to wait until I was at a desktop and could sort it out properly.

Five days ago, I asked him about an offer he posted on may that was expired. He opened shortly the offer again for me to purchase the service, it didn't work, I send him a pm and minutes later, he resolved the issue to let me buy it.

Oh, boy, that was quick! I just wanted a cheap kvm with windows trial to make some test about a setup I want to see how will work for me, before I make my selection for a project I am preparing. So, it was nothing critical but I wanted it soon.

I got a support ticket just after my payment, as Gallaeaho did (auto provisioned), but even if server shows as active in client area, there is no ip, no solus or anything similar for managing the box, no specs, no reboots, no boots, no nothing. And I received all the necessary emails (my registration, a welcome note, my invoice), except one: that with the infos about the server (ip, solus etc.)

Opened a ticket (over two days ago without response), pm'd him here (again, over two days has been since then), even post a comment earlier in a thread that he discussed today about how to configure his signature in LET (!!!). Didn't have any luck... Five days since I paid him, but the vps is only active in his brain...

I dunno if he deadpools, but he is surely unprofessional. I don't mind so about my service (well, i'll lose almost 3$ pro-rated, not a big deal) but with this attitude to his job, I don't think anybody here should trust him for anything more than playing, if he has the money to buy servers just for fun.

• If you ever need a cheap Windows VPS go with Winity.io from @serverian.

• erkinerkin Member

Men it's weekend.

• J1021J1021 Member

jvnadr said: but apparently I can't step away from a computer for a single day without everything blowing up.

Unless you've other staff rostered to handle things for your company, ofcourse you fucking can't.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

kcaj said: Unless you've other staff rostered to handle things for your company, ofcourse you fucking can't.

Web hosting is not single shifted business. You need to get staff to cover 3 shifts. At least you +2 people. AFAIK he have staff, he stated that last time when there was some kind of holidays.

• @Goodhosting I'd suggest firing all your "staff" if this is happening again.

• J1021J1021 Member

Boxode said: GoodHosting4Lyf

The industry need some sort of skidde pro to push the limits and put pressure on other companies to buck up their ideas. If only there was someone..

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

@kcaj said:

Coming Soon. <- FUCKING GENIUS RIGHT HERE! Now, stop tweeting about it before you have an actual service up and running, only then you meight have the right to bitch about others their services.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

kcaj said: kcaj

I didn't say that, goodhosting said.

• @Floris said:
    Coming Soon. <- FUCKING GENIUS RIGHT HERE! Now, stop tweeting about it before you have an actual service up and running, only then you meight have the right to bitch about others their services.

Remember, his service is powered by aweasome. He doesn't need to wait.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

The grammar isn't even good.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

eddynetweb said: Remember, his service is powered by aweasome

I prefer Intel but awesome may work well also...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2014

jvnadr said: I can't step away from a computer for a single day without everything blowing up.

I sympathize with that comment, but I learned from day one that the moment you lay down to sleep it's support ticket time in China. A 1-2 man show is totally possible, with dedication and proper alert systems in place. When you show your clients that you're willing to give them your best, they reward you for it, and you feel like it's a job well done even after your 3 hours of sleep.

(Quote kind of makes it look like you said that, I trust anyone reading the thread knows that I quoted you quoting someone else)

Thanked by 3netomx jvnadr Spencer
  • @drserver I believe they're a subsidiary of AMD.

• Hire insomniac support staff.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • Hi Amy,

>

I am sorry for the delay in this deployment.

>

I will have someone to update you shortly.

>

Best Regards,
    Devid Pettiford
    Level 3 Support

I got the above reply to my provisioning ticket early this morning. Looks like things are starting to roll.

The exact same response, name and everything, was made to my ticket three days ago, so I have no idea if "shortly" actually means within the next week... Or month, for that matter.

• FlorisFloris Member

@Gallaeaho said:
    The exact same response, name and everything, was made to my ticket three days ago, so I have no idea if "shortly" actually means within the next week... Or month, for that matter.

I bet year.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • You need to wait for level 20 support to find someone who can provision your order.

• @linuxthefish said:
    You need to wait for level 20 support to find someone who can provision your order.

I can't get past level three... Where do I fight the boss at again?

• W3HostW3Host Member

8 days to set up a VPS? I don't understand some companies.

• lazytlazyt Member

First you have to fight the rare elite that has 15 elite lt's.

• @Gallaeaho Any updates for your ticket?

• @nexmark said:
    Gallaeaho Any updates for your ticket?

Absolutely nothing. I'm starting to believe @Floris.

• StevieStevie Member

Didn't Goodhosting say something like "I will make sure nothing like this happens again blah blah...."

I was considering getting a vps reseller from goodhosting even after that last fiasco.

But I will not get it now, this is just plain unprofessional and irresponsible.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • So, I saw that their live chat was online and I decided to hit it up. Just to make sure they weren't just ignoring me based on my name or IP, I changed both and attempted to initiate the session. The truth is, I'm #1 in queue, and my wait time is supposedly "5 minutes". I've been waiting over 15 now, and I honestly doubt that I'll ever be speaking to someone that can form complete sentences by mashing keys on a keyboard.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

@Gallaeaho Oh, that live chat! You are definitely the #1 in the que, the thing is that in the other side there is nobody. I've been there, too.
    As of the response from their "staff", the same with me: when you wrote this thread (and I responded, too, with my experiance with them), they answered my ticket after 3 days being opened with exactly the same message (it's probably a pre-written response) and, then... nothing again!

It has been 5 days now and the server is not delivered.

Goodhosting seem to be turning into scam, or, going to deadpool soon. People, be careful!

PS: Goodhosting's last login was on Sunday, so, he probably saw the thread (besides that, in Saturday he asked the mods of LET to close another earlier thread about his previous downtime because the problem was sovled...