Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost hacked, data stolen - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost hacked, data stolen

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2014

WebSearchingPro said: 37.187.22.205 - - [23/Jun/2014:18:13:44 -0500] "GET /dump.sql HTTP/1.1" 200 235469939 "-" "Wget/1.13.4 (linux-gnu)"

Edit: nvm, other detectives are way ahead of me.

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    Well, we finally got the GVH SolusVM server booted onto a recovery disk, only /dev /proc /sys remain. So nothing to go on there.

GVH will start restoring from backups shortly.

You work for GVH?

• Jack said: It wasn't me, if it was why would I tell Jonny that the dump.sql was accessible?

If that's the case, why did you download it in the first place? Why were you looking for it?

• BradBrad Member

101 replies in 5 hours?

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    You work for GVH?

No, he's helping them recover their "hacked" services.

• @eddynetweb said:

OK :D They didn't transfer my vps to Chicago before they got hacked :/

• raindog308 said: Why am I not surprised that's an OVH IP.

So there was blackmailing involved?

• Jack said: Because Jonny told me there was a leak, so I started looking on the whmcs install...

I asked WHY you did it. What was the reasoning behind it.

I hope to god for your sake this is all some huge mix up because if it isn't the shit storm that's coming your way will scar you for life, Jack. I shit you not.

• @GVH_Tyjon_Alanoslav said:
    I am @raindog308

@MartinD said:
    I hope to god for your sake this is all some huge mix up because if it isn't the shit storm that's coming your way will scar you for life, Jack. I shit you not.

+1

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@WebSearchingPro was it a dedi or VPS? just wondering if data recovery may be possible.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Yeah I didn't even bother going through a proxy...

But at least creating the nick made @Nekki laugh.

Thanked by 2Nekki Mark_R
  • Jack said: Because Jonny told me that there was a leak, I didn't want it publicly known that I worked for them, the way Jonny deals with some stuff I disagree with.. I wouldn't do this though.

And by downloading the dump it would avoid this being public knowledge how, exactly? I'm also told you told people, publicly, on IRC that you worked for GVH a while back so that's not exactly keeping it private.

• @raindog308 said:
    But at least creating the nick made @Nekki laugh.

Kudos for that. I like to keep @Nekki happy, otherwise he keeps hovering over that ban button for some reason.

Thanked by 2Pwner jvnadr
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited June 2014

Jack said: Because Jonny told me there was a leak, so I started looking on the whmcs install...

The same exact minute the dump was created? You understand how incredibly unlikely that sounds, right?

It's true there's not enough evidence to entirely rule out the possibility of the most coincidental coincidence ever, but come on.

• @WebSearchingPro - I think airing this in public as I mentioned yesterday is a mistake.

You can't make an accusation without real tangible evidence, whilst the server log shows the download and yes I can confirm that there was no gvh.sql download attempted because I examined the log files.

This just inflames what is already an inflamed situation

• eddynetweb said: No, he's helping them recover their "hacked" services.

Why should a professional, established provider like GVH need help with this?

Thanked by 2Mark_R linuxthefish
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    WebSearchingPro was it a dedi or VPS? just wondering if data recovery may be possible.

SSD KVM @ Digitalocean, already tried debugfs to see if there was any possibility, nothing unfortunately which was expected.

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    You work for GVH?

I am helping GVH out to get things figured out.

• petrispetris Member

@Dylan said:
    The same exact minute the dump was created? You understand how incredibly coincidental that sounds, right?

I think the more important question of the day is why the dump was put in a place that was accessible over HTTP for any length of time.

• MartinDMartinD Member
    edited June 2014

MartinD said: Jack said: Because Jonny told me that there was a leak, I didn't want it publicly known that I worked for them, the way Jonny deals with some stuff I disagree with.. I wouldn't do this though.

[MartinD said]: And by downloading the dump it would avoid this being public knowledge how, exactly? I'm also told you told people, publicly, on IRC that you worked for GVH a while back so that's not exactly keeping it private.

Just to be clear, I don't give a toss about GVH here, it's your actions I'm interested in as you well know.

• petris said: I think the more important question of the day is why the dump was put in a place that was accessible over HTTP for any length of time.

The dump was intentionally placed there by someone who gained access to the server if I'm reading this right.

• petrispetris Member

@Boltersdriveer said:
    The dump was intentionally placed there by someone who gained access to the server if I'm reading this right.

Oh, I missed that part apparently. Honestly I'm at the point where I'm just skimming over comments. This whole thing is just ridiculous.

• @MartinD said:
    Just to be clear, I don't give a toss about GVH here, it's your actions I'm interested in as you well know.

I think everybody knew this. I think most people even know his alias.

• jhjh Member

Looking forward to the press release.

• @jhadley said:
    Looking forward to the press release.

Don't get your hopes up.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM Gunter
  • @Jack whether it's true or not, you're the one it seems that drove Jon to "suicide", it is called "attempted manslaughter", hope you get punished by this.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MorningIris said: @Jack whether it's true or not, you're the one it seems that drove Jon to "suicide", it is called "attempted manslaughter", hope you get punished by this.

Get a fucking grip.

• @Nekki your grip is fucking off?

• @MorningIris said:
    Nekki your grip is fucking off?

Guys, calm down, please. Let's just wait for that chat log.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@MorningIris said:
    Nekki your grip is fucking off?

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurnnnnn!!! wait.... what does that even mean?

Thanked by 2netomx perennate
  • Typical chauvinist pig. You do have mothers that use this site you know.

@Nekki said:
    Get a fucking grip.

This discussion has been closed.