Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost hacked, data stolen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost hacked, data stolen

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2014 in General

As the other thread is so massive this fact may have been lost in the 'damn I am not reading 20 pages' for some people.

If you have or had had service with these guys you need to act quickly.

They have not found the source of the breach and seem to be restoring from backups so please, assume your account and VPS will be breached again if it has not been already.

Thanks.

A Concerned Citizen.

Thanked by 3DomainBop RLT Silvenga

Comments

• oh my god :(

• I appreciate your public service announcement, but I was not wanting another gvh thread :p

Thanked by 2awson RLT
  • @ftpit said:
    I appreciate your public service announcement, but I was not wanting another gvh thread :p

(Another Cest Pit)

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited June 2014

Thanks for contributing one more GVH thread, but yes.. data stolen.. they are finding it back..

also @AnthonySmith : Valley -> Value

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Probably the only one that actually affects users so I dont regret posting it.

Thanked by 3netomx VPN switsys
  • Anybody has his income stats ? He claimed to have 500k business

• To be honest, this thread should probably replace the other; as this thread contains the bit that is important for customers to know. [ if we must have GVH threads at all. ]

• wychwych Member

@GreenValueHost reported the hack to the relevant authorities yet?

@wych said:
    GreenValueHost reported the hack to the relevant authorities yet?

I would bet money... that he has not.

• Omg not another one

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • wychwych Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    I would bet money... that he has not.

Me too. In US if unreported the company is liable no?

Shame they got hacked (if they did), but I do have a few ulterior ideas/motives behind the 'hack'.

• cassacassa Member

Whoot! :0

• zionvpszionvps Member
    edited June 2014

i am almost sure someone paid one of the dozens so called admins of gvh for this, not surprised since gvh would be paying their admins not more than $50/month

• Proof?

• @joelgm said:
    Proof?

GVH had claimed that his SolusVM and cPanel [ two separate hosts by the way, one of them RamNode, one of them DigitalOcean ] were both compromised.

This was shortly after a Russian person posted what looks to be Admin Logs of administrators [ with password hashes ] on VPSBoard in a Pastebin.

Neither has been confirmed as real though.

• This thread should be a TL;DR version of the other one, maintained/locked by admins to avoid becoming xxx pages derailment.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @DalComp said:
    This thread should be a TL;DR version of the other one, maintained/locked by admins to avoid becoming xxx pages derailment.

Go to the other thread, go to page 1, locate the first post; and click "Flag" and explain your reasoning and request [to close the thread]. Many of us have already, as I agree with you.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@GoodHosting said:
    Neither has been confirmed as real though.

Does seem it though, see: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/631965/#Comment_631965

• Good point, didn't see that post.

• @serverian claimed this was fabricated

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2014

@mpkossen said:
    serverian claimed this was fabricated

That was sarcasm :)

Updated the post to show the reference: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/631941/#Comment_631941

• Even if the data released was fake, they still fucked up with letting their whmcs AND solusvm get hacked/deleted or whatever.

Accidents do happen, although I think they are trying to cover up what happened, and no clear answers have been given over what actually happened or what data has been released. I'm yet to see a mass email, or even a forum post in that massive topic explaining what the hell is going on in clear simple terms so all clients can see.

For this reason, I think it is very unwise for anyone to even think about hosting with GVH, and I urge anyone with an account there to ask for immediate termination of your account and personal details, even if that means loosing money/services in the process. I don't think some people can even grasp how important personal info is, and to think that most people put down the full name, address, phone number and password to god knows what is a little worrying!

• @linuxthefish said:
    For this reason, I think it is very unwise for anyone to even think about hosting with GVH, and I urge anyone with an account there to ask for immediate termination of your account and personal details, even if that means loosing money/services in the process. I don't think some people can even grasp how important personal info is, and to think that most people put down the full name, address, phone number and password to god knows what is a little worrying!

That won't happen :)

There are like hundreds of people like this particular gentleman here on LET: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/633073/#Comment_633073

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @mpkossen Maybe fix the thread title, since it's the new main GVH thread? @AnthonySmith runs a great service but don't spell much goodz ;) (<3 Anthony)

• @mikeyur said:
    mpkossen Maybe fix the thread title, since it's the new main GVH thread? AnthonySmith runs a great service but don't spell much goodz ;) (<3 Anthony)

Done.

We all <3 Anthony!

Yeah my spelling is horrible, I also type at a billion miles per hour and have one of those huge 19" laptops with the huge tracer pad which makes me type in to the middle of sentences over and over again, so for everything I type I have probably done it 3 times.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Ishaq said:
    AnthonySmith

You forgot 'FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE'

And the beeping sound at the beginning and the end

This discussion has been closed.