Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost hacked, data stolen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost hacked, data stolen

Comments

• @AnthonySmith I just figured you mixed up GreenValueHost and Hudson Valley Host.. easy enough to do.

• I had just ordered that 24 core(to see if it was what they say) plan a few hours prior to them being hacked, wonder if I should ask for a refund.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Setsura said:
    I had just ordered that 24 core(to see if it was what they say) plan a few hours prior to them being hacked, wonder if I should ask for a refund.

you 'wonder' ?

@mikeyur said:
    AnthonySmith I just figured you mixed up GreenValueHost and Hudson Valley Host.. easy enough to do.

Oh right that, no that was not a typo.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    you 'wonder' ?

As in, I wonder if they will be back, and if I was to, if I should even bother asking or just skip to paypal dispute.

While I have been keeping up with events, and am well aware of GVH stunts, I'm still okay with just getting the VPS if it is what it was advertised. I only use unique passwords for websites anyway, so I'm too bothered.

• That thread was about to reach 50k before it was closed.i am sad now :(

• Time to deadpool is near!

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Wasn't true that he made up that other thread? What a moron, the guy's got a good business model there (money-wise) and there just ruining it

• @ftpit said:
    That thread was about to reach 50k before it was closed.i am sad now :(

yeah

that record

• khavkhav Member

GVH is full of kids (e.g Jon) and have pissed off too many people ...sometimes you mess up with the wrong guys

This is what happens :P

I wonder if its a solusvm exploit or just GVH foolishness

Bye GVH........

• @Setsura said:
    I had just ordered that 24 core(to see if it was what they say) plan a few hours prior to them being hacked, wonder if I should ask for a refund.

Paypal dispute or CC chargeback if paid by CC.

• retryretry Member

Another one bites the dust?

• Setsura said: I had just ordered that 24 core(to see if it was what they say) plan a few hours prior to them being hacked, wonder if I should ask for a refund.

What are u waiting for?

If you love your money then

sundaymouse said: Paypal dispute or CC chargeback if paid by CC.

• LeeLee Veteran

GVH have won a watch here, now they are banned they no longer need to reply.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Play with fire, get burned with fire

Seem's really applicable to GVH

• LESLES Member

• They were on a slippery slope, something was bound to go wrong.

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

Banning them just gave them a reason to not respond to clients or anyone else involved.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Jonnie says ‘no way’ (as he has many times).

“[...] we're not going to give up and deadpool or sell out. ”— Jon Nguyen, GreenValueHost, 02-23-2014

Hope nobody has any important / mission critical site with these guys.

@serverboss said:
    Time to deadpool is near!

• wychwych Member

WHMCS is back on.

• wych said: Banning them just gave them a reason to not respond to clients or anyone else involved.

That's what WHT is for

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • cassacassa Member

@wych said:
    WHMCS is back on.

Until SSL is back I won't login.

Thanked by 1souen
  • I wonder if people reissue SSL certs if their boxes are owned. I sure hope so.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Makenai
  • @jack - When I was helping Jon find out who wiped his servers, this interesting tidbit came up in the only logs that weren't deleted.

37.187.22.205 - - [23/Jun/2014:18:13:44 -0500] "GET /dump.sql HTTP/1.1" 200 235469939 "-" "Wget/1.13.4 (linux-gnu)"

You know that dump was made shortly before you tried grabbing it? (timezone offset)

Jun 23 19:13 dump.sql

I'm sure an explanation is in order. Why are you running around with a copy of GVH's database as you are no longer an employee?

Jun 23 19:20 .bash_history

The "Hacker" exited the server shortly after too. Exit command updated the .bash_history modify date. There's a few. Thankfully they logged out before the rm got too far. :)

ps aux
    w
    exit
    ps aux
    w
    last
    w
    history
    exit
    rm -rf /*
    cd /
    ls
    rm -rf *
    ls
    w
    df -h
    df
    dd
    w
    history
    cd /bin
    ls
    exit

I'd like to know why @Jack was floating around in there in the first place.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    GVH have won a watch here, now they are banned they no longer need to reply.

@GVH_Tyler (don't know his alias) and @ksudebi still represent GVH here for the backlash of the hack. Jonny is the one that has been banned.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • So within 30 seconds of the dump being created, you were able to grab it? Just randomly guess "dump.sql" on the subdomain?

From the Skype convo before, you claimed to have tried "gvh.sql", however that was not in the log.

You must be one well timed person. The dump's creation date appears to be after the post was made no?

sigh..... really @Jack .... just.....

• @Jack so you caused all these "Leak"?

• wychwych Member

How is Jack linked to 37.187.22.205 ?

• cassacassa Member

@wych said:
    How is Jack linked to 37.187.22.205 ?

rDNS = septhon.us, whois septhon.us = Jack Septhon

This discussion has been closed.