Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member

MannDude said: Matching IPs?

maybe under NAT !? :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2014

@black said:
    I don't think CC has anything to do with Jon's tactics, as Jon has advertised and bragged they were not using CC, to net some CC hating customers.

Be a fucking ninja move though, wouldn't it; go to non CC locations to get the customers in, then move back to CC where the plans are actually viable due to 'technical issues'.

Edit:

Were @alanromano's AcclaimedHost at 100% CC shop?

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited June 2014

Nekki said: Were @alanromano's AcclaimedHost at 100% CC shop?

From a cursory glance it looks like it. Their initial location was Buffalo and while he said that they'd be moving to non-CC location in LA, their website seems to trace into ColoCrossing at LA.

Also, UGVPS was in Lenoir for a while, so..

• blackblack Member

@Nekki said:
    Be a fucking ninja move though, wouldn't it; go to non CC locations to get the customers in, then move back to CC where the plans are actually viable due to 'technical issues'.

It would be, but it'd be a huge blow to GVH. For one, they're going to ask CC haters to use CC, which means paypal disputes / cancellations / overall more bashing for GVH.

• GunterGunter Member

@Nekki said:
    Were alanromano's AcclaimedHost at 100% CC shop?

OVH too now.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Be a fucking ninja move though, wouldn't it; go to non CC locations to get the customers in, then move back to CC where the plans are actually viable due to 'technical issues'.

Ninja move indeed, but in this case, definitely not true.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited June 2014

@ksubedi said:
    We did email clients with the exact time the renumbering is going to happen so they don't have to keep checking.

Yes, we do. Since I didn't know the new IP beforehand, I have to keep refreshing SolusVM up to the moment the new IP appears. I'd then have to very rapidly change DNS records to limit the downtime.

@Nekki said:
    Indeed.

There's even a third account with that IP, though it seems dormant.

@MannDude said:
    Just curious what the level of certainty is that they're the same person.

They are domestic IPs (Comcast).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Ninja move indeed, but in this case, definitely not true.

How do you know, Mr Biloh? I thought GVH were just a customer of yours, I didn't know you had any insight into their management and strategy.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

mpkossen said: They are domestic IPs (Comcast).

Thanks for you and @Nekki's honesty/transparency.

So, @GreenValueHost / @GVH_Jaroslav / @alanromano... Sup?

• GunterGunter Member

So acclaimed host isn't legit?

That's a bit disappointing.

• @colm great job.

• PwnerPwner Member

I still don't get why CC haters come to a CC owned and operated forum...

• colm said: The Acclaimed Host team seem to be models...

Goodness. That isn't the most professional way to put yourself on the internet if you own a hosting company.

• BellaBella Member
    edited June 2014

@Pwner said:
    I still don't get why CC haters come to a CC owned and operated forum...

Because there aren't really any other sites like LET.

• Pwner said: I still don't get why CC haters come to a CC owned and operated forum...

Because some people were here before it was a ColoCrossing O&O?

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • wychwych Member

Interesting.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2014

I haven't read the thread but:

said: s dedicated to turning GreenValueHost into a quality, stable, and reputable company

literally means that GVH was to date neither quality nor stable nor reputable

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd said:

I thought we all knew this by now?

• matthewvz said: I thought we all knew this by now?

We all do, but it's interesting to hear it coming from GVH's COO (?)

• LeeLee Veteran

My words for this thread.

Smoke, Mirrors, Fail, Again.

Thanked by 1PremiumN
  • Honestly it's a fad. Jon still runs the show, and this is just another coverup for the fact that they are having "difficulties" and therefore "need" to move to CC. This, of course, is a croc of shit.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited June 2014

GVH=CC. Always has been.

• blackblack Member

@Linkking said:
    GVH=CC. Always has been.

And what evidence do you have to support this?

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited June 2014

Negative publicity increases brand awareness, a brand might also consider undertaking potentially controversial moves to increase their visibility. If a risky tactic gets a bad response, the attention might nevertheless increase product recognition and ultimately boost sales. source

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@Pwner said:
    What ever happened to the forums dedicated specifically for GVH anyways?

GVHTalk.com - Had a few new signups recently ;)

Its also getting neg SEO'd by someone to try and get it out of Google ( http://gvhtalk.com/discussion/22/blackhat-spamseo-towards-gvhtalk-com ).

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited June 2014

On a somewhat-related note: Figured out my connection issues with GVH Seattle.

All IPs are tunneled through CC Buffalo so.. I'm guessing that's where the congestion is.

Quite possible that I was never in Seattle, despite being on "SeattleNode1":

traceroute to google.com (173.194.33.38), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 host.colocrossing.com (23.94.74.2) 0.021 ms 0.007 ms 0.006 ms 2 g2-33.rtr3.lw.netriver.net (69.46.34.17) 71.963 ms 72.193 ms 72.181 ms 3 br2.te1-0-0.lw.netriver.net (69.46.33.218) 71.820 ms 71.813 ms 71.803 ms 4 cr1-nr-g1-1.bb.spectrumnet.us (216.243.26.229) 72.757 ms 72.996 ms 72.985 ms 5 cr2-sea-b-te-0-1-0-18.bb.spectrumnet.us (174.127.141.57) 72.814 ms 72.805 ms 73.018 ms 6 google-peer-sea-spectrum-1.1e100.net (216.243.15.202) 72.267 ms 109.645 ms 109.637 ms 7 209.85.249.34 (209.85.249.34) 109.502 ms * * 8 sea09s02-in-f6.1e100.net (173.194.33.38) 85.611 ms * *

@GreenValueHost @GVH_Jaroslav - Can I trade in my 3 tunneled IPs for 1 non-tunneled?

• gsrdgrdghd said: literally means that GVH was to date neither quality nor stable nor reputable

None of which are wrong, or a surprise to anyone -- if you think about it. :P

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2014

Linkking said: GVH=CC. Always has been.

TBH that doesn't make any sense. If CC wanted a lowend undercover brand, they probably wouldn't select a 16 years old to run it. It is much more likely that they'd select a winning shoe salesman to do so

This discussion has been closed.