Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@GVH_Jaroslav said:
    You hit the nail on the head. This is on its way out.

Great to hear. This way of speaking to people is an unfortunate reality that some companies have to accept, never something to be desired. Look forward to what's ahead for you guys.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

This is getting ridiculous. Please stop the GVH threads. This is like some kids' game spilling over into an actual business environment.

• -----> SINCE WHEN DID JONNY AND THE CRACKPOT CREW NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE THE COMPANY NAME PROPERLY? Someone else wrote this email. Notice the spaces...

I could not stop laughing at this. Valid point though.

• Let's just give a new guy a chance, @GVH_Jaroslav seems to be trying very hard to get a grip on sinking ship, rather than throwing people overboard, give'em a chance, somebody may enjoy this kind of pricing and spec. We'll see...

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

So how long till we find out that CC now owns this joke of a provider? Or is it that GVH has wasted away all its capital and now has no choice but to go back to the bottom of the CC barrel for the tail clipping to get by? Otherwise I find it absolutely silly (and hypocritical) that you guys did this whole "we are moving away from CC" campaign and are now moving everything back. Pretty sad that to survive you have had to become hypocrites, based on everything Jon said 'wouldn't happen', it seems that the exact opposite seems to be happening.

Also, the fact that you guys ran another 'retarded' sale and didn't even have the ip addresses to provision the accounts you sold, is HILARIOUS.

@GVH_Jaroslav How about your new advertising approach is " DO NOT ADVERTISE OR MAKE ANY THREADS ON LET FOR 3 MONTHS UNTIL YOU FIX THINGS". That way when you come back we can at least try to take seriously that you have 'really' been trying to 'change' things, instead of the never ending joke that currently exists as your 'reputation'.

Cheers!

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2014

@MorningIris said:
    Let's just give a new guy a chance, GVH_Jaroslav seems to be trying very hard to get a grip on sinking ship, rather than throwing people overboard, give'em a chance, somebody may enjoy this kind of pricing and spec. We'll see...

I'm not sure if you are following what's going on.

We have discovered a bug in our provisioning system which is causing same IP addresses to be assigned to multiple VPSes. In order to fix the virtual machines that have been affected by this, we are going to do an emergency renumbering of IP's in the following nodes : LA6, CH1EMERG, AMS1NEW at 10PM MST June 22. We are sorry that we could not give a longer notice about this. Your new IP's will be listed on your VPS Control Panel as soon as the renumbering is done. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank You
    Green Value Host 

This is written by @GVH_Jaroslav. It's his first "fix". How many issues do you see with it?

Let's count:

• <24 hour notice for an IP change
    • Not telling the IP beforehand
    • Asking the clients to check their SolusVM regularly to get to know their new IP

Is this the right way of doing a IP renumbering?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

/me puts tinfoil hat on

• serverian said: This is written by @GVH_Jaroslav. It's his first "fix". How many issues do you see with it?

That is not correct @severian. This was still under old management. Please do not try to add fuel to the fire.

• @GVH_Jaroslav said:
    That is not correct severian. This was still under old management. Please do not try to add fuel to the fire.

This message is sent 9 hours ago. You were not in the team 9 hours ago? You just "joined" out of nowhere?

• serverian said: This message is sent 9 hours ago. You were not in the team 9 hours ago? You just "joined" out of nowhere?

@severian I was on the team 9 hours ago but kindly understand that I previously did not have the power to fix things that I do now.

• @GVH_Jaroslav said:
    severian I was on the team 9 hours ago but kindly understand that I previously did not have the power to fix things that I do now.

Oh, you do now? Tell people their new IPs and release their pain of refreshing solusvm every 5 minutes to know their new IP then?

Thanked by 2darkshire luissousa
  • @GVH_Jaroslav said:
    severian I was on the team 9 hours ago but kindly understand that I previously did not have the power to fix things that I do now.

What capacity did you have 9 hours ago @ GVH though. I've never seen or heard any reference of you. I'd be interested to see how GVH got a seasoned hosting veteran from seemingly no-where.

• WebSearchingPro said: What capacity did you have 9 hours ago @ GVH though. I've never seen or heard any reference of you. I'd be interested to see how GVH got a seasoned hosting veteran from seemingly no-where.

I answered tickets here and there. I'm currently running the helpdesk and working on the late server provisioning.

• @serverian said:

We did email clients with the exact time the renumbering is going to happen so they don't have to keep checking.

• Sounds like it's going to be a late one, hope there's no school tomorrow.

Thanked by 2darkshire TheCTS
  • @ksubedi said:
    We did email clients with the exact time the renumbering is going to happen so they don't have to keep checking.

What's keeping you from not telling their new IPs beforehand?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

serverian said: What's keeping you from not telling their new IPs beforehand?

cuz there's bug preventing them from doing so

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

i heard the CC bug has been going 'roun recently

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @serverian said:

Even though this is something that we need to get done as soon as possible, we were giving the customers some time to be aware that we are going to do that. Not everyone checks their emails right away.

• Can we please /thread ? I'm tired of this topic already.

Thanked by 2daxterfellowes AlexU
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

GoodHosting said: Can we please /thread ? I'm tired of this topic already.

but it's just getting started...

if you're tired of the topic you shouldn't have opened it and replied

• @GoodHosting said:
    Can we please /thread ? I'm tired of this topic already.

then leave the thread and dont read it ?

• @GoodHosting said:
    Can we please /thread ? I'm tired of this topic already.

You don't have to read every thread. That's the beauty of a PC mouse, you can either click or not click.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @ksubedi said:
    Even though this is something that we need to get done as soon as possible, we were giving the customers some time to be aware that we are going to do that. Not everyone checks their emails right away.

For the record, this is an answer to my question, "What's keeping you from not telling their new IPs beforehand?"

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • My point isn't this thread in specific, but the fact that every small change in GVH has to have an announcement here on LowEndTalk. Note how the previous threads were closed for being offtopic to LowEndTalk, this thread is pretty similar.

• Who's got the onions!?!?!? Is it feels day or something!!!???

• @GoodHosting said:
    My point isn't this thread in specific, but the fact that every small change in GVH has to have an announcement here on LowEndTalk. Note how the previous threads were closed for being offtopic to LowEndTalk, this thread is pretty similar.

pretty sure this thread is on topic and will remain so; however your comments are threatening to veer it off course.

Thanked by 1Epidrive
  • StevieStevie Member

Is there proof that Jon was really replaced by someone else?

Could this new COO be Jon's multiple personality?

GVH should just refund all customers and just dead pool already, This post seems alot like jon's previous "I am sorry threads" and those failed every time.

• I agree with GoodHosting. It's just noise. Although I do have half a dozen nodes with this company, this announcement has very little meaning to me. If it deadpools I'm sure they own a clown suit or a different pseudonym to start up a new business elsewhere, otherwise, business as usual.

• yywudiyywudi Member

I order the GVH vps just because of the "not colocrossing network" in LA, so if you relocate all your us server to CC, can i quit and ask for refund for my service?

Thanked by 1darkshire
This discussion has been closed.