Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks UK attacker! We are withdrawing from the UK - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thanks UK attacker! We are withdrawing from the UK

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member

You know? The sad part was I was hoping @serverian could break this curse. If anyone has been able to successfully run a great service, it's him with Nodisto. It is disappointing that yet again some ***hole managed to ruin an opportunity for people to have competitive prices in the UK, all because someone doesn't want to share his monopoly.

To serverian:

Man, it was a good try. If anyone would have been able to do it, it would have been you. Unfortunately, someone has to go and ruin it for everyone. Don't let this piece of crap let you down, you'll provide a way better service and have a larger customer base than he can ever dream of. :)

Thanked by 2Maounique Noerman
  • MakenaiMakenai Member

Big Boohoo to all the people who claimed it's HTTPZoom doing. How low can this bashing without any proven evidence get... I wouldn't mind if you had evidence, but if the only evidence you have is "They are the only ones who didn't get hit" I would be sincerely thankful for shutting up.

• Makenai said: Big Boohoo to all the people who claimed it's HTTPZoom doing. How low can this bashing without any proven evidence get... I wouldn't mind if you had evidence, but if the only evidence you have is "They are the only ones who didn't get hit" I would be sincerely thankful for shutting up.

Look at who is making those accusations though (and pointing out that they are only accusations). It may not be HTTPZoom but the fact they didn't answer last time doesn't exactly speak to their innocence.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

What is criteria of being attacked in the UK? There are several UK hosts being featured in LEB

Thanked by 2lelewku Spirit
  • lelewkulelewku Member

so httpzoom has an infinity beyond unlimited ddos protection that makes them the only one in offering low end vps that is not being attacked by whoever behind this ddos attack.

• wychwych Member

@jcaleb said:
    What is criteria of being attacked in the UK? There are several UK hosts being featured in LEB

You sell services in the UK and post an offer.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jcaleb said:

The criteria seems to be posting a UK-based offer - it used to be whenever a LEB offer went up, but that seems to have shifted to LET offers, even if they're 'unofficial' as @Severian's was.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Would be awkward if someone attacked HTTPZoom :)

• RalliasRallias Member

That doesn't follow the extant pattern of attacks.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@wych @Nekki so guys like xenvz got affected too?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

jcaleb said: @wych @Nekki so guys like xenvz got affected too?

Yeah, although I think OpenITC (XenVZ's gone as a brand now) are better equipped to take this sort of thing than other UK-based hosts, I think they have their own facilities.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @Makenai said:
    Big Boohoo to all the people who claimed it's HTTPZoom doing. How low can this bashing without any proven evidence get... I wouldn't mind if you had evidence, but if the only evidence you have is "They are the only ones who didn't get hit" I would be sincerely thankful for shutting up.

I thought bashing without tangible evidence was LET's style? At least it is in certain scenarios.

I don't know if they're the only ones that didn't get hit. I'm curios to see it Vultr gets hit as well, as they're also in the LowEnd price-range in the UK,

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @serverian, are you pulling UK Backupsy plans too? Ironically I am on a train to London to meet MPServ London provider.. luckily we only sell gameservers there..

• @serverian said:

Please stop the attacks so our current clients can have the service they paid for.

All UK VPSDime services will be migrated to the Netherlands. You can have your UK.

Sorry to hear this, we needed more LEBes in the UK, but it's probably not viable for you with the DDoS and the wrath of the DC.

Does this exisiting UK clients will be migrated to NL, or will they stay in UK?

• GunterGunter Member

asterisk14 said: Does this exisiting UK clients will be migrated to NL

Migrated.

• GaNiGaNi Member

@Jono20201 said:
    serverian, are you pulling UK Backupsy plans too? Ironically I am on a train to London to meet MPServ London provider.. luckily we only sell gameservers there..

gameservers? GG!

• kerouackerouac Member

F the UK, no need to host in that US wannabe.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • @kerouac said:
    F the UK, no need to host in that US wannabe.

Fuck you, you're just jealous USA suck! >:(

• NekkiNekki Veteran

kerouac said: F the UK, no need to host in that US wannabe.

That is very unbalanced view, young man.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

Which DC @serverian?

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member

What NL DC do you have in mind, if any @serverian?

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    That is very unbalanced view, young man.

Very.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Never Give Up!!

Do or Die

• NekkiNekki Veteran

DewlanceVPS said: Never Give Up!!

Do or Die

Pretty sure selling VPS plans in the UK isn't something worth dying for, although I applaud your ridiculous enthusiasm for the cause.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • LeeLee Veteran

Not a difficult strategy to cause issues in the UK more than other areas. The only affordable data centres in the UK for the Lowend market do not have any or affordable DDoS protection and they have little tolerance for the VPS provider who only has 1 or 2 nodes, why should they have. So focus on them and it’s an easy win from an attackers point of view.

As I have said all along and will continue, if it was a provider then there is little to no benefit unless you can be sure of picking up the business. Of course it could still be a provider who is just playing games but equally it could also be an individual getting kicks out of it because of the airtime he/she is getting here on LET, albeit anonymously.

The simplicity in getting providers to move is in my view the key driver for the person to continue doing it.

But of course this is LET, what do we do when there is no evidence or proof? That’s right lets continue to name providers for the hell of it and consider them to blame unless they come running here and deny it. Because if they don’t they must be guilty.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

And if they come, they are grilled over it and still believed to be guilty.
    However, in a few cases you can read between the lines.
    Bottom of line, UK is too expensive, the few cheap DCs have to cut corners to maintain their prices and dont want trouble, this is why attacking them is so easy.

• Anyone got plans for a lowenddc in the UK?

• J1021J1021 Member

There are still low-end providers out such as minivps.co.uk

• wychwych Member

@1e10 said:
    There are still low-end providers out such as minivps.co.uk

They the guys that did the "free VPS"?

This discussion has been closed.