Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks UK attacker! We are withdrawing from the UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thanks UK attacker! We are withdrawing from the UK

Okay, you win. We are not going to sell any more UK services. You have my word.

Please stop the attacks so our current clients can have the service they paid for.

All UK VPSDime services will be migrated to the Netherlands. You can have your UK.

Comments

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Who is that piece of shit? Any traces or evidences?

• wojonswojons Member

I was about to order a UK one also :(

• @wojons said:
    I was about to order a UK one also :(

Order from HTTPZoom. I heard they are great.

• damn

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

@Amitz said:
    Who is that piece of shit? Any traces or evidences?

I don't think there's any solid proof but there is a lot pointing to certain somebodies (ahem Zoom), if only there was clear evidence on who that bunch of low lives are..

Really is sad people have to stoop that low. :-(

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@serverian If your claim is true, this is mafia practices... And if I remember well, there were several attacks to other providers last year, probably to make them move from UK. Well, what if this practice starts to other locations like NL or other european country? Sad...

• Pulled the UK location from the website and order forms. All is set. Mission accomplished.

• @serverian said:
    Pulled the UK location from the website and order forms. All is set. Mission accomplished.

has it stopped since posting on LET?

• Whoever is doing this is an idiot and won't get away with it forever. Eventually they're gong to get caught and fuck up their life and their business over some petty crap.

I dunno, maybe all of you affected should pool your evidence and start mounting a legal complaint together. Enough is enough now.

• eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited May 2014

Why let them win? They're having fun, and you're feeding them, no?

Edit: spelling

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

eric1212 said: Why let them win? They're having fun, and you're feeding them, no?

Well it does cost $$ to defend against them

• @Fliphost said:

What happens if they do this in all of your other locations next?

• Fliphost said: Well it does cost $$ to defend against them

If you all work together though along with your DCs surely something can be done? The attacks are illegal, the anti-competitiveness is illegal, it's been prolonged over months, it's impacting your business and your company and it's starting now to mess with the hosting industry in general in the UK.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of banding together but you know, at this point it's totally fucked.

I know you're reading this attacker and you're a pathetic fuck.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

eric1212 said: What happens if they do this in all of your other locations next?

If I recall correctly from the previous UK attacks the cost of protection from the DC was extremely high and it was either buy that or the DC wanted them gone.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

DDoS is big business, both attackers and defenders are making money, so it is here to stay, even though some might get caught from time to time, since penalty is mostly nil, it will continue.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm curious what the scale of the attack is and what it costs to defend.

Sorry to hear @serverian - not involved/interested in the UK market personally, but freedom to compete should be everywhere.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

It depends what you charge them with, @Maounique. The United Kingdom (and most countries) have anti-competition laws which are certainly seen as more serious. That's going to be tough to prove and finance though.

edit: I don't think @servian was necessarily wrong to withdraw either, it's just disappointing. Who's next?

• Why is everyone blaming HTTPZoom? They seem like ok provider :(

• @linuxthefish said:
    Why is everyone blaming HTTPZoom? They seem like ok provider :(

Maybe they're the only company who didn't get DDoS'd?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

hostnoob said: Maybe they're the only company who didn't get DDoS'd?

• eric1212 said: What happens if they do this in all of your other locations next?

serverian would just "withdraw" without a fight

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @vampireJ said:
    serverian would just "withdraw" without a fight

Fight who?

Ghost in the wires :(

• dobuzdobuz Member

@serverian, sorry to hear this. I was just thinking like what @eric1212 said, what if they target all of your available location? are you withdrawing all of them too and out of business?

To others, there is nothing we could do to protect our servers or uplink DC? Can't cloudflare or prolexic provide any solutions?

• @dobuz said:
    serverian, sorry to hear this. I was just thinking like what eric1212 said, what if they target all of your available location? are you withdrawing all of them too and out of business?

To others, there is nothing we could do to protect our servers or uplink DC? Can't cloudflare or prolexic provide any solutions?

This is happening only for the UK.

You have no data to go with. You have no visible target to go for. It's this easy to ruin a service. This happened to many people in the UK, every single one of them moved or stopped advertising on LET/LEB. It's not targeted directly at us.

There is no solution.

If you think you have a solution, then go for it. I'll finance your company.

dobuz said: To others, there is nothing we could do to protect our servers or uplink DC? Can't cloudflare or prolexic provide any solutions?

I'm guessing that the attacker knows both the web site of the hosting company as well as the IP ranges it assigns to VMs. Protecting a web site with cloudflare is one thing (depending on size of attack)...protecting every customer would likely be expensive.

But I'm completely speculating.

• serverian said: If you think you have a solution, then go for it. I'll finance your company.

It's happening all over the Uk though, right? You'd think the data centres with more swing and money would have tried to do something about it by now. The LEB market may not be huge but it's big enough for them to feel it if everyone pulls out.

Just offer IPv6 only products for now :)

This discussion has been closed.