Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting.co Provider Legit or Going Under? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting.co Provider Legit or Going Under?

Comments

• So wait, @GoodHosting, are you colocating or just renting hardware from @LowEnd via @DimeNOC_Dennis (HostDime)?

• joshinjoshin Member

LET needs theme music for these soap operas.

Thanked by 3Inglar mpkossen VPN
  • @eddynetweb said:
    So wait, GoodHosting, are you colocating or just renting hardware from LowEnd via DimeNOC_Dennis (HostDime)?

I was renting servers with @LowEND from HostDime . It was a joint effort . Manny was aware of my involvement in the account, as I was an authorized contact .

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@LowEND said:
    AlexanderM - One of my staff members at the time had informed Damon incorrectly. At the time I was not aware of this and since then I have started to review that ticket.

Keep in mind that we did receive a abuse report on Damon and my staff member has read it completely wrong.

If he's inadequate to read an email, I Certinly wouldn't trust him behind a server.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • eddynetweb said: So wait, @GoodHosting, are you colocating or just renting hardware from @LowEnd via @DimeNOC_Dennis (HostDime)?

This is what looks like for now

• soulchiefsoulchief Member
    edited May 2014

@AlexanderM said:
    If he's inadequate to read an email, I Certinly wouldn't trust him behind a server.

Why? People make mistakes and miss-read things all the time, and who says this guy is a native English speaker? You can manage a server without knowing English. Plus the guy could just be customer support, not technical support.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • LowENDLowEND Member

@AlexanderM - He will be dealt with accordingly.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

@soulchief said:
    Why? People make mistakes and miss-read things all the time, and who says this guy is a native English speaker? You can manage a server without knowing English. Plus the guy could just be customer support, not technical support.

If someone was to receive an abuse report and think it's from the US Goverment about an ip that hacked some shit, don't you think you'd double check the email? That's Certinly not your standard abuse report email.

Edit: I'm not bashing @LowEnd

• LowENDLowEND Member

@AlexanderM - I completely agree.

• soulchiefsoulchief Member
    edited May 2014

@AlexanderM said:
    If someone was to receive an abuse report and think it's from the US Goverment about an ip that hacked some shit, don't you think you'd double check the email, that's Certinly not your standard abuse report

No one knows (other then LowEND) what exactly the email said (or if it was an authentic email), so we can't make assumptions about it and then say things about the employee based on those assumptions.

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • @serverian said:
    Direct Account > Resold Account > Joint Account

Here is the real kicker: @LowEND's previous IP address (like a month ago) matches the IP of the person that @GoodHosting said was the old HardCloud when his account was hacked. This would mean @LowEND is actually the old HardCloud.

I noted this in the staff section some weeks ago.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • So... @LowEND owns HardCloud and sells the business to @GoodHosting... then @LowEND starts leasing servers to @GoodHosting?

I think it stinks too but just trying to get the official story straight...

@mpkossen, any US government IPs logged? ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ban'em all, @mpkossen.

• LowENDLowEND Member

@mpkossen - That's incorrect. I have never owned HardCloud but I have worked for Mitchell in the past.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

@mpkossen said:
    I noted this in the staff section some weeks ago.

@GarnetNetworks was registered by me, and used (96.48.123.60) as I was doing their SEO at the time. When I stopped doing their SEO, I surrendered the account. @LowEND is Michael's account; from a different range in Australia than @HardCloud was.

The confusion lies in the fact that while HardCloud was a joint venture, all three of us were using the account to keep on top of customer responses and damage control threads at the time I became involved.

Mitchel != Michael != Damon ; albeit on the internet it's not the easiest thing to prove to some people. I still access my account (and my account only) from a range not dissimilar from the range posted above (last two octets changed about six months back.)

I have also from time to time logged in to this account from my secondary provider, Telus; whom has a dynamic IP allocation { again, on this account alone. }

I have never logged in to @LowEND .

Welp; that's confusing enough for one day. We'll be waiting until Tuesday for a proper response from HostDime given the weekend + holiday I'd expect, so I won't have my hopes up until then.

• c0yc0y Member

Man, I could make an entire soap from low end drama for a degree in video production lol

• DavidxDavidx Member

@GoodHosting said:
    Welp; that's confusing enough for one day. We'll be waiting until Tuesday for a proper response from HostDime given the weekend + holiday I'd expect, so I won't have my hopes up until then.

Who's in your profile pic?

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • PeroniPeroni Member

@David_P said:
    Who's in your profile pic?

Looks like some albino... lol

• GoodHosting said: Welp; that's confusing enough for one day. We'll be waiting until Tuesday for a proper response from HostDime given the weekend + holiday I'd expect, so I won't have my hopes up until then.

So at least three more days of downtime then. Nice.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

GoodHosting said: Seems you missed a few pages of the party. I've been run up to date with the account owner, my provider; as named above ( again, technically a joint account, hence a lot of confusion here. ) I'm staring at CORE now and can see the mess the account was left in.

I read all pages. Up until I replied you made it sound like you and lowend had a joint account, but still were not a customer of Hostdime.

Now it appears that you are a customer of Lowend and they are a customer of Hostdime.

But anyways, I wish a swift resolution for you and your customers.

• FZhangFZhang Member

While I'm alittle saddened that I'm bringing a downlight to Goodhosting (because I honestly think they've been great before), but at the same time really relieved that this post is drawing so much attention and help from the people involved. Otherwise, we customers would have been left still clueless as to what's going on with no end in sight.

Hopefully, the people/companies involved can work to resolve this drama quicker to help benefit the end-users.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

@Peroni and @David_P : I am the albino. The person next to me [ if you have seen the full photo ] was a nice Cuban man that made me the hat I was wearing for the picture.

@AThomasHowe : It would seem so, yes.

An Update:

I have been informed by a DC technician that only a relatively small amount of the critical data has been archived, the rest has "gone missing" contrary to HostDime's policies to keep servers racked until the end of the calendar month in situations like this.

HostDime is the new Zeneva apparently. We'll be waiting until close of business Tuesday for some official statement or consideration on the issue at hand.

We will also have new servers up shortly to give clients somewhere to migrate to.

• GoodHosting said: HostDime is the new Zeneva apparently.

lol

• BoxodeBoxode Member

all hail @lowEND

• LowENDLowEND Member

@viCommunications - Please advise?

• SkynetworkSkynetwork Member
    edited May 2014

i am order since 15th now 25th

my VPS still not come

they still say we working arround clock

and damon will update shortly wtf until now no update, no vps come

this has been 10 day..my billing has been generate new invoice lol

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@Skynetwork said:
    i am order since 15th now 25th

my VPS still not come

they still say we working arround clock

and damon will update shortly wtf until now no update, no vps come

this has been 10 day..my billing has been generate new invoice lol

did you even read the entire thread?

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • I've had a VPS from GoodHosting via FreeVPS.us. So, that's why it is down? Good to know :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@luis12345620 said:
    I've had a VPS from GoodHosting via FreeVPS.us. So, that's why it is down? Good to know :D

Did you pay for it, scroungeflaps?

• luis12345620luis12345620 Member
    edited May 2014

Nekki said: Did you pay for it,

No, it's a free VPS from freevps.us (VPS5). I still haven't got to use it.

Nekki said:scroungeflaps?

STOP.CALLING.ME.NAMES!!!!