Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting.co Provider Legit or Going Under? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting.co Provider Legit or Going Under?

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for my daily dose of #LowEndDrama

Who did you rent the server from @op

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

An Update:

@DimeNOC_Dennis

It's up to the CEO [ Manny ] now. He's strong-armed the account and taken it under his control directly, other members of staff [ including VPs ] are unable to unlock or otherwise modify the account until Manny himself gives the go-ahead.

Dennis is up to confirm or deny this, I've done all I can [ only just got off a conference call with a number of people, including the actual account holder [ my provider. ] ]

• @rm_ said:
    .co => not legit.

;-(

http://eddynetweb.co <---- .co

@GoodHosting said:

An Update:

DimeNOC_Dennis

It's up to the CEO [ Manny ] now. He's strong-armed the account and taken it under his control directly, other members of staff [ including VPs ] are unable to unlock or otherwise modify the account until Manny himself gives the go-ahead.

Dennis is up to confirm or deny this, I've done all I can [ only just got off a conference call with a number of people, including the actual account holder [ my provider. ] ]

Who's the provider? You should have NO CONTACT with DimeNOC as you are NOT THEIR CLIENT.

That's like someone buying a vps from a company using colocrossing and then contacting colocrossing because the slow network.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@AlexanderM said:
    That's like someone buying a vps from a company using colocrossing and then contacting colocrossing because the slow network.

so what would you do than, if that company you bought from is not reachable/deadpooled/got sued/whatever... just sit and wait?

@Falzo said:

>

You have no business the the other company, if the company disapeared there could be something in the upstreams terms. But would you really want to buy from a reseller? You see threads like this all the time on WHT.

He is not a direct client, so he should not have contact with them.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

That Charles subreddit is pretty creepy. Wut?

edit: Okay so he uses 4Chan and runs the 4Craft Minecraft server. I guess because he runs it and it's 4chan or whatever people make memes and photoshops of him. Still kinda creepy without context tho...

• @AlexanderM said:

Who cares? As long as he sorts the issue for his customers..

@hostnoob said:
    Who cares? As long as he sorts the issue for his customers..

Well obviously someone is lying and the server is not suspended for abuse/government report. What other reasons could there be? Non payment?

If I was his provider, I'd be embarrassed that he contacted my DC, the provider has been caught with his pants down lying about a government report.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • LowENDLowEND Member

@AlexanderM - It was a joint effort with myself and Damon. Manny Vivar and I had an agreement which he dishonoured.

Other then that Damon got informed incorrectly by one of our staff members which I'm reviewing now.

edited May 2014

@AlexanderM said:

This was a joint account of sorts between myself and @LowEND. Hence me being able to call him up and get a conference call going between the account owner [ primary contact ] and myself.

There was a standing agreement with Manny Vivar [ HostDime CEO ] regarding the account which has been dishonoured. We are both eagerly waiting to hear back, since he controls the fate of the account and all customer data directly.

As per the government issue, it turns out that we were misinformed about the issue. Originally, we had an abuse report some 21 hours before the account went dark; which we thought to be the reason for the account going as it was, wherein today we were filled in that Manny himself had locked the account down.

We unfortunately can't say much else until we hear back; as there's nothing to say at this point. It's up to HostDime / DimeNOC to respond on their part of why the account is as it is now.

• Direct Account > Resold Account > Joint Account

• Personally I think GoodHosting should name and shame the provider who hasn't paid their bills and making them go in circles.

• @serverian said:
    Direct Account > Resold Account > Joint Account

I never claimed to have a direct account.

• GoodHosting said: We unfortunately can't say much else until we hear back; as there's nothing to say at this point. It's up to HostDime / DimeNOC to respond on their part of why the account is as it is now.

Sounds like permission to tell us what you'd like to me, @DimeNOC_Dennis.

edited May 2014

@Licensecart said:
    Personally I think GoodHosting should name and shame the provider who hasn't paid their bills and making them go in circles.

Allegedly, Manny cancelled all services on the account; against their own policies, even de-racking some servers before their policies dictate. Something rather smarmy may be going on, and I'd rather it not be the customers who get the short end of the stick. This has still been unconfirmed.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • LowENDLowEND Member

@Licensecart - Invoices are up to date as per my agreement with Manny Vivar.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited May 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    We unfortunately can't say much else until we hear back; as there's nothing to say at this point. It's up to HostDime / DimeNOC to respond on their part of why the account is as it is now.

Their CEO is not going to respond to you regarding another persons account. Calling them out here to respond is just wrong. Your provider is the one who should be dealing with the matter. Although based on what you've said already, can you trust what they tell you? If anyone, maybe you should be calling our your provider here.

It seems you've been caught with your pants down a little while also tarnishing the name of Hostdime based on false information in your postings.

Thanked by 2Mark_R switsys
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

Virtovo said: Their CEO is not going to respond to you regarding another persons account. Calling them out here to respond is just wrong.

I am pretty sure that's the point. Know the host(s) are unlikely to get involved so he can say what he likes.

I haven't seen any proof ITT, just back peddling and baseless, vague accusations.

• @Virtovo said:

Seems you missed a few pages of the party. I've been run up to date with the account owner, my provider; as named above ( again, technically a joint account, hence a lot of confusion here. ) I'm staring at CORE now and can see the mess the account was left in.

Manny has specifically placed notes on the account to only accept payments via Bank Wire (not via Credit Card or any other forms, for some reason); and added a note that account support [even billing] was to be handled via Ticket only; then proceeded to disable our CORE access, thus making us unable to respond to Tickets.

We phoned in today [ again, scroll up ] and sorted that out; the account has been re-activated pending Manny's response, so we can in fact reply to Tickets at this point.

• nerouxneroux Member

@rm_ said:
    If you don't, ".co" is a shameless cash-grab by the registrars, a bid to convince stupid and gullible people that it's "just as good as .com" (nope it isn't), and sell them those "more expensive than .com" domains all over again. If you bought and use a .co, you show the whole world that you are one of those people, and personally I will not consider to have any business with you.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/27885/xy-is-so-much-worse-than-xyz

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited May 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    That's the thing, Manny cancelled all services on the account; against their own policies, even de-racking some servers before their policies dictate. Something rather smarmy is going on, and I'd rather it not be the customers who get the short end of the stick.

@LowEND said:
    Licensecart - Invoices are up to date as per my agreement with Manny Vivar.

Ah I see I get the full picture :D

GoodHosting -> LowEnd -> HostDime. Hope you guys get it solved and sorted and compensated for the issues. But sounds like HD are in the wrong with Manny. But I've never used HostDime so I can't say much more than that.

• I'm so confused.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • So there's a bunch of different stories being pushed around, all being unsure if what is true or not. Seems like a lot of miscommunication.

• @eddynetweb said:
    So there's a bunch of different stories being pushed around, all being unsure if what is true or not. Seems like a lot of miscommunication.

We're waiting ourselves for an official response as well. The techs we spoke with are communicating with Dennis and trying to get a hold of Manny to sort this out.

@Licensecart said:
    GoodHosting -> LowEnd -> HostDime. Hope you guys get it solved and sorted and compensated for the issues. But sounds like HD are in the wrong with Manny. But I've never used HostDime so I can't say much more than that.

So LowEnd lied to GoodHosting saying the US Goverment submitted an abuse report as an ip comparmised their system.

But in fact HostDime have confirmed there was no such abuse report.

@LowEnd why did you lie to your customer?

• @Licensecart said:

So the middle man was LowEnd? This is why you should colocate directly.

• @eddynetweb said:
    So the middle man was LowEnd? This is why you should colocate directly.

From what I can make from the thread, because I asked to name and shame and the guy posted a reply saying all the invoices have been paid in full, so I take it, that he used LowEnd.

• LowENDLowEND Member
    edited May 2014

@AlexanderM - One of my staff members at the time had informed Damon incorrectly. At the time I was not aware of this and since then I have started to review that ticket.

Keep in mind that we did receive a abuse report on Damon and my staff member has read it completely wrong.

• Colocation without representation!