Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting.co Provider Legit or Going Under? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting.co Provider Legit or Going Under?

Comments

• I would LOVE some more information on this, as you have never communicated directly with me. In fact, many member of your staff outright refuse to sit down and have a proper conversation. Instead, they defer to Michael whenever possible.

• I've contacted Dennis to sort this out, as clearly we're both lacking information that the other side has. To clarify on a few points that both he and the community seem to have confused:

• I was not a direct customer of HostDime for these servers.
    • The information in my original explanation is all I have been told by my provider; word for word in most cases. This does not mean it is accurate however (as is easily visible above by Dennis' libellous post.)

Hopefully, this can all be sorted soon.

• GoodHosting said: among other providers we sold servers to.

GoodHosting said: I was not a direct customer of HostDime for these servers.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

@serverian said:

It's pretty standard, those with 1,000 servers in their accounts ; or large capital investment to drop on physical hardware and colocation costs up front are the only ones able to actually keep up with this market. Thus, those of us that don't (and there are a lot of us) purchase dedicated servers from these people.

Look at ServerMania vs ColoCrossing as an obvious and rather public example.

I mean sure, I could have purchased a few KVM VPSes from other providers around here and run OpenVZ clusters ; but I figured I would try and deliver a real service to our clients, and this is where it ended up.

We're doing all we can to right the situation, we have processed refunds for anyone with an active service that has opened a Support Ticket to the Management department as described above, and we're hardly running away from the situation.

I'm on the line now with Dedicated Servers at HostDIme, trying to sort this out; but I don't see this going anywhere soon. Unfortunately [ for me at least ] it seems the US has some holiday at the moment, trying to sort something out with whoevers' available in the mean time.

• Hello again,

I've edited my post to remove any references directly to "GoodHosting", as I do not know their relationship to our direct client. I may have falsely assumed that "GoodHosting" was the user who was directly hosted with us. Regardless, the greater point of my post stands, and the statements made are still accurate in regards to the events leading to the suspension of the user's account at HostDime.

Thank you

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • GoodHosting said: In fact, many member of your staff outright refuse to sit down and have a proper conversation.

GoodHosting said: I'm on the line now with Dedicated Servers at HostDIme, trying to sort this out; but I don't see this going anywhere soon.

If you are not a direct customer, how do you expect response from them?

• @serverian said:
    If you are not a direct customer, how do you expect response from them?

He didn't expect that person from HostDime will come and make it a clear!

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2014

@alexvolk said:
    He didn't expect that person from HostDime will come and make it a clear!

I think @GoodHosting is a victim here. It seems he relayed what his provider told him.

But yeah, he made the claims first hand. Later said they are not a direct customer. So Dennis's clarification was rightly put.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

GoodHosting said: they defer to Michael whenever possible.

Michael is really helpful & nice, what's the problem with Michael?

• GoodHosting said: Instead, they defer to Michael whenever possible.

Please don't tell me this is Michael Long?

• LowENDLowEND Member

@mpkossen - No issues at all at SingleHOP.com nor there will be.

• @serverian said:

The same way I got a response from ColoCrossing, by buying out the account, or a portion thereof.

Thank you, as I have clearly shown in the PM ; I was not your direct customer in any of this.

@alexvolk said:

Unrelated, see the adjacent posts.

@serverian said:

You've got a good point; I should have stated in my original explanation that it was a quote of information passed by my provider, not from HostDime directly. I can see how this may have been misunderstood.

@mpkossen said:

• @GoodHosting said:

You quoted me but said nothing.

• @mpkossen said:
    You quoted me but said nothing.

Sorry, check PM [ also, see above my post. ]

• @GoodHosting said:
    Sorry, check PM [ also, see above my post. ]

Oh hell no. I was right with my suspicions.

• LowENDLowEND Member

@mpkossen - Point is? I only deal with SingleHOP.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:

So because I chose to go with .co instead of a .com means I'm not competent enough to run a business and you wouldn't chose me just over that?

Does my 2.1 degree in business studies make me capable or do I have to buy a .com first to make you trust me? You're on another planet you pal.

• @LowEND said:
    mpkossen - Point is? I only deal with SingleHOP.

Yeah, sure, but didn't @GoodHosting buy HardCloud from you? Why do you have an account named @GarnetNetworks that's been registered from @GoodHosting's home IP?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

VMbox said: Does my 2.1 degree in business studies make me capable or do I have to buy a .com first to make you trust me? You're on another planet you pal.

HF? :)

LowEND said: @mpkossen - Point is? I only deal with SingleHOP.

What. O_O

• While we're on the subject, who is Charles Broughton (http://www.reddit.com/r/CharlesBroughton/)?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Yeah, sure, but didn't GoodHosting buy HardCloud from you? Why do you have an account named GarnetNetworks that's been registered from GoodHosting's home IP?

I purchased HardCloud from an Australian child young adult named Mitchell (different person)

• LowENDLowEND Member
    edited May 2014

@mpkossen - Incorrect. I have never owned HardCloud. Damon took it over from Mitchell. Other then that I'm responsible for Garnet Networks.

Thanked by 1wych
  • @GoodHosting said:
    I purchased HardCloud from an Australian child named Mitchell (different person)

That's the official party line, I understand that.

But account-wise on LET, it doesn't match you story. I changed you account name from HardCloud to GoodHosting and got a confirmation that @LowEND is the guy you bought it from.

And guess what? @LowEND is using an Australian domestic IP, but somehow got to register his @GarnetNetworks account with your home IP...

• @LowEND said:
    Other then that I'm responsible for Garnet Networks.

Well, glad we cleared that part up. You know Damon in real life? Have you been at his house? According to my data, that's where you registered @GarnetNetworks from.

• @GoodHosting

So, TL;DR you rented a dedicated server from a provider, who after terminating your account informed you that it was due to an intrusion attempt from one of your IPs into a government agency? I'm all ears to know who this provider is..

• LowENDLowEND Member

@mpkossen - Yes I do know Damon in real life.

• @mpkossen said:

When I took over HardCloud, I also took their LowEndTalk account. If you look far enough back, it should have many AU IP addresses; from various states ( IPs in Aus are pretty bad on the whole GeoIP accuracy thing. )

• I was doing marketing for GarnetNetworks before purchasing HardCloud
    • I purchased HardCloud from Mitchell and asked it to be renamed to GoodHosting
  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2014

Metal Slug 3 - 3.8 hrs on record

Currently In-Game

• Interesting. GH always talked a good game but something always smelt off about them...

Interested to see where this is going.