Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IntroNet Servers Main Website Suspended? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IntroNet Servers Main Website Suspended?

Comments

• cassacassa Member

@aolee said:
    cassa they will get back shortly? how short is shortly?

Sometimes shortly is 2 weeks, sometimes shortly is 5 minutes, not sure :#

• LowENDLowEND Member

@LowEND said: Bella - Sadly I can't comment on his account.

Is it your second company? If not, doesn't make sense. You're new here and I don't think >any provider will trust in hosting main website with you.

@alexvolk - No it's not my second company. Other then that I would have to disagree with you.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    Is it your second company? If not, doesn't make sense. You're new here and I don't think any provider will trust in hosting main website with you.

In all fairness, plenty of people seemed to trust Intronet with their money despite their new-ness and plans being obviously difficult to sustain.

• blackblack Member

@Nekki said:
    In all fairness, plenty of people seemed to trust Intronet with their money despite their new-ness and plans being obviously difficult to sustain.

Actually impossible to sustain, when they're providing cPanel for that price.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@black said:
    Actually impossible to sustain, when they're providing cPanel for that price

True dat, I forgot about the silly cPanel offers.

• GunterGunter Member

Is it just me or is it back up?

Either way, I haven't had a ticket response in 4 days.

• @Darknyan their main page is back up but neither my VPS nor SolusVM are up.

• earlearl Member

I bet a lot of clients are panicking and doing charge backs.. So they decided to come back online. He probably just realized he should have waited for the 45 days buyer protection from PayPal to expire before actually stopping services, so at least some clients won't be eligible in making a claim..

Honestly its just not sustainable when you start offering free managed services with free cPanel free Domain name free SSL for the prices that they offer and Singlehop is not a budget host. If offers like this was somewhat sustainable then you would see other providers offering these types of deals.

I can see the offer being valid if maybe they were just to over-commit on resources but when you have monthly licenses and domain cost involved in the plan, that and the fact that they have practically included everything for free that there really is not much in a way of upgrades to offset the loss on the low monthly price. I just don't see how they can sustain such a plan.. I mean really!

Thanked by 3Gunter Noerman Mark_R
  • aoleeaolee Member
    edited May 2014

earl said: I bet a lot of clients are panicking and doing charge backs.. So they decided to come back online. He probably just realized he should have waited for the 45 days buyer protection from PayPal to expire before actually stopping services, so at least some clients won't be eligible in making a claim..

This is what also came to my mind 3 days ago. better file a complain before it reaches 46th day. Infact, the first complain attempt for me failed. Paypal sided with Intronet, saying the item I purchased was an intangible one. I couldn't accept their reason so I rang them up, directed them to a lowendtalk.com link, and I mentioned lots of people were scammed by Intronet and also filling dispute. So they did a second round of investigation, and finally got my $25 back. Paypal however suggested to me that next time I purchase intangible items, better use other payment method.

Thanked by 3earl namhuy Mark_R
  • earlearl Member

@aolee

Thanks for the tip.. I heard PayPal was going to remove the intangible item clause, but maybe that was only for PayPal in the UK.

• GunterGunter Member

It doesn't suprise me if Intronet deadpools. They spent 20+ days trying to issue an SSL certificate. They don't know how to set Glue records or understand the concept of DNS servers.

Thanked by 1earl
  • wychwych Member

@earl said:
    aolee

Thanks for the tip.. I heard PayPal was going to remove the intangible item clause, but maybe that was only for PayPal in the UK.

Where did you hear that?

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

@wych said:
    Where did you hear that?

I think I read it on LET..or could be VPSB. Not sure to be honest, but maybe they did not go through with it.

--Edit--

Ah I think it is UK Paypal only..

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/apr/12/paypal-protection-extended-covered-digital-services

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@earl said:

Fair enough, nice for consumers but I can it being abused... Providers in the UK should be more worried about;

From the same date, PayPal is also extending the amount of time buyers who encounter a problem have to report a dispute, from 45 to 180 days.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

@Sunn, ignoring the free domain, SSL and cPanel WHM, how can you reliably give someone 4CPU cores and 4GB RAM for $6/m? Their (SingleHop) cheapest server at $160/m has 16GB RAM and four cores. Even if they're getting direct,c custom deals it's not sustainable. Don't talk out your ass. Unless we're now pretending IntroNet also owns hardware.

You wouldn't be able to sell a managed server for $6/m even. You provide one hour of tech support a month and you make a loss.

• SunnSunn Member

@AThomasHowe said:

They do not get it for $160.00, they get special personal deals, and mostly they are overselling heavily.

• Right, but $6/m - how does that cover the domain, the license, the support, the certificate? It was profitable because it was a pure (maybe selective) scam.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I tried VERY hard to get a discount on servers in bulk with SingleHop. I ended up with a 20% discount across the board and a free upgrade to an E5 from an E3 but they are NOT a cheap provider...

• BellaBella Member

@athomashowe @sunn @shovenose

Pretty sure they are using a vps reseller. That would explain why orders are manually processed.

That would also explain the low prices

• No, no it wouldn't. It still doesn't explain those prices.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said:
    I tried VERY hard to get a discount on servers in bulk with SingleHop. I ended up with a 20% discount across the board and a free upgrade to an E5 from an E3 but they are NOT a cheap provider...

You just need to get the right account manager.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

VMbox said: You just need to get the right account manager.

This.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Inb4 sunn = intronet

Thanked by 1earl
  • SunnSunn Member

@Saiku said:

Based on what?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Sunn said:
    Based on what?

I would hazard a guess at your unusual behaviour in this thread,

Thanked by 3soulchief earl netomx
  • SunnSunn Member

@Nekki said:

Nekki, why don't you do some tracing to evaluate whether or no i have affiliation with them.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Sunn said: Nekki, why don't you do some tracing to evaluate whether or no i have affiliation with them.

My multi-accounter/deadpool detector just went off the charts in this thread, it was pointing at you.

• SunnSunn Member

I am done with this thread. Multi accounter??? Are you insane?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

@Sunn said:
    Nekki, why don't you do some tracing to evaluate whether or no i have affiliation with them.

I'm not interested, I'm just explaining why people are suggesting that you're linked.

We also both know it's very easy to hide affiliations if you wanted to, we've had enough of that round these parts in the last couple of years.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Sunn said: Are you insane?

Medically speaking (as far as my doctor claims), not as of yet. I do consider myself somewhat insane though, if that's what you're asking.