Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you kidding me - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you kidding me

Comments

• KairusKairus Member
    edited May 2012

@DanielM said: Hows democracy in libya?

If you're trying to call the U.S. out based on its actions in the middle east, I think Libya is the worst case to point out on. Now, I don't know what kind of government the rebels have enacted, but thanks to U.S. + NATO help, they're free to install whatever kind of government they want. It doesn't have to be democratic, but the people have the control to do what they want, that's success imo.

@DanielM said: Yes i totally agree. But its still better than what they have in the US.

And what's that? There's no similar system of the UK CCTV in the U.S.

• WilliamWilliam Member

I like the RUNET and also German speaking internet is very large as well - So it is certainly wrong to categorize the world in "english internet" and "everything else".

Just my 2 schilling :)

Thanked by 2nabo Aldryic
  • @William said: I like the RUNET and also German speaking internet is very large as well - So it is certainly wrong to categorize the world in "english internet" and "everything else".

Hes classifying it as everyone on the Internet speak English, and everyone else does not use the internet what so ever.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

There is only one language: American. The rest of you foreigners can just quit with your gibberish devil speak!

I should turn off my signature when I say things like that.

• @jarland said: There is only one language: American. The rest of you foreigners can just quit with your gibberish devil speak!

I should turn off my signature when I say things like that.

Danke

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@William said: I like the RUNET and also German speaking internet is very large as well - So it is certainly wrong to categorize the world in "english internet" and "everything else".

Just my 2 schilling :)

I'm not just talking about the internet, I'm saying English is the only world language, because it is. Again there's very few places you could go in this entire world where people don't speak english. And that's not true for any other language. Daniel knows this, so does Aldryic, they just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@taipres said: Again there's very few places you could go in this entire world where people don't speak english.

Oh oh oh, that is certainly not true... try to talk english in rural Russia/China/Latin America... no chance.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@William said: Oh oh oh, that is certainly not true... try to talk english in rural Russia/China/Latin America... no chance.

It's absolutely true and I guarantee you I could find someone who speaks english in those areas.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@taipres said: It's absolutely true and I guarantee you I could find someone who speaks english in those areas.

And I guarantee that you've never been to any of said places. Grow up and get some life experience (outside of your little fantasy world) before you try and pretend you know what you're talking about, kiddo.

• I think everyone on LET but Taipres should learn Russian.

• taiprestaipres Member

@Aldryic said: And I guarantee that you've never been to any of said places. Grow up and get some life experience (outside of your little fantasy world) before you try and pretend you know what you're talking about, kiddo.

Here's a thought, why don't you speak your native language? Why are you speaking English if it's not the world language? Because it is, so you're being hypocritical. Not many on here may speak french, but everyone speaks english, not many speak german, spanish, russian, a dilaect of chinese, etc... but EVERYONE speaks english. Point blank period

• AldryicAldryic Member

As an aside, here's a short list of countries I've been to where none of the natives I encountered in the time I was there could even come close to coherent English:

Afghanistan
    Iraq
    Argentina
    Japan
    China
    Korea (not counting the base at Seoul)

Yes, I'm well aware that each of these countries is bound to have areas where English is tolerated, and even if they cannot speak it they'll direct you to someone that can. However, let's drop @taipres off in urban Tianjin and see how much luck he has finding a translator.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic said: As an aside, here's a short list of countries I've been to where none of the natives I encountered in the time I was there could even come close to coherent English:

No one cares about your little bubble, in reality, in the real world, all those people have english speakers, in fact China naturally has more english speakers than the US.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Why are you speaking English if it's not the world language?

Because I'm living in the US. I do use Russian when I'm on an RU forum (and chinese when on Hostloc, etc).

Any more stupid questions?

@taipres said: Not many on here may speak french, but everyone speaks english

News flash, genius. This is an English community. Why don't you head on over to Dvach or Hostloc and ask how many people speak English?

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: in fact China naturally has more english speakers than the US.

[CITATION NEEDED]

Every time you open your mouth, more bullshit and lies spew out.

• I've think that English is fairly popular in Urban Argentina, they even have English channels and newspapers. Weird for a Spanish speaking country, and the fact the country doesn't get along with England and the UK

• taiprestaipres Member

@Aldryic said: [CITATION NEEDED]

Every time you open your mouth, more bullshit and lies spew out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

What were you saying? oh like usual you were whining and getting embarrassed, there's your citation champ. Also why is BuyVM in english? Aren't you french?

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: I've think that English is fairly popular in Urban Argentina

Take a look and see who owns Citgo :3 They're a recent and major oil contender, and aye, many areas do have an English presence now.

@Daniel said: the country doesn't get along with England and the UK

They approved of the terrorist attacks against the US as well. -shrug-

• Ha, France has more English speakers then Australia, I find that funny but I don't agree with Taipres.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Also why is BuyVM in english? Aren't you french?

Nope. Fran is Canadian, I'm Russian. Victoria, BC is West Canada, not to be confused with Quebec, on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY. Seriously, just how idiodic are you?

From your Wikipedia page:
    (Rank - Country - Percentage - Total Pop - Pop. speaking English)
    1 United States 95.19% 280,950,438 267,444,149
    18 China 0.83% 1,200,000,000 10,000,000

267mil in America, 10mil in China. So yes, you were DEAD. WRONG. Let's take one more look.

@Aldryic said: [CITATION NEEDED]

Thanks for proving me right :3

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

USA: Total English Speakers: 267,444,149
    China: Total English Speakers: 10,000,000.

Were you reading the wrong column?

• vldvld Member

@taipres: if I were you, I'd shut up before more self ownage.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic I heard Argentina has been trying to get the US to support its claim the Islas Malvinas, but it doesn't help with the UK boasting and showing off to Argentina, all that remains of the only ships of the navy we have remaining.

@taipres do you know how to read? I struggle and usually miss things out, but I know that 267,000,000 > 10,000,000

• AldryicAldryic Member

@vld - no, no, let him continue! His foot will be all the way through his digestive tract and protruding from his ass soon enough :P

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel - to be quite honest, you're probably much more up to date than I am. It's been well over a decade since I was last there, and I haven't kept up with their news/etc in some time.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@taipres said: It's absolutely true and I guarantee you I could find someone who speaks english in those areas.

Haha, yes, i needed 7 hours to find someone speaking A FEW WORDS of english in Chengdu - Which is by the way one of the largest cities in China.
    (And in Russia i found MORE people speaking german than even just a few words english - with broken GDR (east german) accent, but understandable german at least.

Eh, No.
    Not by total numbers, not by % - English is VERY unpopular in China, German and even Arabic are more widespread than english (though this is subject to change since english is mandatory in lower grade schools and all universities (except private)).

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@vld said: @taipres: if I were you, I'd shut up before more self ownage.

lol whatever, don't encourage these two, they're bad for the community and offer very little. It appears I did misread the columns but it doesn't change anything, English is still the world language and just about anywhere in the world you'll find someone who speaks it, and that's not true for any other language. Aldryic can try and change the topic because he lost but it what it is.

for all you providers who native language isn't english, why aren't your sites in another language? Don't be hypocrites now...it's in english because you know what's up. You know it's the world language.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@taipres said: It appears I did misread the columns but it doesn't change anything I still ignore the facts in favour of my own personal fantasy world

FTFY

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres If me and Aldryic offer little to the community, then by comparison that means you offer nothing.

Do you even know why English is remotely popular? Please don't Google and paste, want your answer

Thanked by 2Aldryic vld
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Daniel said: @taipres If me and Aldryic offer little to the community, then by comparison that means you offer nothing.

I tried my best to not get you in trouble after you DDoS'd me even though I could of went a different direction with that and now I have to listen to you run your mouth. Not many communities would allow you to remain when you're publicly breaking the law and attacking users sites as you're a liability for this site, as they could be seen as harboring and encouraging such illegal activities, you clearly haven't learned anything from that and so no, you offer this community very little.