Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Sincere Thank You - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A Sincere Thank You

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

My WHT username change ticket was surprisingly answered recently, after about 5 exchanges of 'are you sure', 'totally sure', 'you know you can't change for another 6 months' and all that crap. I don't know how they managed to get to my oldest ticket yet miss out other peoples older tickets. I guess they just pick at random.

• taiprestaipres Member

@liam said: Holds up a mirror in your direction

Flexes in said mirror :D

• @Infinity said: My WHT username change ticket was surprisingly answered recently, after about 5 exchanges of 'are you sure', 'totally sure', 'you know you can't change for another 6 months' and all that crap. I don't know how they managed to get to my oldest ticket yet miss out other peoples older tickets. I guess they just pick at random.

Haha thats exactly my ticket, I confirm each time and they just ask it again.

• rds100rds100 Member

They should just put some fee for changing the username (like $50) and then dedicate one staff member to doing just this.

• I don't get why @taipres doesn't just get banned. On any other site someone promoting a competitior would be banned instantly. Plus hes annoying.
    Is @Chief the only person who can ban?

• taiprestaipres Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: I don't get why @taipres doesn't just get banned. On any other site someone promoting a competitior would be banned instantly. Plus hes annoying.

Is @Chief the only person who can ban?

What if the tables were turned on you? What if the moment you requested my ban, you instead were banned, how would you feel then? My advice to you, don't wish bad things upon people, what goes around, comes around.

• I didn't request your ban, i just said that i don't understand why you aren't banned.

• taiprestaipres Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: I didn't request your ban, i just said that i don't understand why you aren't banned.

That's requesting it. LET != LEB and there are a number of users with sites similar to LEB in their sig on here.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@taipres said: That's requesting it. LET != LEB and there are a number of users with sites similar to LEB in their sig on here.

Absolutely! However, your site isn't the problem here, it's your attitude.
    We're not annoyed because you've sparked up a LEB clone, we're annoyed because of your attitude towards your website and the LET community.

If you toned down the rhetoric towards everyone, and simply left your website in your signature, then it would probably benefit you. The way you're going about is just creating enemies.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@ElliotJ said: Absolutely! However, your site isn't the problem here, it's your attitude.

We're not annoyed because you've sparked up a LEB clone, we're annoyed because of your attitude towards your website and the LET community.

If you toned down the rhetoric towards everyone, and simply left your website in your signature, then it would probably benefit you. The way you're going about is just creating enemies.

My site is not a LEB clone, and you know it's not. See http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/58597#Comment_58597 if you're still confused.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@taipres said: My site is not a LEB clone, and you know it's not. See

Your reasons sound remarkably like 'Mine's bigger than yours'.

Both blogs are showcasing cheap VPS offers. Perhaps you're confused.

• taiprestaipres Member

@ElliotJ said: Your reasons sound remarkably like 'Mine's bigger than yours'.

Both blogs are showcasing cheap VPS offers. Perhaps you're confused.

A Honda and a Bentley are both cars too...but people don't get the two confused, because there's a big difference in quality and class. So i'm glad I could clear this up for you and you can stop making silly statements now that CVD is a LEB clone.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@taipres said: A Honda and a Bentley are both cars too...but people don't get the two confused, because there's a big difference in quality and class. So i'm glad I could clear this up for you and you can stop making silly statements now that CVD is a LEB clone.

Are you suggesting that your website would've been created regardless of LowEndBox's existence?

• laaevlaaev Member

@taipres said: WHT is indeed a garbage forum, they haven't answered my ticket in over a month now. Some said over year wait, yet they had no problem unjustly suspending VPS6's account, looks like ChicagoVPS's account and they topic sticky crappy overpriced companies. So why does anyone care about WHT? because their domains like 10 years old, people go with longevity over actual quality(hence LEB over CVD). And many sites that are in top positions shouldn't be, they don't know how to treat people and WHT is all about money. Hoarding it that is, since they use volunteers to moderate things, who naturally aren't payed.

I disagree, WHT is the only place I can go to get away from you

• taiprestaipres Member

@ElliotJ said: Are you suggesting that your website would've been created regardless of LowEndBox's existence?

I created it because it looked to me LEB was close to shutting down, so in that regards it'd still exist without LEB today yes. In terms of it being created had LEB never been created IDK, I can't predict the future.

• taiprestaipres Member

@FTN_Kevin said: I disagree, WHT is the only place I can go to get away from you

I'm on WHT...and I think it's great companies like yours have the greenlight status while quality companies like VPS6 and ChicagoVPS don't...because that makes sense?

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@taipres said: I created it because it looked to me LEB was close to shutting down, so in that regards it'd still exist without LEB today yes. In terms of it being created had LEB never been created IDK, I can't predict the future.

You seem to be contradicting yourself in your second sentence.
    In case you didn't notice:

I created it because it looked to me LEB was close to shutting down

So you're going to try and convince me, that your website isn't a clone now, even though you pretty much admitted that it's based off LowEndBox?

Don't beat around the bush, we both know that both sites are remarkably similar, regardless of the small tweaks you've made.
    The concept is exactly the same.

Moreover, you're actually on LowEndTalk, the community directly adjoined to LowEndBox. You really think this hasn't influenced your site at all?

• @taipres

...wait, are you seriously suggesting that providers are not quality unless they're hated at WHT? Is that actually what you are positing right now?

Thanked by 2laaev maxexcloo
  • taiprestaipres Member

Small tweaks? why do you insist on lieing to yourself? My site uses the concept of LEB but that doesn't make it a clone...how many projects do you know of aren't inspired by something? You don't call every car made a clone of the original do you? No so stop being ridiculous, my site didn't make "small tweakes" it brought tons of innovation and a huge paradigm shift of how it does what it does that no other site i'm aware of has done.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@taipres said: why do you insist on lieing to yourself?

My question precisely.

Thanked by 1laaev
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@sajanNOPPIX said: ...wait, are you seriously suggesting that providers are not quality unless they're hated at WHT? Is that actually what you are positing right now?

No, i'm suggesting it's interesting how a number of quality providers are getting their accounts frozen and or banned on WHT. Combine that with their year+ on answer some tickets and what you have is a popular site that shouldn't be. Their domain is old, that's why everyone flocks to them, other than that, they suck, completely. Their nulled script detector stuff is innovative but other than that they're nothing special. I could easily do what they did with that and better and was on the verge of it.

• @taipres nobody is saying your site is the exact same. Clearly it has a different domain and wordpress theme.

The point is...it serves the exact same function. There's a reason why other sites that DO what facebook DOES aren't popular. Because no matter how 'different' they are, they server the same purpose as facebook.

• @taipres WHT's community is quite a bit more formal. This is to uphold the integrity of the offers section, and posts people make. If you break those rules, yeah...you get banned.

Their tickets are slow to answer because A.) it's all volunteers and B.) their time is mainly focused on upholding the quality of posts.

There's a reason why the people that get banned there get banned.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@sajanNOPPIX said: The point is...it serves the exact same function. There's a reason why other sites that DO what facebook DOES aren't popular. Because no matter how 'different' they are, they server the same purpose as facebook.

Yet Myspace had 100+ million users when Facebook was essentially unknown now myspace is all but unknown and Facebook has 800+ million users... Facebook took over Myspace because it did what myspace did, only better, only smarter. It had an API when Myspace did not, among other things. See that's how most communities work, only this community seems to be backwards and wants to hang on to the old when something better has come along. Which is fine, I know 99% communities and spaces aren't like that, FB being a prime example. Most want quality, most want innovation. And most don't spit in the face of those who bring it.

• @taipres - now you are talking about innovation and features. That's a bit different a comparison between CVD and LEB. If you don't see the difference, then it is you who is lying to yourself.

It'd be awesome if CVD provided me with something that LEB did not. At this point, it doesn't. If it does...it's not something that's worth anything to most of the people here.

When facebook started taking over myspace, it was because of innovation. I could go through the actual, visually tangible, and functional differences with you...if you want me to. However, it simply does not compare to CVD vs LEB.

You keep trying to say CVD is different than LEB. Do this. List out the differences and ask yourself, are any of these differences enough to move people over from something they've been using for such a long time.

In the case of myspace v facebook, the answer was yes. It was enough and worth it for people to move and start over.

In your case...it really isn't.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: Since that was directed towards me, we do not get mocked on WHT at all. And the fact I'm banned is ridiculous, they are worse than here.

Not really at you, there's many people that are banned on WHT and get posted here and there's tons of hosts that get mocked :P

Francisco

• KMyersKMyers Member
    edited May 2012

@sajanNOPPIX said: ...wait, are you seriously suggesting that providers are not quality unless they're hated at WHT? Is that actually what you are positing right now?

Apparently he likes going with known scam artists.

@taipres said: No, i'm suggesting it's interesting how a number of quality providers are getting their accounts frozen and or banned on WHT. Combine that with their year+ on answer some tickets and what you have is a popular site that shouldn't be. Their domain is old, that's why everyone flocks to them, other than that, they suck, completely. Their nulled script detector stuff is innovative but other than that they're nothing special. I could easily do what they did with that and better and was on the verge of it.

Many of the providers who are getting banned are doing so because they violated the rules or created fake accounts/reviews. It is actually quite hard to get banned from WHT. How to I know this? I have actually been involved with WHT in a way most have not, I have met the CEO and many of the mods in person as an invited guest.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@sajanNOPPIX You want to keep lieing to yourself, be my guest i've already posted 3 times a page full of very useful features LEB doesn't have and my site does. If lack of info and barely any way to find that info is your deal, stick with LEB, but don't try and act like it's something it's not or that it's anywhere near my sites level, because it's not. LEB doesn't even post pics anymore, it's losing features, it might as well just start posting deal links and that's it, and you people will undoubtedly keep drinking its koolaid and claim it's the best ever.

• AldryicAldryic Member

If your little website didn't have you, that would be sufficient reason for me to go there.

• sajanNOPPIXsajanNOPPIX Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres - YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! It's not about you having features that LEB doesn't have.

It's about the value of those features and if it's worth a community to uproot and move/use something else!

You can have all the new features you want, but they aren't worth it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this place is home to so many people and they aren't just going to move over because you use pretty little icons in your posts.

This discussion has been closed.