Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Sincere Thank You - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A Sincere Thank You

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

I was thinking about the issue I have brought up.....

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@cvps_chris its not that your email is ignored, its just that there were a few people in front of you.

I'm only saying that providers can't email and expect to be listed within a day or so.
    and....in general... if the offer is posted on LET, its less desirable to post it on LEB, atleast in my eyes.

To @aldryic and others, thank you. kind words are appriciated, they are rare here nowadays.

edited May 2012

@MikHo said: if the offer is posted on LET, its less desirable to post it on LEB, atleast in my eyes.

I disagree. An offer on LET only makes it for the day if even that. A offer I posted was off the first 2 pages in the same day. There is no exposure on LET as far as I see it.

Also, the offer you are talking about, is more desirable than any offer posted in the past 2 - 3 weeks =/

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: There is no exposure on LET as far as I see it.

The problem is that nobody uses the categories. I'm sure most if not all people are like me and just visit the front page where it combines all of the categories into one. If you click on the Offers category you're still on the front page (about halfway down). I wish LET was more like a traditional forum as it still retains the same feel that v2 had.

• @KuJoe said: I wish LET was more like a traditional forum as it still retains the same feel that v2 had.

http://www.stargazemc.com/forums

Mine looks rather traditional. Still same vanilla, and when you scroll over the 'Discussions' section it has a list of categories you click to. You still have the viable option to click Discussions and it works.

Vanilla has options to become more traditional like. Mr. Chief I suppose needs to fix that :D

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@taipres said: For being so generic I haven't seen anyone do it before me?

Do what exactly? Add a post every few days (or daily), put provider name - price, ram, location in the title, add site screenshot image, write something about the host ... Yes, that's quite unique, no one thought about that before.

@CVPS_Chris said: I disagree. An offer on LET only makes it for the day if even that. A offer I posted was off the first 2 pages in the same day. There is no exposure on LET as far as I see it.

Then I know your stand on this point and as i said before, my view is a little different from yours.
    I'm not speaking specifically of your offer, but more on a general point of view.
    Let me try to explain my point of view, I'm not sure everyone agrees with me (apparently you are not).

If a provider posts an offer on LET he/she will get exposure to the community. If posted on LET I would hold back on the same offer on LEB to see the reaction on the offer. If there are follow-ups posts to the offer on LET, those MAY be linked from the offer on LEB (if posted on LEB).

I think a mix of posts from different providers on LEB is a part of what (in my eyes) makes it "special".
    If every offer that are sent in to LEB would be posted, you as a single provider would probably get as much exposure as on LET, since your post would pretty quick move over to the second page.
    By not posting every offer the exposure for a provider is worth more.

I personally wouldn't like LEB to turn into a directory of providers.

@MikHo said: I personally wouldn't like LEB to turn into a directory of providers.

I agree. I would like to see some LEB content pulled from LET offers though (this was LEA's plan at one point I think).

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MikHo said: Then I know your stand on this point and as i said before, my view is a little different from yours.

At the end of the day a lot of the people bitching in here would ditch if you said they weren't getting posted anymore, mark my words. There's a much much smaller group of people around here, even fewer are providers, that are here to enjoy the community.

Try to not take it to heart, there are simply too many providers around here that rely on getting LEB front page to draw business, they don't really have other channels since they either get mocked on WHT or are flat out banned on there.

Francisco

@Francisco said: At the end of the day a lot of the people bitching in here would ditch if you said they weren't getting posted anymore, mark my words.

Now you are putting words in my mouth @Francisco :)

All offers and suggestions are welcome, all of them cannot be posted however because then users here and on LEB would complain about that there are to many offers posted :)
    As said before, you can't make everyone satisfied and to my knowledge there aren't any "banned" providers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MikHo said: Now you are putting words in my mouth @Francisco :)

Nah i'm just saying, if chief made a ruling that a host isn't allowed on the front page, said host would part ways with LET all butt hurt.

Francisco

• I think we should start a LowEndWiki, something similar to Linode Library, full of tutorials, but more to do with getting the most out of something on a LEB.

I know there is http://www.lowendtalk.com/wiki/ but it hasn't been updated in a while and something like Mediawiki would be better.

edited May 2012

@Francisco said: Nah i'm just saying, if chief made a ruling that a host isn't allowed on the front page, said host would part ways with LET all butt hurt.

True, as any customer would be, being denied services by any provider.

@Daniel said: I think we should start a LowEndWiki

lowendwiki.com is registered but I'm sure its made by someone here in the community.

edited May 2012

@Daniel said: I think we should start a LowEndWiki

Chief said he registered LowEndWiki I believe (same WHOIS protection at least, and Chief resides in AU).

Once he has it setup, I'm supposed to be heading that site up and developing it.

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited May 2012

@maxexcloo said: the volunteers are doing an awesome job with few to little in the way of resources

what do you mean by few to little in the way of resources? They got the FULL power of the internet.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@vedran said: Do what exactly? Add a post every few days (or daily), put provider name - price, ram, location in the title, add site screenshot image, write something about the host ... Yes, that's quite unique, no one thought about that before.

LEB barely has any info in its posts, my sites has tons of info
    LEB posts are inconsistent in the way it posts the lil info it does mines always consistant
    My site shows providers dynamic age in posts, LEB does not
    My site has an awesome feature search, LEB does not
    My site has a comparison table with sorting, LEB does not
    My site has categories menu listing tons of stuff, LEB does not
    My site has multi tag support, LEB does not
    MY site has CVD Hardware Challenge, LEB does not
    MY site has tooltips on most things, LEB does not

The list goes on, and I had many many more things planned, but all that took a backseat, I just don't have the desire anymore, rather focus on other things. I "could have" taken CVD to a whole different level, you have no idea, but is a waste when most ignore the efforts, encourage others to just copy me and cheer them on, or just use the site and not contribute. Or claim my sites the same of a site that's even remotely on the same level.

So yeah, to keep saying LEB and CVD are the same is just being really dishonest.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

My site
    My site
    My site
    My site
    My site
    MY site
    MY site

Not this again...

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@raindog308 he asked I answered. CVD != LEB and people that keep saying it does aren't being honest.

Is a Bentley the same as a Honda civic? They're both cars, but that's all they have in common.

@Francisco said: they don't really have other channels since they either get mocked on WHT or are flat out banned on there.

Since that was directed towards me, we do not get mocked on WHT at all. And the fact I'm banned is ridiculous, they are worse than here.

If my offer being posted on LET is stopping you from posting on LEB then delete it because I only did it because I was tired of waiting. We get plenty of orders during the time we are not posted and do not solely rely on LEB for sales like @Franciso likes to think. The reason I guess I am a little frustrated is because I went ahead and posted up almost $10,000 in new servers to accommodate new orders. I dont know about you but I dont like $10,000 of equipment just sitting there.

If I knew I wasnt going to be posted I wouldnt have done it, but I did because we ALWAYS have a good turn out on our LEB posts. People like our offers and use it and for the most part STAY.

I will say it again since it was ignored, you said you wanted "new offers", and I sent in a different offer posted than before along with a Xen twist all priced better than what you are posting. I keep up with the demand because the LEB users like it.

-Chris

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

WHT is indeed a garbage forum, they haven't answered my ticket in over a month now. Some said over year wait, yet they had no problem unjustly suspending VPS6's account, looks like ChicagoVPS's account and they topic sticky crappy overpriced companies. So why does anyone care about WHT? because their domains like 10 years old, people go with longevity over actual quality(hence LEB over CVD). And many sites that are in top positions shouldn't be, they don't know how to treat people and WHT is all about money. Hoarding it that is, since they use volunteers to moderate things, who naturally aren't payed.

• @taipres said: WHT is indeed a garbage forum, they haven't answered my ticket in over a month now. Some said over year wait, yet they had no problem unjustly suspending VPS6's account, looks like ChicagoVPS's account and they sticky crappy overpriced companies. So why does anyone care about WHT? because their domains like 10 years old, people go with longevity over actual quality. And many sites that are in top positions shouldn't be, they don't know how to treat people and WHT is all about money. Hoarding it that is, since they use volunteers to moderate things, who naturally aren't payed.

If you think they haven't unanswered your ticket in a while, I've still got one open from 2 years ago.

@joemerit compare the situation with browsing the internet on a 56k modem using a mac to view sites coded in flash.

• @MikHo said: @joemerit compare the situation with browsing the internet on a 56k modem using a mac to view sites coded in flash.

You should be using Lynx.

Thanked by 1Aldryic

Didn't know lynx was available on mac :)

@Daniel said: I've still got one open from 2 years ago

Try 4.5 years lol and multiple tickets

@cvps_chris you totally read my post wrong, i'm writing this on my phone and if i remember to, i will answer you later when my kids and wife is asleep.

• taiprestaipres Member

Years to answer tickets is unacceptable, especially when they have no problem accepting money from hosts in record time. Ugh, so tired of crappy company and sites being popular when they don't deserve it. But what can you do when people keep flocking to them because they don't know any better? Nothing. Maybe that'll be my new business model since it seems to be working for LEB, and WHT, ignore the users for months/years, produce half baked crap, profit.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Try 4.5 years lol and multiple tickets

Haha yeh, the moderators complain when hosting companies have terrible support, they should look in the mirror.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@taipres said: Maybe that'll be my new business model since it seems to be working for LEB, and WHT, ignore the users for months/years, produce half baked crap, profit.

Unfortunately, that isn't working for LET. We're still waiting for that option to ignore users.

• taiprestaipres Member

@vedran LET has some quality stuff, from providers, unfortunately that's drowned out a lot by users noise. The wealth of information all the providers on here have contributed and still could is what makes this forum valuable, so I think an ignore feature would be nice.

This discussion has been closed.