Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is RamNode so Popular ? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why is RamNode so Popular ?

1235»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@kyaky said:
    so abusers don't buy VPSes from a provider that doesn't have affiliate cashout. what the logic is that?

No, that's not what I said. Have another think about it, and get back to me.

• kyakykyaky Member

@Nekki said:

I guess you got something mixed up... but if you meant ... that way... alright.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@kyaky said:
    I guess you got something mixed up... but if you meant ... that way... alright.

I didn't get anything mixed up.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

kyaky said: I guess you got something mixed up... but if you meant ... that way... alright.

I think he meant affiliate system abusers (not VPS abusers). I.e bunch of people sign up under affiliate link using stolen CC/Paypal. Abuser cashes out the commission before the chargebacks start rolling in. If the affiliate payments are credit only there's no real incentive to do that.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • kyakykyaky Member
    edited May 2014

@Virtovo said:
    I think he meant affiliate system abusers (not VPS abusers). I.e bunch of people sign up under affiliate link using stolen CC/Paypal. Abuser cashes out the commission before the chargebacks start rolling in. If the affiliate payments are credit only there's no real incentive to do that.

thanks for the explanation.

For the affiliate systems like the one from budgetvm, all the sales have to be valid at least for 3 months (no charge back after 3months for PP) before it turns to available earning. I didn't notice how the affiliate programs from other providers work. usually the commission has to reach $20 before being able to ask for a withdraw.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@MikHo said:
    Not trying to blame anyone, only want to understand the situation completly.

No, it ran every minute.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tr1cky said:
    No, it ran every minute.

Then I can understand a high load on the server.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@MikHo said:
    Then I can understand a high load on the server.

The script just reads the cpu load in /proc/loadavg and does one API call, if it's high. It's running on my own servers aswell and it causes no load at all. Here's cpu usage of a similar sized site with the same configuration (and also the 1 minute script) on a iwstack 4core server:

• BlastVMBlastVM Member

They provide a good service, pretty good pricing, and have good marketing. Ramnode does nice lowendbox deals every now and then as well.