Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is RamNode so Popular ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why is RamNode so Popular ?

click4easyclick4easy Member
edited April 2014 in General

I'm not any vps provider, however curios about why you think Ramnode has an alexa of 22k in a span of 2 years. It's a tremendous growth that a vps hosting company would ever see.

I don't think this is mainly due to SSD, because i believe there were other providers too offering ssd at a low price. I'm not sure though, please correct me if so.

Comments

• They have great product, to a great price, with very good service and support. Can't go wrong then.
    And they are in the very top of IO/disk speed on their pure SSD nodes.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Why are they so popular? Because they provide a good product.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Mostly because RamNode is owned, and operated by knowledgeable people, and are mature enough that they took starting a company seriously. Any kid can throw together a couple of host nodes with SSD drives, and start selling VPSs. But it takes a team of talent to put those nodes online, configured in such a way that you get the least amount of hiccups. Combine that with putting your own network online, and having the talent to run your own network, and run it well, and then finally combine it with people that actually care about their companies reputation, and take steps to ensure that they provide a quality, affordable, and friendly service, so as to protect and build their reputation as a reliable, performance & customer driven, host, and you have a recipe for success. Its not surprising really. Yes this industry is very saturated, but the saturation comes many people that don't know what they're doing, along with "summer hosts", and other fly-by-night operations, that if you actually focus a bit, have a solid business plan, and a little bit of 'actual' funding, you can certainly be successful in this market.

RamNode is an excellent example.

And yes, i know, multiple run-on sentences on that paragraph :D

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Very low prices and decent service. People likes stupid benchmarks too.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Because they are good at what they do.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Nick was one of the first to offer pure SSD at an affordable price, he has a good marketing plan, seo, etc, people love his coupons. He's also active on forums like these and on twitter, which helps with his reputation and exposure. I think he's done an amazing job of growing an awesome service. Being one of the first into a market gives you an advantage in a now becoming swamped market. He will need to continue to improve his service and add to his offerings to keep ahead of the pack, because now there are many services that want to lure away his client base.

Gordon

Thanked by 3Nick_A AlexanderM Babah
  • Because they have a good product and an excellent customer service to support it.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • CakeyCakey Member

Incero said: because now there are many services that want to lure away his client base.

Yea well those people can glws as RamNode is a common favorite and recommended more and more nowadays.

Thanked by 2perennate Nick_A
  • imperioimperio Member
    edited April 2014

Even solusvm exploit were not able to harm ramnode customer loyalty.This means as long as they continue to provide this kind of price/performance ratio they can only lose a bit of their client base which are very sensitive to low end pricing.

• Because it doesn't go down every other day.

And when it does go down, there are people working at it and communicating with clients.

Newbie hosts: note the bold bit, it'll make or break you.

Thanked by 2Nick_A Corey
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

Becuz it just work and its fast and shiny.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • CakeyCakey Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Becuz it just work and its fast and shiny.

Don't know about shiny but it sure is flashy and lots of nice colors.

No but seriously, I've been with RamNode for a while (Sep 12) and basically I've always been a fan of their speeds, staff and coupon throwing (It's like they want you to use coupons :l)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Infinity580 said: Becuz it just work and its fast and shiny.

Performance means squat when the service is down, and sooner or later every service will go down. What defines a great host is how they respond to downtime and how they communicate with clients during that downtime.

• CakemixCakemix Member
    edited April 2014

@sleddog said:

Got to love how many times when wholesaleinternet goes down they just close the tickets out responding.

On another note, I finally found my old user on my old phone :l

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

High value product, lowend price.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
    edited April 2014

@Cakey As Nick sad one time: "most people dont even use coupons"

• Because.... It's RamNode.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Infinity580 said: @Cakey As Nick sad one time: "most people dont event use coupons"

I don't think he sad that, "event"?

Thanked by 1Cakey
  • CakeyCakey Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Cakey As Nick sad one time: "most people dont event use coupons"

But I love using coupons it makes everything seem like a good deal to me, even 3%

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Infinity580

Even if one coupon is always showed on the top of their main page. :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A

@perennate typo im so sorry.

• XeiXei Member
    edited April 2014

You can trust that they are stable/reliable (uptime especially) and they offer this at a superb value.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • It just works.

• They provide a good service, I guess.

• tchentchen Member

said: Why is RamNode so Popular ?

Satanic goat sacrifices.

• root@XXXX:~# uptime 18:34:18 up 128 days, 16:19, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

That's on OpenVZ instance. I don't have to wonder if it's up and running. The prices and and service are simply excellent.

Thanked by 2netomx Nick_A
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    $ uptime
     19:00:36 up 267 days, 14:28,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00

in RamNode Seattle

Thanked by 2netomx Nick_A
  • Cause they specialize in certain VPS product and they are doing it right as it seems :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • mee2mee2 Member

Coupons make ramnode a real steal.
    Great service at great price.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • SunnSunn Member

Ramnode is just amazing to be honest.

Thanked by 1Nick_A