Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do you get your hard drives? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where do you get your hard drives?

Comments

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: LOL, those on this forum who have actually used our service can attest that our service is excellent, you on the other hand is just a pathetic kid bored in summer, without first hand experiencing jumping into conclusions about my company and BuyVM aswell...

Seriously cut it out with the assumptions, and don't tell me how I should be representing the company I work for, thanks!

The kid accusations were immature when they started and still immature now. I'm 25 and I run various companies and I can tell you right now, IDC how good your companies services are if they have you anywhere near support tickets, you're dangerous. And Why are you using BuyVM as a crutch? Did I ever question the quality of their services? No, i'm sure they have great service, and their staff are friendly. My only issue with BuyVM is the bias treatment towards them on here, that's all, because I know many great companies frequent here and I think they deserve to be treated equal. Them getting posted in front of others that had been waiting on LEB for instance, that kinda stuff annoys me.

• laaevlaaev Member

How am I using them as a crutch? The only reason I lost all respect I had for you is your constant immature posts bashing BuyVM... @FTNChris and I have first hand experience actually dealing with Francisco and his crew, and its nothing but great...

Yet you are over here making stupid meme's about BuyVM every day, you even made a NEW THREAD about it (see http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2496/buyvm/p1 ). Sure, if you did it once or twice, I probably wouldn't have mentioned anything, but I'm sick of waking up everyday to find ALL your trolling posts that make no contribution to the community. This isn't just about BuyVM, you made similar remarks to @HostBluff - seen here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/56670#Comment_56670

Why don't you start contributing to the community for once, instead of making useless posts no one benefits from, then maybe I along with many others will re-gain respect for you and your website.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: How am I using them as a crutch? The only reason I lost all respect I had for you is your constant immature posts bashing BuyVM... @FTNChris and I have first hand experience actually dealing with Francisco and his crew, and its nothing but great...

Yet you are over here making stupid meme's about BuyVM every day, you even made a NEW THREAD about it (see http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2496/buyvm/p1 ). Sure, if you did it once or twice, I probably wouldn't have mentioned anything, but I'm sick of waking up everyday to find ALL your trolling posts that make no contribution to the community. This isn't just about BuyVM, you made similar remarks to @HostBluff - seen here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/56670#Comment_56670

Why don't you start contributing to the community for once, instead of making useless posts no one benefits from, then maybe I along with many others will re-gain respect for you and your website.
    <

Boohoo I made a harmless joking thread about BuyVM that even they got a kick out of? Get over it, stop using them as a crutch, you work for urpad, not BuyVM. Everyone doesn't need to keep hearing how you bought servers from them, you earned your daily brownie points, good work.

Also i've written a number of posts on here, most of which have nothing to do with BuyVM, that is of course until Aldryic makes them about him ;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Comeon ladies, quit getting your pads in a wad and calm yourselves.

The memes were funny at times, lame at most.

Let it be.

Francisco

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Jeffrey
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Boohoo I made a harmless joking thread about BuyVM that even they got a kick out of? Get over it, stop using them as a crutch, you work for urpad, not BuyVM.

Yes I do work for URPad and not BuyVM, amazing discovery - bravo!

Anyhow.. You failed to explain how I am using them as a crutch, and didn't address my above post at all, so continue to beat around the bush, it's what kids do anyway :)

@taipres said:Everyone doesn't need to keep hearing how you bought servers from them, you earned your daily brownie points, good work.

You accused me of being an employee of BuyVM in your other thread, as such I have stated my full experiences I have had with there crew, and have no further affiliation beyond purchasing servers from them and my boss having a personal VPS with them.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Yes I do work for URPad and not BuyVM, amazing discovery - bravo!

Anyhow.. You failed to explain how I am using them as a crutch, and didn't address my above post at all, so continue to beat around the bush, it's what kids do anyway :)

You're were using them as a crutch in that even when I was speaking to you directly in a conversation you couldn't but help bring them up, when they had nothing to do with anything...if you did it to fire up the rest of the fan boys, that's unfortunate, I thought I was talking to an individual.

• I'm staying out of this, we was just talking about datacenters and now it's a totally different subject. Is every thread on here like this? Haha.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: You're were using them as a crutch in that even when I was speaking to you directly in a conversation you couldn't but help bring them up, when they had nothing to do with anything...if you did it to fire up the rest of the fan boys, that's unfortunate, I thought I was talking to an individual.

Huh? I was just giving examples, are you going to say that I am using @HostBluff as a crutch as well? Sorry bud, but they are factual evidence to support my claims. You can't deny what I said was true either, anyone here can attest to that. Just because i'm stating real evidence, doesn't mean you can call it a "crutch" - that's pathetic.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • laaevlaaev Member

@FTNEthan said: Is every thread on here like this?

Its called derailing, it wouldn't happen so often if @taipres was not a member of the community ;)

Thanked by 1FTNEthan
  • taiprestaipres Member

No point in continuing this, FTNEthan has a point, thread is about hard drives. Also @FTN_Kevin thanks for giving me green light on pullin your ad, works out for everyone now.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

I'm glad I helped make you realize a point!

Hopefully your contributions will be better here on out, I trust we understand each other and that the trolling & useless posts will cease.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • taiprestaipres Member

@FTN_Kevin said: I'm glad I made you realize a point!

Hopefully your contributions will be better here on out, I trust we understand each other and that the trolling & useless posts will cease.

Thank you.

I hope they do indeed, because it reflects poorly on urpad IMHO.

• @taipres said: I hope they do indeed, because it reflects poorly on urpad IMHO.

Says the person who started them in the first place.

• laaevlaaev Member

Any posts bashing the company I represent will be reported appropriately to the admins and mods of LET, as you are not a client and don't have first hand experience, you do not have a right to write posts about the company I represent.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • taiprestaipres Member

@TheHackBox said: Says the person who started them in the first place.

Hi HackBox, and started what?

• taiprestaipres Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Any posts bashing the company I represent will be reported appropriately to the admins and mods of LET, as you are not a client and don't have first hand experience, you do not have a right to write posts about the company I represent.

Report to anyone you like, just make sure to quote the posts in question, so they see I never once "bashed" urpad.

• @taipres said: Hi HackBox, and started what?

The useless posts in this thread.

• laaevlaaev Member

@TheHackBox said: The useless posts in this thread.

I'm actually glad he did, because I helped him realize a point today for the better of the community. At any rate, if he doesn't cease making useless posts that make no contribution or benefit to the community, rest assured the administrators of LowEndTalk will take the appropriate action against his account for the interest of the community.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • taiprestaipres Member

@TheHackBox said: The useless posts in this thread.

I disagree, I started the thread and the second post was the first useless post. Also if you continue through pages I thanked those who contributed their sources, as I genuinely was and still am interested in any quality places to get budget drives. I have taken note of the places recommended though. I do agree I have contributed useless posts but I didn't start em.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: I do agree I have contributed useless posts but I didn't start em.

Great, can you please stop? I am not an admin here nor do I want to police the website, but it would really be in your best interest to, as not only would you slowly re-gain my trust and respect for you, but others as well.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: I'm actually glad he did, because I helped him realize a point today for the better of the community. At any rate, if he doesn't cease making useless posts that make no contribution or benefit to the community, rest assured the administrators of LowEndTalk will take the appropriate action against his account for the interest of the community.

That's the second time you've threatened me. Here's a thought, why don't you search all my posts and learn something? I have contributed quite a few useful threads and posts(including this very thread). Anyway this is last one I cater to this off topic non-sense.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

So you call this helpful and useful?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2231/all-of-your-leb-improvements-ive-already-done-that/p1 (Bashing ALL members of the community and LEB/LET)

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: So you call this helpful and useful?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2231/all-of-your-leb-improvements-ive-already-done-that/p1 (Bashing ALL members of the community and LEB/LET)

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2340/i-apologize

Hard.
    Drives.
    Thanks.

Speaking of which I need to plan around holidays, snag the awesome deals. I want some serious file space.

• I'm trying to stay out of this, but I can't resist. Let me state an unbiased opinion, clearly based from seeing @Taipres recent posts.

@Taipres -

A quick glance over at your posts I saw from this morning and just now shows true immaturity on your part. I'm not fairly active in this community, so I don't know if you made better posts in the past or not, but I only care about now and this is what others and myself see.
    I have also been to your website, I like how you list the things like IRC/TUNTAP/P2P etc in your post, and your website has potential. Could use a better design in my opinion, but overall it is a nice website. However, your attitude around these forums gives people an ugly impression about you as an individual, and your website (CheapVPSDeals). If you want people to visit your website, and especially if you are targeting members from LET, you should really look at how you are behaving right now. This community is fairly small, and if you want people here to view your website as an alternative source to the main site of Low end talk (LowEndBox.com), you should consider changing the way you approach other individuals on this forum. If you don't want to do this, then you should remove your signature, and stop advertising your website here - as it will result in nothing for you. Target a difference audience and niche if you cannot learn to accept the people of this community.

You claim that you are 25, but you certainly don't act like you are. I have seen younger people remain much more professional and mature than you.

That is all I have to say. This is what I personally see from your recent posts, and they are just my opinions, so if you disagree, don't be too hard on me as these are my personal views that others seem to agree with as well. I'm going to head over to the datacenter to work on a server build and then get some dinner. I'll check back on this thread later tonight.

Regards, Ethan

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

FTNEthan,
    Thanks for sharing, albeit still off topic I can appreciate your opinion. Though I'm not really sure how you see being professional as you sitting here unloading personal insults on myself(someone you don't even know), but will look past that. In terms of my site it exists solely for the community(well that and so I can test things). This way the consumers can find great deals and providers can post great deals. it's completely unbiased and i've tried to make it as useful as I could. For those that find it useful, great, i'm happy that's the case, for those that don't then i'm sure LEB is better suited for them. Either way none of this has anything to do with my signature, admins told me here that LET!=LEB so they should have no issue with it. And since your fellow coworker/boss FTN_Kevin requested urpad not be on there, his request was granted, so the way I see it you have no concerns :) I'll continue adding other great hosts and everyone wins.

• I'm just going to throw this out there. By definition, if you solely select which listings go on your site based on your own judgement of arbitrary criteria, isn't that biased? How can you say your site is unbiased?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@rajprakash said: I'm just going to throw this out there. By definition, if you solely select which listings go on your site based on your own judgement of arbitrary criteria, isn't that biased? How can you say your site is unbiased?

I mean in the sense I don't discriminate against deals, or play favorites or anything like that. Even if on a personal level i'm not a fan of whatever company. Naturally I have some criteria in place so that I don't list scams, offers with no stock, or worse deals than what's posted elsewhere. But that's pretty much it, overall i'm less strict than LEB and probably WHT for instance, I don't deny based off whois guard, though I do post if it's enabled or not.

I may even start letting providers post their own deals in a control setting, waiting for polls to be fixed to see what the community wants. My sites a labor of love really :) Though I may put ads back up later, to help pay for the hosting.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@taipres said: This isn't just about BuyVM, you made similar remarks to @HostBluff - seen here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/56670#Comment_56670

Whoa, dont drag me into this, I am trying to run a Legitimate Scam here

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@HostBluff said: Whoa, dont drag me into this, I am trying to run a Legitimate Scam here

At least you're being honest.

:3

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@KuJoe Holy smokes. If you guys knew what we paid for servers you'd all laugh at us...

but secure dragon hardware is very good. specially io speed. i read review, and also from personal experience on o256.