Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - PayPal subscription issue - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - PayPal subscription issue

Comments

• jrdai said: Sorry, no, I am a reasonable person. I would never expect people paid for my mistakes. If Inception asked for his transaction fee loss, I would have agreed without any problem.

The fact is that I don't like providers setting traps and waiting for your fault to got you! Again, I don't like to be taken advantage of.

It's not a trap. I really don't understand how you could say that after you have had all those warnings about the subscription being your own problem.

I still don't see what the problem is: you made a mistake and found out you cannot get the money back to your PayPal. Could you not just accept the fact that things are this way and use the money for a LES for one year?

Or propose getting a partial PayPal refund, like you said. Maybe Anthony is open for that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@jvnadr said:
    jrdai Let's say, there are 100 customers that make an error in a month and send more money to Inc.H. Then, they ask for a partial refund becaused of their error and they agree to pay the transaction cost of paypal themselfs. An employe of Inc.H. has to do the job, let's say, 3 minutes of work for each customer that did himself an error to handle the sutiation and another 2 minutes to answer their tickets, that has nothing to do with a problem (to the UNMANAGED VPS) caused by the company. That is 500 minutes of paying work for the company, to handle things that has nothing to do with their obligation. Who will pay for this, when the profit threshold for vps's costs 5-10$ p/m is very very low? If you do bussiness with a company that charges 40-50$ p/m/ for a managed service, then, you may have the demand to handle in a different way issues as that. But nof for a company that offers very cheap services with a minus profit (and, i case of Inc.H. a very good and stable boxes compared to most of providers here).

TL;DR It's your fault, learn from that, stop whining, don't blaim others and move on.

Bingo!

This is essentially the reason behind this, it was getting beyond a joke, subscriptions are not forced to begin with either, it is completely your choice.

• I change the thread title a bit to better reflect the situation at hand: a difference of opinion on the practice on whether or not to refund payments made by a subscription that someone forgot to cancel.

@mpkossen said:
    I change the thread title a bit to better reflect the situation at hand: a difference of opinion on the practice on whether or not to refund payments made by a subscription that someone forgot to cancel.

Thank you, for the record the OP does not actually have an LES service this was a Xen server.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Thank you, for the record the OP does not actually have an LES service this was a Xen server.

In that case, I've removed LowEndSpirit from the title as well.

• inception make a trap to customer by force their user to make a subscription payment via paypal, when you subscribe to any plan or product there is no option to checkout unless make a subscription payment/preapproved payments. Give user a option before they pay you not after

@mentari that simply is not true, additional payment methods are offered and you can simply open the invoice to make a 1 time payment.

additionally on the footer of offers on top of the other 10 notifications you get the text:

"please read the terms, if you choose to set up a subscription payment it is your responsibility to maintain, any over payments are held as account credit."

On top of that,.... it is your paypal account, you can cancel it any time you want, it takes 10 seconds.

And just to remove any doubt:

Here you go. ^^

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • mentari said: inception make a trap to customer by force their user to make a subscription payment via paypal, when you subscribe to any plan or product there is no option to checkout unless make a subscription payment/preapproved payments

You can always cancel subscription payments in your paypal account, even if you originaly agreeded. Even if a provider force to subscribe payment (not in this case), if you cancel that to paypal provider cannot know until next payment date.

• But you are referred to the subscription automatically, it does not show you the invoice and you can choose to subscribe or pay once during the initial order, I guess that's what he wants to tell you.

@tr1cky I see, well the 10+ notifications you get that ask you to manage your own subscription if you chose paypal and subscription are as a result of plugging gaps in users understanding or willingness to pay attention to what they are doing.

I am happy to take any suggestions on that one, I dont have subscriptions forced though.

• @mentari said:
    inception make a trap to customer by force their user to make a subscription payment via paypal, when you subscribe to any plan or product there is no option to checkout unless make a subscription payment/preapproved payments. Give user a option before they pay you not after

How can you think it's a trap? And force? That's up to you to buy or not, did they force you to buy their service? And on top of that, Paypal give you a function to cancel any subscription you made, use it. It's your own paypal.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

This is one of the reasons iperweb.com has no subscription as well as no possibility to add credit. It is not possible with prometeus to change anymore, but after the bad experience there with issues like these, it was inevitable. Better to answer people which ask why they cant subscribe than those that call you a thief because you "charged" their account too often, for cancelled products, for nothing, etc.
    We cant do that, we never had pre-approved transactions or whatever are they called.

Thanked by 2Infinity jvnadr

@Mao indeed I almost went that way myself, for 3 months I had removed all subscription options on new sales and the flip side was that people complained about services being terminated after the invoice was 14 days over due and why dont I take subscriptions like any other host.

It is an impossible one to win because there is no one solution fits all solution to the problem when the root cause of the problem is people not being prepared to take any responsibility for their own accounts/ payments/ life.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jrdai Me? Uneducated? Just tell me this "educated" person: do you even read the TOS? Did you even read the checkboxes you check and the Button "I agree with the terms"? Even an elementary kid would read that! Even YOU know that if you're signing a contract, you SHOULD read it!

Just watch, your blackmail post failed.

• souensouen Member

Well, the OP basically demonstrated he didn't read the TOS carefully before ordering, or he would found that part of the agreement. He could have also asked the provider to clarify pre-sales, and the provider went the extra mile to highlight this part of the TOS in separate notices.

One of the arguments was how onerous it would be if people had to read TOS for every transaction. Many supermarkets and other retail stores have a refund policy (even if it's as simple as a "no refunds, exchange only" sign), some public transit systems have a conduct policy posted on property (it covers things like paying the correct fare and what people are/aren't allowed to do on buses, in some cases people can be fined for breaking the rules).

It's very important that people read agreements before, well, agreeing to them. Contracts protect both buyer and seller, spelling out the obligations and rights that each party has. Sellers are not responsible for buyer negligence.

Thanked by 1musmiq
  • Isn't there an EU law for this? I know there's one in Sweden.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Makkesk8 said:
    Isn't there an EU law for this? I know there's one in Sweden.

Which one?

• jrdaijrdai Member

Void_Whisperer said: I hope you realize you are coming off as an idiot here - you agreed to the ToS upon purchase, and now that they did what they said they would do, you come crying to LET.

Sorry, I let you down. At first, I just feel needed to warn the others. Now, with crazy lowendspirit followers, I must insist on sharing my experience in case others be misled by people like you.

5n1p said: Anyway this wont help you get your money back, and if I were you I would hope that providers from here don't connect your account with name with there customers list.

Ha, nice try, starting to threaten now. When people start threatening, usually they are desperate.

Heinz said: This has nothing to do with TOS but business ethics. It's human mistake every reasonable host would fix it with few mouseclicks and return money paid by mistake. Impartial person would know what is right and what is wrong but many of you aren't.

I love inceptionhosting too. I can find many positive things about this host, but non refundable payment by mistake isn't one of them. Reasonable host would work with a client and refund him.

Couldn't agree more. See, there are always reasonable people. If people share the same value with you, they definitely get the idea.

• I don't think you're being very reasonable when you're saying things like this about the host just because they're sticking to their own ToS after giving you multiple notices regarding Paypal subscriptions:

The Inception is one of them, I highly despise them. It shows how they "care" their customers. It shows no matter how they behave previouly, deep down in their heart, they are DISHONEST, GREEDY, MEAN and SELFISH!

No reasonable host would appreciate being called a thief just because you failed to read all the repeated notices yourself, and the way you're insulting people who happen to disagree with you aren't winning you many allies either. Honestly, I think you're blowing things way out of proportion and I'm not even a LES customer.

• jrdaijrdai Member

To sum up, the fact: I overpaid and Inception refused to refund the money that does not belong to it, and keep it as so call credits. (Why would I want credit if I decided to leave)

The Inception's Argument and excuse (same as their followers):
    They have a term stating no refund for overpayment. I don't know the UK laws, in my country, that's call fraud, you cannot disclaim yourself by putting such statement in the contract. It conflicts the consumer law and thus void itself.

That's the only argument they and their lowendspirit lovers have. Seems legal, logical, but miss my point.

You know a person better when at your hard times, and the way how to deal with your trouble,problems. You know a company better, when you have a problem with them, and they deal with the problem.

From my experience, it shows their quality, their ethic code for doing business, how they treat customer when conflict happens.

I am here to warn those who may share the same value/vision/view/outlook/ethics.

• jrdaijrdai Member
    edited March 2014

Those who have little time to read every comment, I suggest to read these:

cygni said: I had similar experience with this host, and personally would not recommend them mainly due to unprofessionalism. @cygni

joelgm said: There is a provision of partial refunds, isn't there? Granted the provider has a TOS specifically detailing non refunds. However keeping a customer's money against his wishes without providing service to him is morally wrong. In my country, such an act would be illegal and override any contract or TOS the provider has. Why keep a customer's money with you when he doesn't want your service? You could refund him partially without a loss for you. What happened to the humane element of business? So the customer made a mistake and forgot to cancel. Big deal. To err is human.@joelgm

ksubedi said: It's a basic rule of customer service to keep customers happy no matter what. And the customer was not even being unreasonable, people forget things sometimes, its human nature. Yeah their TOS might say otherwise, but they should have refunded just to keep the customer happy.@ksubedi

Heinz said: This has nothing to do with TOS but business ethics. It's human mistake every reasonable host would fix it with few mouseclicks and return money paid by mistake. Impartial person would know what is right and what is wrong but many of you aren't. I love inceptionhosting too. I can find many positive things about this host, but non refundable payment by mistake isn't one of them. Reasonable host would work with a client and refund him.@Heinz

These are the only ones that gets my point.

And read their TOS:

Inception Hosting will apply an admin charge of €25 to any credit or part thereof in the event a refund of an overpayment is requested, if your total credit does not exceed the admin charge and credit will be forfeit upon closing your account.

The refund policy is not open for any negotiation and is final and absolute any attempts to pursue a refund outside of these conditions will be ignored and your account will be considered in abuse of terms.

So, if you are after your money that goes into their pocket, you are an abuser! Inception is the one kind of host, may looks pretty, and should stay away!

• look at it this way, the few dollars you were 'overcharged' can be your out of court settlement for calling them liars. job done.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

ricardo said: look at it this way, the few dollars you were 'overcharged' can be your out of court settlement for calling them liars. job done.

To be fair, he never said he was overcharged.

• Well paying more than what he anticipated could be called being overcharged, neither here nor there tbh.

• @ricardo said:
    look at it this way, the few dollars you were 'overcharged' can be your out of court settlement for calling them liars. job done.

Where did he call them liars?

• "dishonest"

• jrdai said: I don't know the UK laws, in my country, that's call fraud

In America this is called legal, but you would still have the ability to goto court.

Step by step:

• What is required to sue? Assault, battery, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and fraud.
    • You stated fraud. What is fraud? A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair gain.
    • This is where logic fails. The gain is apparently a few dollars. But what is your evidence of deception? What did Inception Hosting do that was deception?

@jrdai

Ok let us take this step by step then.

1) You were given a huge amount of notices about this, why did you pay no attention?

2) Do you think it is fine for me to pay for your mistake? (yes it costs money)

3) Do you think it is ok for you to ask me to spend my time on your inaction?

4) What could I have done to make it even more clear?

5) What arrangement do you want to come to here if I was to work with you that you think is fair?

6) Last time you overpaid your utility bill for gas/electric on standing order did you start a public protect because they offered you credit?

7) What part of this did not make it clear to you at the very last stage of your cancellation? :

Thanked by 1srvrpro

heh typo in the email :)

This discussion has been closed.