Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - PayPal subscription issue - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - PayPal subscription issue

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@grillmaster said:
    and learn from your mistake.

This^

• jrdaijrdai Member

mpkossen said: I don't think this is a good "comparison" because the service was just fine. He cancelled his service but forgot to cancel his self-initiated money-sending mechanism towards Inception Hosting. He now expects Inception Hosting to make costs to send him back the money that he sent himself!

Sorry, no, I am a reasonable person. I would never expect people paid for my mistakes. If Inception asked for his transaction fee loss, I would have agreed without any problem.

The fact is that I don't like providers setting traps and waiting for your fault to got you! Again, I don't like to be taken advantage of.

zormal said: Just processing reimbursements for a $3/y service

I am paying nearly $7 per month.

MikHo said: Trying to blame others for your own mistake is not acceptable in my eyes.

Your mistake doesn't give others an excuse to take your money. If someone picked up your lost wallet because of your negligence, does it mean he can own your wallet? Simple as that.

• jrdaijrdai Member

musmiq said: Reading and agreeing TOS is a must right? The payment is put as your account credit right? So why so rumble?

Yeah, you are all right. I hope you will live in a world where people like Inception are all around you. So you will HAVE TO read the TOS before entering a supermarket, before taking a bus, before buying clothes and so on. Otherwise, you are the one to take the responsibilities.

@jrdai said:
    Your mistake doesn't give others an excuse to take your money. If someone picked up your lost wallet because of your negligence, does it mean he can own your wallet? Simple as that.

In this case it's more like someone you trust with your money gave it to a homeless man and then you demand it back from the homeless man.

• vedranvedran Veteran

jrdai said: I am paying nearly $7 per month.

Are we talking about low end spirit here?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

jrdai said: I am paying nearly $7 per month.

Than you are not paying for LES.

Anyway, he did not take your money, you can still use it in the future to order something else. Just ask them to keep the fee and I am sure some arrangement could have been made. After all this fuss, I dont think so, though.

We also have a non-refund policy and we also have people setting up subscriptions, I offer them to refund minus the fee and they are happy, but the accountants are not. It is very complicated with VAT and it is simply not worth it. So, In the end, if the credit is from current month, i refund everything, just to keep accountants off Daniela's back, but if it happens again, then no refund, period. We are not happy to play ping-pong with a few Euros.
    It is their right to not refund, from your reaction here, it also looks like they did the right thing.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jrdai gosh I'm tired of you... Just fcling read the fcling TOS! You EVEN CHECKED the f*cling box where it says NO DAMN REFUND.

Geez, rant off. I'm just tired of people not reading tos and using forums to blackmail providers

@vedran said:

Are we talking about low end spirit here?

Not at that price, LES is €3/year unless you got the bundle @ €10/year.

• @jrdai said:
    Yeah, you are all right. I hope you will live in a world where people like Inception are all around you. So you will HAVE TO read the TOS before entering a supermarket, before taking a bus, before buying clothes and so on. Otherwise, you are the one to take the responsibilities.

man, there are always tos on term of buy and sell activities. if you enter real supermarket, they have tos too, that you must agree with. in your case,it's you who agree with the tos for 7/month. and they don't take your money, it's on your account credit. so, why you rumble so much...

• said: The Inception is one of them, I highly despise them. It shows how they "care" their customers. It shows no matter how they behave previouly, deep down in their heart, they are DISHONEST, GREEDY, MEAN and SELFISH!

Bullsh*t... If there is one provider and one person that does care for their customers and is completely honest and transparent , than it's Inceptionhosting and @AnthonySmith.

Thanked by 2mikho 5n1p
  • bretonbreton Member
    edited March 2014

"I don't want to play by the rules I agreed with, I will make out my own and start using them right now"-thread

Thanked by 3mikho musmiq netomx
  • jrdaijrdai Member

MikHo said: In this case it's more like someone you trust with your money gave it to a homeless man and then you demand it back from the homeless man.

It is completely irrelevant. I doubt how the hell old are you, you must be a kid to have that kind of understanding.

vedran said: Are we talking about low end spirit here?

It is Inception Hosting, the other more high class of the same LES.

netomx said: gosh I'm tired of you... Just fcling read the fcling TOS! You EVEN CHECKED the f*cling box where it says NO DAMN REFUND.

Geez, rant off. I'm just tired of people not reading tos and using forums to blackmail providers

Watch your mouth. You act like from under-educated family.

musmiq said: man, there are always tos on term of buy and sell activities. if you enter real supermarket, they have tos too, that you must agree with.

So, did you read them?

• @jrdai : You made a mistake, not inception. Live with it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jrdai said:
    So, did you read them?

Why whether he've read them matters?
    You're blaming others for the mistakes you've made.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • jrdaijrdai Member

I am kind of understand all those disagreement. I bet most of you are all from Lowendspirit, who never pay more than 5 dollar a month, and have absolutely no idea of what customer care and professionism is.

Being unreasonablely supportive only makes other mature people think twice before believing.

I am sharing my experience and how I feel, and warn those may want have more customer-oriented providers.

The fact is simple:
    I overpaid and Inception refused to refund because they have a term not to refund your money. Your money came in and never will be out.

• edited March 2014

I hope you realize you are coming off as an idiot here - you agreed to the ToS upon purchase, and now that they did what they said they would do, you come crying to LET.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • 5n1p5n1p Member
    edited March 2014

From your last few post's and insulting people calling them uneducated, kids, in a thread where you pointed out that you don't even "READ"?

Anyway this wont help you get your money back, and if I were you I would hope that providers from here don't connect your account with name with there customers list.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • HeinzHeinz Member
    edited March 2014

This has nothing to do with TOS but business ethics. It's human mistake every reasonable host would fix it with few mouseclicks and return money paid by mistake. Impartial person would know what is right and what is wrong but many of you aren't.

I love inceptionhosting too. I can find many positive things about this host, but non refundable payment by mistake isn't one of them. Reasonable host would work with a client and refund him.

Thanked by 1jrdai
  • MikHo said: unless you got the bundle @ €10/year.

Bundle?

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

Although I believe if this a monthly service they should have probably refunded you, the thread title and argument you are putting forward is wholly unfair. To pick apart your claim:

DISHONEST = No. Clearly stated in TOS and upon ordering
    GREEDY = No. You still have the full use of the amount as credit. I doubt $7 is chipping away at a Porsche or anything
    MEAN = Only very slightly. It's up to them how they handle this. You agreed to their terms and they have added it as account credit
    SELFISH = No

• Welcome to the real world. You made a mistake, learn from it. Don't jump on a forum and bash an awesome host and end up looking more stupid.

Everyone makes mistakes, this one cost you $7 - handle it like an adult.

@Steve81 said:
    Bundle?

There was an offer here on LET not long ago. All 4 locations at 10/year.

@jrdai said:
    It is completely irrelevant. I doubt how the hell old are you, you must be a kid to have that kind of understanding.

Far from a kid, depending on how you asked for a refund it could have been resolved in a better (for you) way.

@Heinz said:
    This has nothing to do with TOS but business ethics.

It has to do with both. The TOS is the contract that both sides agree upon before signing up for a service as this is.

If I understand what happened here then the money is put as account credit, it is not gone.

Reasonable host would work with a client and refund him.

Depending on how the user has requested it, yes.
    If the request was similar to the post here it wasn't a request, it was a demand for a refund and even I would decline it then and there.

• I think that you should be more careful next time and just manually handle the payments to prevent future problems.

Thanked by 1jrdai
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2014

@jrdai nice thread.

I have gone over this more times than I can remember, I stand firm on my stance.

tl:dr
    you had 10 separate notifications on how the subscriptions work and 9 days to resolve it, you chose to ignore literally everything and made no effort to help yourself, then you called me a thief and started this thread.

Despite all this you still have the credit to use no one has stolen anything, I stand firm I will not spend my own time and money on someone who makes no effort to help themselves.

This was my 'final' response to the ticket that has prompted this foot stamping thread.

Hi,

I understand your perspective it is not one I can agree with, no one in this world especially in the UK can afford to work for free.

It literally could not be more clear what happens to over payments and what the situation is all the way through your experience.

Starting with the terms you agreed to before committing to purchase, further info on the following emails regarding subscription payments:

29/01/2014 08:06    Customer Invoice
    29/01/2014 08:06    Order Confirmation
    29/01/2014 08:07    Invoice Payment Confirmation

Followed by:

29/01/2014 08:07    Your New VPS Server Details

Which contains:

PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL.

If you have this email it means you have agreed to both our acceptable use policy and terms of service, a brief outline of what you have agreed to can be found at the bottom of this email.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1) If you have set up a paypal subscription this is your responsibility to maintain, and over payments due to subscriptions cannot be refunded and will be held in credit.

^^ This email is sent specifically for those that do not want to take a few minutes to read anything else. ^^

Then further info on the following emails:

15/02/2014 00:00    Customer Invoice
    28/02/2014 11:12    Invoice Payment Confirmation
    18/03/2014 00:00    Customer Invoice

And then perhaps most importantly this email:

0/03/2014 07:42 Cancellation Request Confirmation

Which contains: (highlighted in yellow with bold text)

If you have a PayPal subscription in place you MUST also cancel this yourself, as per the many notifications by email, in our terms and information in the knowledge base your subscription and agreement with PayPal is your responsibility and yours alone, any over payments made sue to failure to correctly manage your own subscription cannot and will not be refunded instead it will be held as account credit for later use by you for services.

You then had 9 days in which to take this simple action, you then opened a ticket which already covers the situation in the knowledge base you confirmed you read and decided that you want to dispute this anyway the end result is taking up my time to reiterate everything you have already been told but ignored.

So you have been given 10 separate notifications some of which you double confirmed you understood that made you aware of the facts so I would ask what makes you think it is then OK to essentially call me a thief?

The account credit has been added to your account.

For the record if you set up any subscription/ standing order/ direct debit in the UK for a service and you forget to cancel it then it is highly unlikely that you would even get credit never mind a refund.

Thanks.

Anthony.

That is all I have to say, I understand people have different perspectives on things and that is fine, in this instance you chose to do business with inception hosting, I feel I have done everything in my power to give you every opportunity to manage this correctly and have in no way failed to deliver exactly what I said I would, no one forced you to buy anything or agree to anything.

• jrdai said: So you will HAVE TO read the TOS before entering a supermarket, before taking a bus, before buying clothes and so on. Otherwise, you are the one to take the responsibilities.

Correct, welcome to the real world. There is more personal responsibility to come.

• MikHo said: There was an offer here on LET not long ago. All 4 locations at 10/year.

I understand, thank you for the clarification.
    That's sad, I bought all of them separately while they come out. :D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:

I totally get that people don't fully read the TOS, that is why I send an additional notification on 8 separate emails on this point and have a knowledge base and then make it crystal clear in bold text highlighted in yellow when you go to cancel.

Honestly it is a case of you can only lead a horse to water, you cant force it to drink.

People don't understand that every time they think the rules don't apply to them and then want to dispute it that costs time and money.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2014

@jrdai Let's say, there are 100 customers that make an error in a month and send more money to Inc.H. Then, they ask for a partial refund becaused of their error and they agree to pay the transaction cost of paypal themselfs. An employe of Inc.H. has to do the job, let's say, 3 minutes of work for each customer that did himself an error to handle the sutiation and another 2 minutes to answer their tickets, that has nothing to do with a problem (to the UNMANAGED VPS) caused by the company. That is 500 minutes of paying work for the company, to handle things that has nothing to do with their obligation. Who will pay for this, when the profit threshold for vps's costs 5-10$ p/m is very very low? If you do bussiness with a company that charges 40-50$ p/m/ for a managed service, then, you may have the demand to handle in a different way issues as that. But nof for a company that offers very cheap services with a minus profit (and, i case of Inc.H. a very good and stable boxes compared to most of providers here).

jrdai said: who never pay more than 5 dollar a month, and have absolutely no idea of what customer care and professionism is

That's the point: If you pay hundereds of bucks, then you expect different customer service. When you pay peanuts, you expect a reasonably stable box and minimum customer service, because of the costs! It's like a low-cost air carrier. If you buy a ticket from a low cost carrier and you made a mistake (e.g. chose wrong destination), then the company will NOT refund you, it's your mistake. If you buy the same ticket from a non low-cost carried, then you can change the ticket. But it costs 2X or 3X more!

TL;DR It's your fault, learn from that, stop whining, don't blaim others and move on.

Thanked by 1Maounique

@Steve81 said:
    That's sad, I bought all of them separately while they come out. :D

So did I, but then again. It's not that much money and totally worth every cent.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • MikHo said: So did I, but then again. It's not that much money and totally worth every cent.

I totally agree with you, @AnthonySmith provide a very good service.

This discussion has been closed.